PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Boomer
05-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Greetings Everyone,

I'm brand new to this site and currently invested in the L fund and thought I was doing the right thing by taking a buy and hold approach. Needless to say I'm missing out and need to be pro-active, but I'm also a nervous because I'm not savy when it comes to investing.

Your thoughts on the premium services would mean a lot or any advice concerning my first step out of the L funds would be much appreciated. I still have everything in the L2030 for the time being but ready to get in the game. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to being a part of this community.

grandma
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Greetings back to you, Boomer!
Have you checked out the information threads in the first forum box on the front page? Be sure you read the Blogs; the latest ones are noted at the bottom of the Message Board page, along with who's checked in, & other information - like whose birthday will be next Week, no, I mean whose birthday is today...
(:)). There are daily blogs and weekend wrap-ups - mostly three or four different writers... All good information.

When folks get back from their Mutha's Day weekend you'll get lots of welcomes. Be sure you respond to each, cuz then you build up your posts & they will send you through the Navy's Equatorial Ritual -
( - just kidding - I don't know where that came from!)

When you use the New Posts button, you will get everything that has come in since your last sign-in.

Anyway, enjoy it - if the guys here get too rowdy for you, you will be the one that gets sent to your room, not US !!! :laugh: So, join in, please....:cool:
When the market gives us a bad time, we tend to get, well, get rowdy.:)

nnuut
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Good advise Grandma, and welcome to you Boomer!
I once had a Pit pull with the same name, he was a winner and I hope you are too. Be careful out there the Market is nnuuts.:D
Norman

Buster
05-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Greets back at you Boomer...you will find more advice and expertise here than you can shake a stick at..

http://www.graphicsdb.com/data/media/573/Boomer_Sooner_Texas_Sucks.gif

James48843
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome Boomer-

You have plenty of time to learn, learn, learn, before you try to swing things around-

Just don't do anything simply because you see someone else doing something. You need to learn enough to make moves because it is in line with your own comfort level.

Yes, there are possibilities to do better than L2030- but let me tell ya- it's HARD to beat that- so don't go running around before you are really comfortable with what COULD be the result of your moves.

Take care- learn a whole bunch, and then spread your wings when you feel ready.

Good luck.

XL-entLady
05-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome!