PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Blockade Incident Effect

Warrenlm
06-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I don't see this being discussed elsewhere but it seems it could become a larger issue. With the USG's two actions this week, concerning how we responded to this incident (and the world's view that it was a massacre, unprovoked of course) and our nuclear nonproliferation stance in the UN, Israel must be seeing itself further against the wall, and now without any friends.

How will it react? Change the government to get along with Obama and hope they will survive by compromising? Take unilateral action against Iran? It would seem the situation in the Middle East has just been ratcheted up considerably.

mick504
06-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Actually history shows that it doesn't take much to start a war! Both the Palestinians and the Israelies have had their differences for each other for some time now. I like the leader of Israel...one of the more tougher guys on the block.

KevinD
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Both the Palestinians and the Israelies have had their differences for each other for some time now.

I don't know the whole story but "some time" doesn't quite do justice to the problems in the middle east.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showpost.php?p=239660&postcount=79