PDA

View Full Version : New TSP website up and running

OBGibby
07-11-2010, 06:10 AM
The new TSP website is now operational. Looks good to me...

PessOptimist
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes it is. The first time I tried to log in it gave me the username/password wrong error and I thought...let's just say I had thoughts.:mad:

I logged in successfully the second time. I like that you can see more than the last three transactions and it seems to be easier to find more information.

I logged out and tried logging in a few more times. It seems to be hit or miss. My typing can't be that bad.:worried:

Is anyone else having any log in issues?

NBD, give it a few days. There are bound to be some bugs.

nasa1974
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes it is. The first time I tried to log in it gave me the username/password wrong error and I thought...let's just say I had thoughts.:mad:

I logged in successfully the second time. I like that you can see more than the last three transactions and it seems to be easier to find more information.

I logged out and tried logging in a few more times. It seems to be hit or miss. My typing can't be that bad.:worried:

Is anyone else having any log in issues?

NBD, give it a few days. There are bound to be some bugs.

To be honest there really shouldn't be any bugs. The new website was to go live in the April/May time frame but the waited because the FRTIB wanted more testing done. I am guessing that the problem may be due to the site going down for reboots and information being added. The notice said it would be down all weekend.

PessOptimist
07-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Like I said, give it a few days. I still maintain my typing can't be that bad.:nuts:

nasa1974
07-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Just logged in this morning. No problems. So far I like the new site.

Frixxxx
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM
PO,

I noticed that when you first go to the site it has two fields:

TSP Account Number

https://www.tsp.gov/resources/images/loginOrLine.gif
Username

This is very confusing at first. You type in one and click login and then your password!

Hope that helps.....:cool:

P.S. No FRTIB link is reaily available......oops, found it under Contact TSP>

dannyboy
07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Just logged in this morning. No problems. So far I like the new site.
:) I logged in, no problem and pretty much everything is right there, that's needed on the first screen! I like it, :cheesy:, So far :notrust: .

jimijr
07-15-2010, 05:14 PM
It runs slow on my dial-up from home. Even text-only. Boo! Hiss!

Frixxxx
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
It runs slow on my dial-up from home. Even text-only. Boo! Hiss!
Sorry, I never even thought of dial-up. Have you executed trades? If so, how long does it take?:worried:

JTH
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but the new website sux. Sure they added a few new features, but they could have done that without changing the look of the website. Essentially they wiped their proverbial butts with your money, sort of like putting lipstick on a pig.

You want real options? How about more control over YOUR money and more investment options so I can short this pathetic excuse for a market instead of sitting on my azz-with-cash.

This new (waste of your money) website doesn't change anything, Mr. ____ you still suck :mad:

Intrepid_Timer
07-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but the new website sux. Sure they added a few new features, but they could have done that without changing the look of the website. Essentially they wiped their proverbial butts with your money, sort of like putting lipstick on a pig.

You want real options? How about more control over YOUR money and more investment options so I can short this pathetic excuse for a market instead of sitting on my azz-with-cash.

This new (waste of your money) website doesn't change anything, Mr. ____ you still suck :mad:

+1 from me!!!!! ;)

crws
07-15-2010, 07:56 PM

Actually, not being able to short the market may be what saves you cash. :laugh: (Just in case your mouse finger was twitching- LOL) :laugh:

tsptalk
07-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I had a guy email me today saying he saw that they changed the website, asking me, "how do I see my balance now?

The funny thing is, when you login you see your balance right there. Somehow this guy missed it. Change isn't always good.

jimijr
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM
NFC did the same thing, changed their web site for no good reason that I can see. But it, too is slow, which leads me to believe there is a whole 'nother generation of tracking software at work, or something like it.

I have not yet made any trades, I'm 6 months from retirement and sitting on the lily pad. :)

tsptalk
07-16-2010, 10:04 AM
The TSP website appears down this morning. Has anyone been able to login?

www.tsp.gov (http://www.tsp.gov)

JTH
07-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm in, but I have had problems with their security certificate.

Intrepid_Timer
07-16-2010, 10:10 AM
The TSP website appears down this morning. Has anyone been able to login?

www.tsp.gov (http://www.tsp.gov)

Just logged in Tom.

tsptalk
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I tried my laptop and got in. Strange. My PC may be having problems with the security certificate also. Not sure what is up. Someone emailed me today about that problem as well.

JTH
07-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I tried my laptop and got in. Strange. My PC may be having problems with the security certificate also. Not sure what is up. Someone emailed me today about that problem as well.

I'll guess your browser is set to reject invalid certificates.

tsptalk
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I just tried something and it worked...

I went into Internet Explorer:

Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab >

Then I unchecked the box that says, "Enable Protected Mode". Click Apply.

I signed into www.tsp.gov (http://www.tsp.gov) OK at that point. I reset it when I was done. Tried to get on again, and got the error page again, so that appears to be my issue.

tsptalk
07-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Something else that worked was adding:

http://www.tsp.gov and
https://www.tsp.gov

To the trusted sites list (in the security tab).

crws
07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Something else that worked was adding:

http://www.tsp.gov and
https://www.tsp.gov

To the trusted sites list (in the security tab).

I've had issues when my browser has been open for an extended period, and I had tsp'd prior with a now closed tab.
I fully close the browser, then I'm able to log in.
Until I do that, no error messages or any notifications, just pops me back to password page.
Is that what was happening to you?
It's happened to me with IE6 (had to close all windows) and FF.
I would like to think it is a security feature that was purposely integrated.
I do notice a slight lag now, like the site is loading scripts and is not as snappy,
but like at work, we're used to it, right? :rolleyes:

jimijr
07-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Gov Exec has an article on the website -- full of quotes from this thread!

tsptalk
07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=45703

JTH
07-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Typical, they never seem to quote me...

KevinD
07-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Anybody else having trouble?

Gumby
07-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Anybody else having trouble?

I'm having the same problem:(

KevinD
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Just got in.

683KEU
07-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit.........if your userid and password happen to be identical, you can no longer login to the system. :( You could login up to last Tuesday with them both the same (on both the old and new websites).

Of course, this security change was done without warning to the users as per the guy I talked to at TSP, so I am locked out of my account (at least online) until I get a new password (10 days, give or take, by snail mail). I can still call them, but any changes I make to my account are usually last minute....or I don't have the luxury of 15-25 minutes on hold.

I know, having the username and password the same is a major no-no as per security regulations, but with literally 27 different usernames and attendent passwords for work, I needed something I could actually remember without a cheat sheet!:embarrest: Oh well, live and learn..........

tsptalk
07-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow! A warning would have been nice.

683KEU
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Agreed....a warning would have been all it took for me to change it immediately. And a way to do so (securely) on the website would be nice instead of by mail (you'd think that could have been worked into the website overhaul contract as a no-brainer). Every bank and credit card company doesn't seem to have a problem coding that functionality as well as preventing identical username/password combinations.

In reality, I remember also being somewhat surprised that the system let me choose identical usernames and passwords given the fact that it is the interface to a retirement/financial system in the first place (I did it just to see what would happen).;)

KevinD
08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Share prices on the front page at TSP.GOV don't match prices when I'm logged in to my account. Sorry the pics are so blurry... :o

KevinD
08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
2010, 2020, 2030, and 2040 are different. L Income is good.

tsptalk
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Now that's funny. Not only did they screw up my spreadsheets and the Autotracker when they changed the format of the TSP share prices, they screwed themselves.

I haven't looked, but I wonder how bad this is. They could be messing up people's account balances with this mistake. It would only affect L-fund accounts, but wow!

JTH
08-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Now that's funny. Not only did they screw up my spreadsheets and the Autotracker when they changed the format of the TSP share prices, they screwed themselves.

I haven't looked, but I wonder how bad this is. They could be messing up people's account balances with this mistake. It would only affect L-fund accounts, but wow!

Do you think perhaps they've shifted the L-Fund allocations?

KevinD
08-01-2010, 09:52 PM
They shifted in July and aren't scheduled to shift again till October.

tsptalk
08-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Do you think perhaps they've shifted the L-Fund allocations?
If you notice, the prices are backwards from 2010 to 2040. They used to list them from 2040 to 2010, then L-Inc, then they changed it to L-Inc, 2010 to 2040, but apparently they didn't account for it in some of their pages.

JTH
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
OIC said the blind man. Ok I admit I hate the L-Funds and could care less what happens to them, but I sure hope they aren't ripping any of us off... :)

tsptalk
08-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Share prices on the front page at TSP.GOV don't match prices when I'm logged in to my account. Sorry the pics are so blurry... :o

I just checked my account, and the L-fund prices look OK. Perhaps they've fixed it. Have you checked recently (tonight) Kevin?

KevinD
08-02-2010, 05:58 AM
I haven't looked this morning yet. I sent them a message last night. Probably just a bug that needed to be worked out.

crws
08-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I just checked mine, from what I can tell the L 20xx Fund share price table on the home page was inverted, it was changed since Kevin and you first posted.
Good eye, Kev! Wrong address, eh? :laugh:
Are you a T-6?

I just checked my account, and the L-fund prices look OK. Perhaps they've fixed it. Have you checked recently (tonight) Kevin?

KevinD
08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
All city carriers are 6's now. I'm not sure how they pay floaters any more.

Callme_CO
08-10-2010, 02:40 PM
anybody having issues logging on to the website? i keep trying and it keeps taking me back to the user name and password screen.

nnuut
08-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Nope works for me CO!:confused:

Callme_CO
08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
for some reason when I bring it up it wont work...but then when i refresh it and re do my user name and password it works. beats all i have seen.

nnuut
08-11-2010, 09:48 AM
for some reason when I bring it up it wont work...but then when i refresh it and re do my user name and password it works. beats all i have seen.
Might be a bug, it's new and there are many different versions of Internet Browsers, I'm using IE-8 256bit.:confused:

alevin
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Hmm, I logged in for first time in several days. I usually log on in masked mode. It wouldn't take my acct # and password I've had for years. I tried about 3 times. Finally decided to try "unmasked" login. that worked. what gives? must be a bug.:confused::suspicious:

nnuut
08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Make sure you only inter one thing on the first page, your Account Number or User ID # not both. I know it sounds silly but it could be confusing because you logged both your ID and Password on the same page prior to the new revision.

alevin
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
nnuut, I don't even have a user id# (that I know of). I always use the account #. and my password. the site is misbehaving in masked mode on second page. Once I used unmasked mode to enter acct # and password on second page, it behaved itself.

nnuut
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I've tried it both ways, on the home page it did give me the wrong USER ID notice one time!!!!! I tried again and it was OK?:confused:

nnuut
08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh, user IDs are cool, instead of entering that long Account # you can set up a user ID instead, something easier to remember.:rolleyes:

crws
08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to set up IFT "gifting"
Give IFT

Frixxxx
09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
8:25

Can't login!!!:mad:

Frixxxx
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM
8:29

Back now:confused: