PDA

View Full Version : Website of an ex-Census employee. (she is upset)

FAB1
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.censusbureaubs.com This site is becoming a quite an item in our locality. Just thot I would share it with my TSP friends. You have to at least admit this gals got spunk getting some digs in against the Agency!!

James48843
05-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Spunk.

Wonder where she'll work next?

tsptalk
05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks! Interesting. But for some reason, it is tough to take people seriously when they write in font sizes larger than 12.

She also doesn't seem overly commited:
http://www.tsptalk.com/images/mb/050710a.gif

Viva_La_Migra
05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Spunk.

Wonder IF she'll work again, given potential employers may view this website and decide not to bother with the trouble she may bring with her.

Viva_La_Migra
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks! Interesting. But for some reason, it is tough to take people seriously when they write in font sizes larger than 12.

She also doesn't seem overly commited:
http://www.tsptalk.com/images/mb/050710a.gif
She did seem to be shouting, didn't she? I can't say I blame her, if her version of the story is the truth.

Selling that site may be her best way to make money in the short term. Gotta pay attorney fees somehow.

FAB1
05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Apparently this lady was assigned to a temp job at a remote site that was rented for some 2010 census projects. What she states on the 'Hacknarth' page are things she would have no direct connection with. That is the general poop on what upper management has been doing for a few years mostly before she ever came to work, and she never had a duty station at the main complex its ten miles from Patrol Rd.

FAB1
05-07-2010, 02:00 PM
The website ettiquite does seem to be lacking but that may be due to limited skill in authoring webpages.

kinepikwa
05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Spunk.

I wonder IF she will be able to work again. She has suffered a major back and shoulder injury. Her doctor has yet to release her back to work. I know, I live with her.

tsptalk
05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Small world. :) I hope she'll be OK.

I ran into someone I know tonight, who was telling me that he'd been working for the census. He seems to enjoy it but I didn't get into it too much with him.

kinepikwa
05-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Since my roommate informed me that she had registered to use this site and responded to someone's comment, I decided I would address all of your concerns myself. It is my site. Yes I am madder than hell. You would be also if you were in my shoes. I went into this on my site but I will go over it again. On November 24, 2009 I left the Census Bureau parking lot and stopped at a major accident. An elderly lady in her early 90's was trapped inside her car in desperate need of help. I seriously injured my left shoulder attempting to gain access inside the car to help her. I was unable to break out the window and in a desperate attempt I jammed my shoulder into the window. What broke was not the window. The lady passed away before more help could arrive. When I returned to work I was placed on light duty because I had no use of my left arm what so ever! Upper Management found out I had exercised a PROTECTED RIGHT and contacted Senator Evan Bayh over some issues with the Bureau. At that point I was ordered to leave my light duty position and lift and palletize 45 pound boxes for 3 hours. I was seriously injured during that 3 hours and have still not been released to return to ANY kind of work. I was also fired while out on an injury the Bureau intentionally caused!!! I have a right to be mad!

tsptalk
05-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow, that is some story. I guess I should have read more on your site. You're a brave woman.

I wish you the best.

(also, a little suggestion... you might want to change the font size on your blog). :)

Viva_La_Migra
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Since my roommate informed me that she had registered to use this site and responded to someone's comment, I decided I would address all of your concerns myself. It is my site. Yes I am madder than hell. You would be also if you were in my shoes. I went into this on my site but I will go over it again. On November 24, 2009 I left the Census Bureau parking lot and stopped at a major accident. An elderly lady in her early 90's was trapped inside her car in desperate need of help. I seriously injured my left shoulder attempting to gain access inside the car to help her. I was unable to break out the window and in a desperate attempt I jammed my shoulder into the window. What broke was not the window. The lady passed away before more help could arrive. When I returned to work I was placed on light duty because I had no use of my left arm what so ever! Upper Management found out I had exercised a PROTECTED RIGHT and contacted Senator Evan Bayh over some issues with the Bureau. At that point I was ordered to leave my light duty position and lift and palletize 45 pound boxes for 3 hours. I was seriously injured during that 3 hours and have still not been released to return to ANY kind of work. I was also fired while out on an injury the Bureau intentionally caused!!! I have a right to be mad!
First and foremost, let me say I hope you completely recover soon.

It sounds like you might have an Office of Special Counsel complaint for whistleblower reprisal regarding your disclosures to the Senator and the Agency's subsequent actions. If you haven't done so already, you might consider obtaining an attorney to assist you with that. You can also contact the Senator and your Congresscritter to conduct an inquiry on your behalf. You may even have an EEO complaint. An attorney, or your union, could help you with the filing of that complaint as well.

If you weren't on duty at the time of your initial injury, you probably aren't covered under OWCP. The Agency may have exacerbated your injury by making you perform work you were not medically cleared to perform. For that reason, you may be qualified for OWCP. Again, your attorney may be able to assist you with that filing.

The thing that will work against you is the fact that you were in a probationary period. Outside of what I already explained, there isn't much that can be done to overturn the Agency's action. Probationary employees can be let go for almost any reason.

Again, I wish you the best of luck and a complete recovery.

FAB1
05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I do believe if you file a complaint with OSC you cant do that and EEO or file a Union greivance. So Pick One as they say...OSC does investagate prohibited personnel practices which do include the EEO violation basis and sole other things like whistleblowing. But from what I have heard getting OSC to take a case is a really slim chance, even their own employees are reporting goings-on at the OSC. Yes hope u get better Terri, I was just kidding about your website authoring skills...you have good reason to be upset with agency. good luck.

Viva_La_Migra
05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I do believe if you file a complaint with OSC you cant do that and EEO or file a Union greivance. So Pick One as they say...OSC does investagate prohibited personnel practices which do include the EEO violation basis and sole other things like whistleblowing. But from what I have heard getting OSC to take a case is a really slim chance, even their own employees are reporting goings-on at the OSC. Yes hope u get better Terri, I was just kidding about your website authoring skills...you have good reason to be upset with agency. good luck.
My point was that there are a few possible ways to address the wrongful termination/reprisal for whistleblowing. The best way to determine which way to go, is for her to hire an attorney.

If I'm not mistaken, in termination cases a complainant is allowed to biforcate the issue and file in more than one venue. If that is the case, she could file an EEO and an OSC complaint. Either way she may be able to file an OWCP claim on the injury.

kinepikwa
05-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I sincerely thank you for your wonderful advice. I would like to first of all thank the person that originally posted the link to my site on this forum. My site takes unbelievable hits to it all day and night. I am truely amazed at the hundreds of hits my site takes daily for a site that is more of local interest. Since my web address was placed on this site, I have received hits from several other countries as well as across the United States.

I have read the suggestions to reconsider the font size on my site, since it appears to indicate that I really have no computer savvy. In all honesty, nothing could be farther from the truth. I created my site on Feb. 18, 2010. I originally created the site using a 12 point font size. I placed a tracker on my site to monitor the hits. I would get a hit from the Jeffersonville Census Bureau once every couple of weeks. The average time they spent on my site was about 10 minutes per visit.

I changed the site around and began increasing the font size everyday to see if it made a difference. An inside tip from someone of authority working for the Census Bureau. The larger the font size, the longer the visits from Jeffersonville Census. Eventually leading to visits from the Census Main Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. Then hits from the Census in Washington D.C. appeared. I have had hits from the US Senate as well as the House of Representatives. Just minutes ago I had a visit from The National Library of Medicine in Germantown, Maryland. That visit originated from following the link on this site. The list goes on and on.

My point to all of this is simple. My doctors have stated I have reached MMI (maximum medical improvement). My back and arm will never get any better. I was awarded 13% total disability for my arm. Federal employees are absolutely not allowed to received a disability for a back injury, so I am awarded zero. The best I could possibly hope for is about $13,000 to $14,000 dollars for a 13 percent disability rating. OWCP accepted my claim and agreed to accept the pre-existing condition of my arm injury.

When you get an attorney involved then there goes 33% plus costs right out the window. That makes it not really worth my time or effort. Not to mention the fact that an attorney would NEVER allow me to go public with a website and all of the information I made public. What fun would there really be in that? I like my way a whole hell of a lot better. Trust me, I have their undivided attention! I'm not fighting to get my job back, I would be a sitting duck. I have several years prior government experience (US Postal) under my belt, I've played the game before.

The more visibility my site gets the easier to get the signatures necessary to force an investigation into the US Census Bureau. I change the information on the site from inside tips from dozens of Census Bureau employees that cannot speak out for fear of losing their jobs. They provide me the proof and I never reveal the source. I get a lot of inside information before the media when something goes on at NPC or Patrol Road. Let's just say I am taking my $13,000 or $14,000 dollars for my 13% out in trade! Bet they wish that had just paid it and made me whole!

nnuut
05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
I sincerely thank you for your wonderful advice. I would like to first of all thank the person that originally posted the link to my site on this forum. My site takes unbelievable hits to it all day and night. I am truely amazed at the hundreds of hits my site takes daily for a site that is more of local interest. Since my web address was placed on this site, I have received hits from several other countries as well as across the United States.

I have read the suggestions to reconsider the font size on my site, since it appears to indicate that I really have no computer savvy. In all honesty, nothing could be farther from the truth. I created my site on Feb. 18, 2010. I originally created the site using a 12 point font size. I placed a tracker on my site to monitor the hits. I would get a hit from the Jeffersonville Census Bureau once every couple of weeks. The average time they spent on my site was about 10 minutes per visit.

I changed the site around and began increasing the font size everyday to see if it made a difference. An inside tip from someone of authority working for the Census Bureau. The larger the font size, the longer the visits from Jeffersonville Census. Eventually leading to visits from the Census Main Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. Then hits from the Census in Washington D.C. appeared. I have had hits from the US Senate as well as the House of Representatives. Just minutes ago I had a visit from The National Library of Medicine in Germantown, Maryland. That visit originated from following the link on this site. The list goes on and on.

My point to all of this is simple. My doctors have stated I have reached MMI (maximum medical improvement). My back and arm will never get any better. I was awarded 13% total disability for my arm. Federal employees are absolutely not allowed to received a disability for a back injury, so I am awarded zero. The best I could possibly hope for is about $13,000 to $14,000 dollars for a 13 percent disability rating. OWCP accepted my claim and agreed to accept the pre-existing condition of my arm injury.

When you get an attorney involved then there goes 33% plus costs right out the window. That makes it not really worth my time or effort. Not to mention the fact that an attorney would NEVER allow me to go public with a website and all of the information I made public. What fun would there really be in that? I like my way a whole hell of a lot better. Trust me, I have their undivided attention! I'm not fighting to get my job back, I would be a sitting duck. I have several years prior government experience (US Postal) under my belt, I've played the game before.

The more visibility my site gets the easier to get the signatures necessary to force an investigation into the US Census Bureau. I change the information on the site from inside tips from dozens of Census Bureau employees that cannot speak out for fear of losing their jobs. They provide me the proof and I never reveal the source. I get a lot of inside information before the media when something goes on at NPC or Patrol Road. Let's just say I am taking my $13,000 or $14,000 dollars for my 13% out in trade! Bet they wish that had just paid it and made me whole!
Could you condense that down to something I could understand? :worried:

FAB1
05-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey nuutt are you that dense? its plain to understand shes is thanking ME for posting her link here on TSPtalk...at least thats what stood out most to me. heh.

FAB1
05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
http://148.129.83.54/204.9.177.195/blogs.census.gov/2010census/ Now if i typed that in correctly it is link to Bob Groves blog hes the census Director at HQ. Maybe you can share your story there as well. good luck!

FAB1
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
My point was that there are a few possible ways to address the wrongful termination/reprisal for whistleblowing. The best way to determine which way to go, is for her to hire an attorney.

If I'm not mistaken, in termination cases a complainant is allowed to biforcate the issue and file in more than one venue. If that is the case, she could file an EEO and an OSC complaint. Either way she may be able to file an OWCP claim on the injury.

Viva you know more words than me (biforcate) so you win. heh.

FAB1
03-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Bump for the continuing saga of one terry holley, crusader in the war against corruption.

AKA...give an angry lady a website...and stand back!!:laugh:

Animations on the site are preety funny check it out. Link on first page.

nnuut
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Man she is PISSED!:cool:

kinepikwa
03-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Thank you guy's very much for the added site boost. Your help is greatly appreciated. If I can ever help you out, just yell. Thank you again!

Terri

Afishegg
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
I hate to break it to you, but I think most government agencies operate like what your website describes......:(

Nepotism,Cronyism, and all other types of "ism's" are the norm in the U.S government... has been and always will be, just a fact of life...Ya know?:rolleyes:

Look at the kennedy's, the Bush's and most all other political power house families. Corruption and favoritism stretches WAAAAaaay back into our history, we have to face the fact that we are just as corrupt as every other government out there.

tsptalk
03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice video. :)

http://www.censusbureaubs.com/

kinepikwa
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
I hate to break it to you, but I think most government agencies operate like what your website describes......:(

Nepotism,Cronyism, and all other types of "ism's" are the norm in the U.S government... has been and always will be, just a fact of life...Ya know?:rolleyes:

Look at the kennedy's, the Bush's and most all other political power house families. Corruption and favoritism stretches WAAAAaaay back into our history, we have to face the fact that we are just as corrupt as every other government out there.

I completely agree with you. I don't mind losing to someone that is corrupt, but smart about it. I just refuse to lose to someone that is corrupt and an idiot!

Terri

kinepikwa
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Nice video. :)

http://www.censusbureaubs.com/

Thank you. I owed Ya'll one. Just a small thank you from me to all of you!

kinepikwa
04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
It amazes me how individuals that have absolutely no clue what is going on, feel the need to add their 2 cents worth. This individual has absolutely NO idea what I was or was not given permission to do! He NEVER worked on my line, nor was he privileged to the conversations between my supervisor and I.

This situation is not now, nor has it ever been about lunches. It is and always has been about the injury that was caused by retaliation over a letter that was written to Senator Bayh.

It's individuals like this that make me thankful everyday I no longer work for the Census Bureau. Not to mention this person is related to an AFGE Union Steward! Imagine that!

kinepikwa
04-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Actually, this is not the appropriate place to be having this discussion, so to TSP Members, I sincerely apologize. But this Azzbestos86 character pissed me off, and by know everyone is aware I don't back down to a challenge!

This individual is talking out of both sides of his mouth!!!! He tells his sob story of how he was written up twice at the Census Bureau, as if he were comparing his situation to mine! Talk about open mouth and insert feet!

I was NEVER, not one time, written up for ANY reason! He was apparently written up twice, that he admits to, during his PROBATIONARY PERIOD! I was written up Zero, Zip, Nada. It NEVER happened! Not for any reason what-so-ever!

Now one would have to assume that if this character was telling the truth, and I created so much disruption within the Bureau, there would be at least 1 (one) official write up to support that fact! One would assume that with all the warnings he claims I was given, there would be at least one official write up in my file! Nothing exists other than memorandums for the record, that were placed in my file after I wrote the letter to the Senator.

SkyPilot
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
What you may not know is that this woman was apparently fired for cause.

Hmmmm.... "apparently" sounds like someone's guess, or someone's aspersions. Your unfounded statements actually tend to add credibility to her claims. As you (by your own "apparently") apparently have no first hand knowledge, your contribution to this thread seems to primarily unfounded gossip.

If you would like to present substantial evidence to support your claims, we will gladly listen.

The fact that your supervisors dealt with you (according to your own words) in such heavy handed and unprofessional manner only tends to corroborate what kinepikwa claims...

Here's a decent search to start your own research...
http://tinyurl.com/3kvbrex

Buster
04-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Open -closed-open..I'm confused:D

Bottom line.. be nice