PDA

View Full Version : New Political Message Board Coming

tsptalk
05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
In an attempt to revive the popular Political Forum, but to keep the TSP and market discussions separate from the sometimes consuming and passionate political discussions, a new political forum website is being created.

Look for Beltway Talk... www.BeltwayTalk.com (http://www.BeltwayTalk.com) / Forum (http://www.beltwaytalk.com/forum.php) in the coming days.

It will be a shell of a website to start as it will be a work in progress for some time. It will incorporate the latest version of this message board software, which will be a change for all of us.

I will let you know when it is ready for use. Hope to see you there!

James48843
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Cool!

Steadygain
05-19-2010, 06:59 PM
WOW -- Finally it's open.

Man I made such a huge mistake the other day and I'm really glad something as 'important as this is back'.

I want everyone to know that some things I've lived through have very seriously done a lot of damage and in turn have hugely screwed up my ability to see things and understand things the way I need to and it's been a long process trying to deal with them.

My brain itself was tested extensively for hours and hours with numerous tests and found to be among the TOP 5% in terms of processing and intellect and stuff - so it's way more what I've been through and trying to work through it.

In the 7th grade a new boy arrived to our school and he was huge and I'd never seen anything like him to that day. He wasn't in my class but he came to our hallway and shouted out to everyone there that he was there to kill someone -- that is why he was in the school and he knew it was someone in the hall somewhere. My first time ever encountering EVIL on that magnitude and it scared me to the bone. Later he narrowed it down and told me openly and directly that I was the one and he would kill me. For him there was no doubt he would do what he was there for.

So since coming on to this Site I have somehow been able to let a lot of walls down that have constantly been built and reinforced over the years. As this happened huge areas of my existence were exposed for the FIRST TIME Ever -- and many of the feelings and emotions from back then were raw and open. Most of these were being actively healed and soothed in a very theripeutic way - in a way that was unbelievibly POSITIVE but it was all 'foreign to me' and I didn't understand what was going on.

Somehow I saw CB as this source of Evil and THAT was very wrong of me. He is totally the opposite of Evil and his heart and life stand for the most decent things anyone could ever stand for. When that part of my life was 'confronted' it HIT me harder than anything I could ever remember and CB was somehow used in a terrible way. At that time I in turn associated everyone connected with him as equally Evil and I know that has to sound crazy to all of you. The 4 people who promised to protect me from the guy who threw me over the roof did nothing to protect me. So I very unfairly attacked a group of highly intelligent - totally wonderful people on this MB - and this past event is what I was finally having the opportunity to work through. NOW it is all over and in retrospect I realize how WRONG I was to remotely think bad of CB and equally -- if not worse -- to attack so many other TOTALLY INNOCENT and WONDERFUL PEOPLE on the MB.

So I want to clear the air and I honestly and in all sincerity hope everyone understands.

It's a part of my life I'd never been able to resolve until just recently and although I'm sorry so many had to get hurt in the process I am very grateful it's finally resolved.

Sincerely,
Steady

Buster
05-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Tom, Need any MODS to help keep the peace there?:D

tsptalk
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Tom, Need any MODS to help keep the peace there?:D
Right now there are just 2 members - me and James. So yes, we need some moderation before he tears me apart. :D

But seriously, I will for sure. Right now I'm debating if we want unbiased mods or not, but that may be very difficult to do since the chances of someone being on a politics forum who is not biased are very slim.

Buster
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Right now there are just 2 members - me and James. So yes, we need some moderation before he tears me apart. :D

But seriously, I will for sure. Right now I'm debating if we want unbiased mods or not, but that may be very difficult to do since the chances of someone being on a politics forum who is not biased are very slim.
On my Site, we can seperate MODs from the general forum and give certain topic areas selected MODs. They have powers of Moderators only on these selected topics...And since James and the rest of the MODs will continue doing a fine job for you on the general MB, as a suggestion, you should pick at least a couple, one from each side of the isle..Tendency to be unbiased is human nature if given an opportunity to lead from the center.

JimmyJoe
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't know about Tom needing MODS but I need meds. I do take them for my back. They release seratonin and to allow my back muscles to lengthen and have free movement (Alexander Technique). The reason I need to release and lengthen my spine is because I had to deal with many people such as Steady described, pretty much right through life. Each one of them took their turn at making me feel 'small' and crumpeling my back. I lately learned that it was because I was set up from birth to be a receptor to these low lifes (long story). Now I live more guardedly but cannot help but reply to Steady's plight. Hang in there, it get's better, especially after retirement. :D Drop the baggage that hinders growth. Hard to do yes, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

nnuut
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I hope your back feels better JommyJoe, stress (life) will knot you up in little granny knots if you let it.:o
Time for bed.
Norman

nnuut
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
On my Site, we can seperate MODs from the general forum and give certain topic areas selected MODs. They have powers of Moderators only on these selected topics...And since James and the rest of the MODs will continue doing a fine job for you on the general MB, as a suggestion, you should pick at least a couple, one from each side of the isle..Tendency to be unbiased is human nature if given an opportunity to lead from the center.
I'm the 3rd registrant, and ready to go, I think your ideas are good and worth consideration. Good night buster, I had a hard day!:sick:
Norman

tsptalk
05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks Buster. If I understood you, we do a little of that here where mods are only assigned to certains forums.

How come you don't promote your board here, like in your signature etc.?

burrocrat
05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Thank you Tom!

burrocrat
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
So I want to clear the air and I honestly and in all sincerity hope everyone understands.

Sincerely,

Steady

i understand.

grandma
05-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Thank you Tom!

ditto :)

grandma
05-19-2010, 11:15 PM
So I want to clear the air and I honestly and in all sincerity hope everyone understands. Sincerely, Steady

Rest easy, Steady. Slow, assured steps in the Lord... :)

CountryBoy
05-20-2010, 06:50 AM
ditto :)

Tom,

Ditto on Grandma's ditto. :D

CB

FAB1
05-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Im in. lets rumble. Are you going to move the old threads from here to new site or do we start from scratch?

FAB1
05-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Tom will our TSP indenities migrate to Beltway or are we all going to need to register again over there. IS everyone planning to use your same TSP user name if you must register...or are you coming incoginto???

burrocrat
05-20-2010, 07:55 AM
hey FAB1,

i think it is a separate message board, i registered there, i suppose a person could call themselves whatever they like, but i have enough trouble managing my existing personalities so i just went over as burrocrat.

Steadygain
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Tom,
I think it would be better to let the MODs be as open and real as possible when dealing with Political stuff and not have them feel they need to be on guard in their expressions.

None of us can avoid a 'biased' condition with both an ongoing war and all the more with the economy sinking and all. When things are going great 'Peace Time' and 'Roaring Markets' everyone is content.

Politics largely becomes an unavoidable issue when things are bad.

I Believe all of us pretty much want the same thing -- and I'm thrilled with the message the American Population is now sending to Washington. We are all tired of the crap and ready for real change.

I think the most important aspect is dealing with 'specific issues' and taking little bites at a time. So if we're dealing with 'children' for instance; who in my opinion represent total 'innocense' and 'purity' then we should look carefully at who is in place and what specifically is being implemented. I would personally give that the highest priority.

Very few of us are like 'creap o man' (I honestly can't think of his name) or 'FWM' -- who are blantly offensive and wholly determined to stir up trouble. Those kind of people are 'very few' Tom and they are the only ones that make it a mess. We can have different views and still largely respect one another -- but I would bet on most 'specific issues' you'd find we're largely in agreement. If someone joins in trying to shove some rahm down our throats that sound largely anti-American or is attacking an ongoing war (something none of us can change) and acting like 'we are idiots' - or someone is making posts that are wholly meant to offend and antagonize the people at large - That's the kind of thing we could all nip. I'd say the best thing would be have the person make their own thread dealing with 'Their issue' - but don't throw it where it doesn't belong.

Anyway I have no doubt we have an outstanding crowd here and it doesn't have to be hard.

Thanks for your comments everyone -- it's much appreciated.

tsptalk
05-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Im in. lets rumble.
Cool! Sounds like I'll need a lot of mods. :)

Are you going to move the old threads from here to new site or do we start from scratch?
I don't know if that can be done. Sound slike it would be a lot of work to do so I will take the easy way and say, no. I'll just start from scratch. By gones... :)

tsptalk
05-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Tom will our TSP indenities migrate to Beltway or are we all going to need to register again over there. IS everyone planning to use your same TSP user name if you must register...or are you coming incoginto???
You'll have to register over there. You can be FAB1 or change your name.

I actually decided to use "Tom" over there. I debated on whether or not to have an Administrator ID as "beltwaytalk" and a member name, "Tom". This way I could take care of the tech stuff stealth-like, but still be a participating member. I just hope that I don't have to ban myself. :) I haven't decided yet though.

tsptalk
05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Tom,
I think it would be better to let the MODs be as open and real as possible when dealing with Political stuff and not have them feel they need to be on guard in their expressions.
Agree Steady. I try to tell the moderators that they are regular members with some additional permissions. They should be able to speak their mind, as long as they follow the rules like everyone else. They don't really have to be "above" the rest.

Setting the example is good of course, but first and foremost, they are members of a message board, not employees.

FAB1
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the info Tom, I will try to behave. ; )

Hmm...might be fun to come in another ID and see if the other posters can guess WHO you are. First one to guess correctly and you have to come clean. I can fool you all - though someone might get a "lucky guess". : )

Buster
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I changed my name over there to Dennis, in case anyone wasn't already aware of that...:)

Quick Question Tom...I see a couple have avatars..mine seems to be disabled yet..is this the work in progress you spoke of?..no sweat..Just wondering.

tsptalk
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Not sure Dennis, let me check on that...

grandma
05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
was there going to be a LINK to Beltway from our front page?

burrocrat
05-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Hmm...might be fun to come in another ID and see if the other posters can guess WHO you are. First one to guess correctly and you have to come clean. I can fool you all - though someone might get a "lucky guess". : )

i was thinking of changing my name to threebagsfull but i think littlebopeep is still available.

just kidding, we love ewe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfKnhuX630

jane, joan, whatever.

tsptalk
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
was there going to be a LINK to Beltway from our front page?
The link is currently the "Politics" forum below. I will also put one on the home page under Info, Help & Links.

Thanks!

FAB1
05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey Burro. I was thinking a good handle might be Libslayer. Do you feel its too incinidary??

Silverbird
05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
It's an equal opportunity handle, it could mean Liberal OR Libertarian slayer.:p Or if you are a Boomer from the 60's, maybe you don't like Women's lib.:p

In other words, I think that one has too many possible meanings to be a good idea.

Steadygain
05-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I need meds. I do take them for my back. They release seratonin and to allow my back muscles to lengthen and have free movement (Alexander Technique). The reason I need to release and lengthen my spine is because I had to deal with many people such as Steady described, pretty much right through life. Each one of them took their turn at making me feel 'small' and crumpeling my back. I lately learned that it was because I was set up from birth to be a receptor to these low lifes (long story).

I've thought a lot about this post ever since I read it. I aslo had numerous experiences prior to this one. Once I joined the Army and bulked up quite a bit and became 'The Ultimate Fighter' - then to the largest degree I was always ready and it was I who destoyed them. But they were simply assignments - yet I knew why I was sent.

But back to your comment -- I have to believe that you and I displayed immense 'innocence' and the most deeply genuine beautiful things -- and that more than anything else is what made us 'Targets'. As a child I could never understand why anyone would treat a person who deeply lived for love and peace the way things happened. So I would have to think you were a deeply wonderful person and were 'hated' not because you did 'bad things' but totally for the opposite.

If I'm right then I really feel for you and I hope you know I totally relate to that.

Now I live more guardedly but cannot help but reply to Steady's plight.

Sweet friend, I can tell you honestly do have a very sweet nature.

When I left the Army I was totally and completely a killer and that kind of mindset dominated my existence. I was very much a fighter and way more preferred using my body - than using a weapon. I enjoyed controlling energy - moving with power and speed and doing it quickly and silently. So when you talk about being 'guarded' man I was the absolute max.

Went straight from the Army to college and tried to find a place similar to the Bible College -- I went to prior to the Army and do whatever I could to get things right with God and put the Soldier stuff behind me. Hooked up with the 'Purest Woman' that probably ever lived - dated her and married her. I needed someone like her to all the more inspire me and motivate me to keep doing the right things until God's Spirit reigned and the Soldier faded away. But found after all these years it's not something you can 'turn off' so it's more in the background and very dormant -- and I believe God's Spirit has more taken control.

But my 'guards' were much more the walls that surrounded my heart and so many aspects of the pure and innocent life that long ago WERE my existence. I had no idea they were even there. To get to these walls you need to find a love and compassion and a depth and understanding that very few seem to have. I would say you totally need a woman's heart and all the things that deeply make her a woman. If you can honestly 'absord' her existence and pour your existence out for her to absorb -- then she will touch you in ways that finally deal with the walls and allow them to disappear.

Yet through everything I give God the praise and glory because I know in everything I am simply acknowledging His perfect design and the Love and Life God intended.

Hang in there, it get's better, especially after retirement. :D

That's my ultimate GOAL - to have all walls removed and everything healed and restored -- so that through my retirement I can both absorb and give all the richness and wonderful glories GOD deeply desired for me to enjoy and make known to everyone.

Drop the baggage that hinders growth. Hard to do yes, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
I think for me the most amazing aspect -- and actually the most beautiful and fulfilling - is realizing I need something far beyond myself to let this happen. Am finally coming to see how my existence has to ultimately be blended with another so that mutual healing and fulfillment can be achieved.

i understand.

Yeah, I guess with JimmyJoe -- it's too bad you really do understand and I'm sorry for that Burrocrat. It means you've been through some incredibly hard times. What was meant to be beautiful and fulfilling turned out totally different. You have amazing character; are deeply insightful; are incredibly brilliant and have a lot of wit. I've noticed many 'good traits' over the years.

Rest easy, Steady. Slow, assured steps in the Lord... :)

Thank you my darling 'soft touch'. The Lord is absolutely amazing and I am finding Him on deeper and deeper levels. It is largely His Spirit that allows an existence to blend, discover, and fill the voids and come to life. He has brought so many areas that were grayed out - to beautiful vibrant colors over the past year -- that I feel I am very largely just comming to know the LIFE He intended.

Or if you are a Boomer from the 60's, maybe you don't like Women's lib.:p

The 60's is when I totally bloomed to LIFE and Women could NEVER get the Fullest Recognition they deserve -- as far as I'm concerned. They are incredibly 'brilliant' and have far more insights and intution and a natural reasoning --- that is far reaching and loaded with logic and details -- far beyond basically any MAN. They are far better at seeing the 'total picture' and sensing and knowing how others meant to express themselves and the heart of what is going on. They are immensely better 'care givers' and a million times more socially appropriate and outgoing. Sooo Baby Sweets -- I would say the more a Woman is 'liberated' THE BETTER. The more she is free to totally 'be a woman' - the better and richer my life will be.

OK -- that's a wrap -- Goodnight all and have a wonderful weekend

burrocrat
05-21-2010, 11:52 PM
You have amazing character

hey, you aren't one of my old professors are you? i was applying for a job one time and asked if he would be a character reference, sure he said, 'if they call me i'll tell them you're quite a character'.

i didn't get the job.

(true story)

burrocrat
05-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Hey Burro. I was thinking a good handle might be Libslayer. Do you feel its too incinidary??

LibsLayer is not too hot for me, but why would you want to lay libs, i figured if you was going to do something it would be a con? or at least an ex-con, everybody deserves another chance, just don't bet it all on the community chest.

Medic72
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Awesome Tom, i signed up and am ready for some fun :)