PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

JTH
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Tom

I haven't had much opportunity to analize the markets lately, but I wanted to thank you for doing your Nightly Commentary (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html). It's probably the best feature of this forum and a great way for me to "catch up" quickly.

KevinD
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
+1.

Frixxxx
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
+1 :cool:

tsptalk
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Tom

I haven't had much opportunity to analize the markets lately, but I wanted to thank you for doing your Nightly Commentary (http://www.tsptalk.com/comments.html). It's probably the best feature of this forum and a great way for me to "catch up" quickly.
Cool! I always wonder if anyone is reading it. :D

SWAVET
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Read daily & +1 for me too.

Birchtree
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I read it because I like the bearish tint - it helps keep me focused.

JTH
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM

To answer your question, the time you didn't do your blog, nearly 3 times more people read mine! I must have earned a buck in my Google adsense account that night. :D

Zebe
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks Tom. Read your commentary daily. I count on it for a balanced view. It is the best daily commentary on the net for TSP.

SWAVET
07-13-2010, 04:01 PM
To answer your question, the time you didn't do your blog, nearly 3 times more people read mine! I must have earned a buck in my Google adsense account that night. :D

I read you blog because I'm so :confused:, as I'm try to learn the chart and :blink:ing signal

nasa1974
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I'll add my two cents. Thanks Tom. +2:D

burrocrat
07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
read it daily, thanks Tom. i can't say that my returns have improved much, but that has less to do with the tool and more with how i've implemented it.

would be lost without it.

visual
07-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Tom. I read it almost everyday. Lately I get more confus after reading your blog since you flip flop between bullish and bearish.

JTH
07-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks Tom. I read it almost everyday. Lately I get more confus after reading your blog since you flip flop between bullish and bearish.

He's not the only one flip-flopping, this is the most divisive I've seen the CNBC/Bloomberg/UTube market pundits in quite some time.

crws
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
thx3
Tom, just as long as you don't get dizzy or whiplash watching the market thrash like a wild boar.
At our age the kids get nervous when symptoms of vertigo start cropping up! :laugh:

Thanks Tom. ... since you flip flop between bullish and bearish.

FireModel
07-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Most mornings before I leave for work I look first at the TSP Talk Market Commentary, then the Yahoo Briefing Market Update to see which way the wind is blowing. For me the TSP Talk Market Commentary sets the tone for the day and then I follow the comments and links on the TSP Talk Message Board and look to see how the Yahoo update notes significant daily events that affect market movement. For the most part that's been my market analysis method for the many month's I've been lurking on this MB. Thanks to you Tom and the many others on this MB who have given me insight into how to make the best of my retirement investments.

tsptalk
07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey everyone. Thanks for the nice feedback. I'm blushing.

Changing camps is tough and something I have not always been able to do. I used to be a lot more stubborn about my market analysis. Now I'm more apt to admit when I'm wrong, or change strategies when things are turning.

dannyboy
07-14-2010, 09:16 AM
:) Tom's site is the best, I have 48+ other financial sites that offer their (often contradictory) thoughts, but Toms one stop is best. :D

DB

JTH
07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Most mornings before I leave for work I look first at the TSP Talk Market Commentary, then the Yahoo Briefing Market Update to see which way the wind is blowing. For me the TSP Talk Market Commentary sets the tone for the day and then I follow the comments and links on the TSP Talk Message Board and look to see how the Yahoo update notes significant daily events that affect market movement. For the most part that's been my market analysis method for the many month's I've been lurking on this MB. Thanks to you Tom and the many others on this MB who have given me insight into how to make the best of my retirement investments.

Great 1st post, wellcome to "joining" the forum! :)

DansTSP
07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
I definitely read your commentary just about every day, Tom, and appreciate the embedded charts, which often feed into my decision to adjust my account (or not).

And now that you mention it, you have been more nimble of late, which I would agree is a good trend.

J-Trader
07-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Another daily reader here - I have been for years. I like the more unbiased approach you are taking. Keep up the great work!!!

zzzgator
07-15-2010, 07:21 AM
I read them all the time, good medication for the hyper Snort.. Tree effect.