PDA

View Full Version : nervous intuition

teknobucks
12-21-2004, 04:37 PM
moving toward more of a g/i mix feel that this market is due acorrection, just to stay healthy.

63% g 7% c 7%s and 23%i ( will add more here to the i over the next three weeks)

*more nervous intuition than anything else. running across a disk with the link to this old tune today ("from 2000") made me this way....LOL

http://www.bobrivers.com/player/player.asp?atype=tunes&ID=769&Speed=4

tekno

merry christmas to everyone!

http://www.riversongs.com/Flas/seasons.html

teknobucks
12-21-2004, 05:08 PM
one other item which scares me is that every stock chat room on da net has become overly bullish.:shock:

market tends to punish the masses when this occurs.

tekno

jmho

teknobucks
12-21-2004, 07:52 PM
also the fact these folks have MAJOR PROBLEMS!:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041222/ap_on_bi_ge/fannie_mae

tsptalk
12-21-2004, 08:49 PM
teknobucks wrote:
one other item which scares me is that every stock chat room on da net has become overly bullish.:shock:

market tends to punish the masses when this occurs.

I agree. I still won't fight the holiday trend but I think we are losing the psychology leg of my three pronged approach. We can still rally on two (monetary and valuation) but I do expect weakness AFTER the holidays.

FundSurfer
12-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Techno, you should get Tom to start you your own account in the member allocations sections. Many of us have two threads there. One to just post moves and one to talk about the moves with others. I also keep a tally once a month to compare how the regulars are doing. I've noticed that you've posted a couple time what your allocation is. It would be easier to track your progress and see where you are currently with your own account.

teknobucks
12-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Spending more time on-line recently due to family illness at home. Will consider the offer…not sure u guys want to follow some of my bone head moves. (lost a small fortune day trading in 2000-2001)

coolhand
12-22-2004, 03:52 PM
teknobucks wrote:
…not sure u guys want to follow some of my bone head moves. (lost a small fortune day trading in 2000-2001)

For some of us I think it is just part of the learning experience. Posting our moves, in my view at least, does not necessarily mean that others are going to follow.But Ibelieve there is something tolearn fromour collectiveexperiences. Ithink it may even sharpen our financial awareness.

Just state up front that you do not advocate anyone mirroringyour moves.

Remember, no one gets it right every time. We respect that ;).

In fact, I'm going to start posting my moves (financial wizard I am not) starting the new year.

tsptalk
12-22-2004, 07:20 PM
teknobucks wrote:
not sure u guys want to follow some of my bone head moves.
Even my intention wasn't to get people to follow me, but rather to get others to see what I'm doing, and hear why I'm doing it. It helps them see the thought process involved in making an allocation. Some follow me, but most just listen and do their own thing, which is great!

smedlap
12-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Well, so did I and lost a friend at the same time. But I'm back and finally very healthy again because I back in the US of A where I can trade vice Europe late hours. Coolhand or Smoothhand, as usual great advice and why we are here with Tom. See any Red Herrings swimming around?????????????????

coolhand
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Smedlap,

Don't know that I've seen anyred herrings lately. However, give me a chance to catch up on a little research over the next couple of days and I'll provide some measure of analysis concerning the "I" fund going into the new year. I don't plan on making any moves until sometime next week, and even then I'm not sure yet.

FundSurfer
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
smedlap, what is it with you and Red Herring?

Tekno, I agree with coolhand, it isn't so much for people to follow your moves as it is for us to see where people are going and why, which way the herd is turning, and yes... separate those who are all talk from those who are doing their homework.

If you look at the member allocations, you'll see several who say they are new and just doing their best.

I will say that I've learned a bunch following the moves of some others. I would have never thought making a bunch of trades every month was a good idea but I have seen some people do it successfully. I've also seen a couple bad days really ruin a good month of day trading.

Just a suggestion.

smedlap
12-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Hi guys. Didn't mean any of you or your posts.You've madegreat contributions. I was referring to Valeri and that autopilot site (?) she is promoting for unknown reasons - her spam or in other words "telemarketing". Happy Holidays. Tom's chart looks very good for C and S outlook.

Rod
12-23-2004, 03:31 AM
FundSurfer wrote:
Techno, you should get Tom to start you your own account in the member allocations sections. Many of us have two threads there. One to just post moves and one to talk about the moves with others. I also keep a tally once a month to compare how the regulars are doing. I've noticed that you've posted a couple time what your allocation is. It would be easier to track your progress and see where you are currently with your own account.
Ditto:^