PDA

View Full Version : AT&T U-verse

nasa1974
07-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Hey folks,

Started this up to get pro's and con's on AT&T U-verse. I currently have Time Warner and I am thinking about changing to ATT. Not looking to give up my landline at this time. So what do you think?

bjean
07-16-2010, 08:09 AM
We had dish network (hated it due to limited recording) and At&t landline and internet service. Our bill has increase about $50 but now we have all movie channels, before just HBO. Just make sure u get a decent installer, it takes about 4 hrs to install AT&T uverse, the first installer had all lines exposed on house, alot of hammering and banging in the attic. AT&T came out to inspect crappy job and had to redo which took another 4 hours. :blink: Still trying to get them to remove staples jutting out of brick. good luck........bj

Buster
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm having it installed Monday..and one of the things I asked about, was about installation of new wires and stuff..they said several times "NO" nothing but a Gateway wireless router to my Computer, and TV's and DVR and will use all my existing internal phone lines for the phone..and won't affect my security system monitoring either..I was told I could have the GATEWAY thingy put anywhere in the house or garage near the incoming line ..I have Cable TV and ATT phone and DSL interent now..I'm wondering if they will have to run new undergound fiberoptic cable to the house though:confused:..That would be the only install of new wire, I'm guessing

All for $105/month without HBO, SHowtime, etc..just all the HD cable and local tv channels

Plus I'm saving $50+ bucks a month over the other two methods of service I had...and they are giving me a $100 Visa card

I worked them for three days and each time they called back I got a better offer..