PDA

View Full Version : The Greek bailout flame-out

Silverbird
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/stephanieflanders/2010/05/the_greek_bailout_flameout.html
Rather alarming (but I think correct) analysis of the EU bailout of Greece and how many dominios could fall next...

Buster
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/stephanieflanders/2010/05/the_greek_bailout_flameout.html
Rather alarming (but I think correct) analysis of the EU bailout of Greece and how many dominios could fall next...

Is that Greek for Dominos?:toung:

http://chuckwarnockblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/dominos.jpg

FAB1
05-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Greeks are SO grateful for 110Billion Euros they are "celebrating" inthe streets dontcha know. some of the festive crowd were chilly so they set a bank on fire..playful folk!

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Greeks are SO grateful for 110Billion Euros they are "celebrating" inthe streets dontcha know. some of the festive crowd were chilly so they set a bank on fire..playful folk!

I agree with what they are doing, except for the violence against other people.

The bailout money is for the banksters. Greece needs to just default.

Frixxxx
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Agreed!:cool:

FAB1
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
viva la revoulution!!! yea default or somethimg jist get your sorry butts of the radar screen and effin up the markets. losing money makes me mad. talking about greece okay?

Frixxxx
05-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Sad that they are killing each other over there....Amazing what happens when the "entitled" start flexing their muscle.....If they put this much effort into destroying things, imagine what they could do if they stopped protesting and started brainstorming on how to not let this happen again to their country.....Stop lashing out, start standing up!:cool: And this means you, too!

Viva_La_Migra
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM

Can't default. The EU hired GE Money to be their collections department.:blink: They'll get harrassing phone calls every five minutes from GE Money if they default!:laugh:

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Can't default. The EU hired GE Money to be their collections department.:blink: They'll get harrassing phone calls every five minutes from GE Money if they default!:laugh:

That is funny but sadly, there's some truth in it.

Viva_La_Migra
05-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Sad that they are killing each other over there....Amazing what happens when the "entitled" start flexing their muscle.....If they put this much effort into destroying things, imagine what they could do if they stopped protesting and started brainstorming on how to not let this happen again to their country.....Stop lashing out, start standing up!:cool: And this means you, too!
This will be our future if BHO has his way and gets his policies through.:(

malyla
05-05-2010, 09:34 AM

What do you mean? Please give specifics on what policies will lead to riots and deaths as seen in Greece.

JTH
05-05-2010, 09:48 AM

What do you mean? Please give specifics on what policies will lead to riots and deaths as seen in Greece.

It's called the constitution, and when you deviate from it, folks tend to get p!ssed off. Greece is a perfect example of what happens when you let a government get bloated and bogged down. I wonder how a country the size of my back yard can magically lose billions of dollars? Check out that guy's package, no he's not happy to see you, in fact he doesn't want you to stare at his package because he's busy stuffing fist full of dollars down his pants. BaHO is a self-entitled hypocrite, no different than the yahoos running Europe into the ground.

Viva_La_Migra
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I started spelling out a detailed dooms day scenario, but I know you liberals would just dismiss it as fiction. I'll put in a few bullet points to give you an idea of where I was going with this thought.

1. Stop expansion of domestic drilling + Cap and Tax = $10.00 per gallon gas.

2. Financial industry reform legislation = unlimited bail out of companies deemed too big to fail and further government ownership of private companies.

3. Value Added Tax is implemented, raising the cost of goods and services over 20%.

4. Small businesses can't make a profit and go under. Unemployment rises to 20%.

5. Amnesty for illegal aliens passes. Illegals no longer need to hide in shadows and do jobs that Americans won't do and start undercutting Americans for better jobs. Unemployment rises to 30% and home foreclosures rise 50%.

6. China refuses to continue lending money to the U.S. in order to pay unemployment benefits, welfare, social security, and medicare. BHO announces that cuts must be made to those programs.

7. With no jobs, no public benefits, no food, no fuel, no homes, and no hope, the people begin rioting in the streets. BHO declares martial law and sends soldiers out to quell the riots.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is not beyond the realm of possibility.

nnuut
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Watch out for Portugal!!!!!:eek:
05/05/2010 - Updated 10:31 AM EThttp://custom.marketwatch.com/1.gifEuropean stocks drop again as banks sinkAutomaker BMW posts quarterly profit; Prudential delays share issuehttp://markets.usatoday.com/1.gifBy Sarah Turner, MarketWatch
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- European shares fell in a volatile session on Wednesday, with banks sliding again as Moody's warning of a possible downgrade to Portugal underlined the uneasiness on the state of sovereign finances for countries on the periphery of the euro zone.
After trading as high as 254.29 earlier in the session, the Stoxx Europe 600 index declined 1.5% to 249.27. That added to a loss of 2.9% made Tuesday, a move that dragged the European benchmark into negative territory for the year.
Banks have taken the brunt of the selling this week as investors continue to fret about exposure to the debt of Greece, Portugal and Spain.
Wednesday's notable bank-sector decliners included Spain's BBVA , down 5.8%, Emporiki Bank of Greece owner Credit Agricole , down 3.5%, Natixis , down 7.5%, and Piraeus Bank, down 7.8%.
"The euro zone is not a born out of economics but out of politics. The decision making is political and doesn't follow market rules. By waiting to deal with the Greece problem, it becomes bigger," said Daan Potjer, fund manager at Aethra Asset Management in Amsterdam.
"For that reason, people are now quite anxious and sentiment is quite negative," he added. [more]
http://markets.usatoday.com/custom/usatoday-com/html-story.asp?markets=INTERNATIONAL&guid=%7BAC7EF879%2D1BB1%2D4829%2D849F%2D5BCCDD566C FC%7D

FAB1
05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
no doubt there is commie/unions behind the violence. never let a good crisis go to waste...urgh. oh no apologies for my spellon cuz Om ppsting with a Dare. too hard to clear and fix thr booboos

Steadygain
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Cupcakes and Kittens (which is everyone here)

This may sound cold and heartless - insensitive and uncaring - but that is NOT the case.

The Greeks need to be 'Broken Down' to nothing and essentially stipped down to the bare neccessarities. If I had the POWER - that is exactly what I would do.

NOBODY - deserves to live the way they have lived and expect the benefits and way of life they have come to expect.

Plain and Simply -- You DO NOT live beyond your means.

So Boo Hoo -- your collective misery means nothing to me

nnuut
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Like I said!!!:worried:
Moody's warns Portugal of possible debt downgrade

Moody's warns of possible Portuguese credit rating downgrade as country raises euro500 billion
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Moodys-warns-Portugal-of-apf-730321990.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=1&asset=&ccode=

FAB1
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey read Athens..I mean ATLAS SHRUGGED. hell yes Bozos policies are heading the US in the same dir. as greece. no its BUSHES FAULT. stay oit the bushes.

malyla
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I started spelling out a detailed dooms day scenario, but I know you liberals would just dismiss it as fiction. I'll put in a few bullet points to give you an idea of where I was going with this thought.

1. Stop expansion of domestic drilling + Cap and Tax = $10.00 per gallon gas.

2. Financial industry reform legislation = unlimited bail out of companies deemed too big to fail and further government ownership of private companies.

3. Value Added Tax is implemented, raising the cost of goods and services over 20%.

4. Small businesses can't make a profit and go under. Unemployment rises to 20%.

5. Amnesty for illegal aliens passes. Illegals no longer need to hide in shadows and do jobs that Americans won't do and start undercutting Americans for better jobs. Unemployment rises to 30% and home foreclosures rise 50%.

6. China refuses to continue lending money to the U.S. in order to pay unemployment benefits, welfare, social security, and medicare. BHO announces that cuts must be made to those programs.

7. With no jobs, no public benefits, no food, no fuel, no homes, and no hope, the people begin rioting in the streets. BHO declares martial law and sends soldiers out to quell the riots.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Wow! Sounds like the basis for a really bad dystopian movie on the syfy channel. I'll just watch Dr. Who instead. There the aliens are always defeated by us simple humans and the Doctor. I have faith due to not one of the dystopian futures predicted have yet come true. :D

JTH
05-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow! Sounds like the basis for a really bad dystopian movie on the syfy channel. I'll just watch Dr. Who instead. There the aliens are always defeated by us simple humans and the Doctor. I have faith due to not one of the dystopian futures predicted have yet come true. :D

Your dismissal of a perfectly plausible scenario shows just how rigid-minded you are.

nnuut
05-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Birchtree
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I really think it's time for rubber bullets.

JTH
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
You ever get into an argument with an emotional women? When you start winning the argument with logic, they start re-directing the argument trying to blame you for something they can prove you did wrong. Well that's what it's like arguing with a Liberal. Only difference being I LOVE WOMEN!!!

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Only difference being I LOVE WOMEN!!!

No, you don't. Tell the truth. You only love sleeping with them. The rest of the time, you try to avoid them by spending time on your hobby or playing sports, like golf.:D

Frixxxx
05-05-2010, 12:43 PM
No, you don't. Tell the truth. You only love sleeping with them. The rest of the time, you try to avoid them by spending time on your hobby or playing sports, like golf.:D
350Z should be given the title "TSP Oracle" for that one!:cool:

JTH
05-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Quit Kok-bloking me...

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Quit Kok-bloking me...

LOL...

Back to the subject, how would Americans feel if we were told by the IMF that our government will have to raise our income taxes so that our government can keep spending like a drunken sailor?

Frixxxx
05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
LOL...

Back to the subject, how would Americans feel if we were told by the IMF that our government will have to raise our income taxes so that our government can keep spending like a drunken sailor?
Exactly like the Greeks:worried:

JTH
05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
LOL...

Honestly, I think we are in more trouble than all of Europe combined, we've just done a better job of pushing it down the road. Everywhere I look, both on the local, state, and federal level, I see examples of our government taking more and giving back less. As a country what do we produce and ship out besides weapons?

Minnow
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Honestly, I think we are in more trouble than all of Europe combined, we've just done a better job of pushing it down the road. Everywhere I look, both on the local, state, and federal level, I see examples of our government taking more and giving back less. As a country what do we produce and ship out besides weapons?

debt.

burrocrat
05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
...that's what it's like arguing with a Liberal. Only difference being I LOVE WOMEN!!!

and women usually will leave you alone after getting only half of your money.

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
debt.

We use to sell a ton of AAA MBS. But now, for some reason, we can't find anybody dumb enough to buy these things.

Oh, wait a second. The US gov/US taxpayers have been buying them up. Whewww. It's all good.:D

Minnow
05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
We use to sell a ton of AAA MBS. But now, for some reason, we can't find anybody dumb enough to buy these things.

Oh, wait a second. The US gov/US taxpayers have been buying them up. Whewww. It's all good.:D

Whew is right. This won't end badly. :worried:

Steadygain
05-05-2010, 01:59 PM

That's largely what did happen. The UAW were just like the Greeks. So 'we' had to tear them down -- force them to give up what they had long come to believe they were entitled to -- the benefits that were far above and beyond the norm.

So it's cool. The only ones that deserve wealth that far exceeds what a person can spend are your TOP Players like the Bank Execs.

Not your everyday run of the mill auto worker. gezzzze

350zCommTech
05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
So it's cool. The only ones that deserve wealth that far exceeds what a person can spend are your TOP Players like the Bank Execs.

Yeah, especially when they're doing god's work.

Steadygain
05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
and women usually will leave you alone after getting only half of your money.

Please burrocrat - I find nothing even remotely amuzing about degrading the deeply priceless and irreplaceable values and characteristics by which women are known.

Money is NOT what they are about -- they are not even remotely wired like us. They think from the 'heart' and are so deep in their emotions and feelings that all we can do is wonder how they so richly and fully have the characteristics that are so far reaching and genuine -- and all the more how they can possibly put up with 'us'.

Even suggesting 'half' of anything would satisfy a woman shows how far off you are. 'HALF' would leave her in misery because she would know the other 'HALF' is missing -- and she would not rest or stop until she had it all. A woman needs everything -- their existence is amazing deep and spreads out forever - and all the more she wants to GIVE everything she has.

Women are GIVERS -- way more than takers -- so Please be careful about making such 'insulting' comments -- for it hugely cuts against all she is known for and all she represents.

A woman does not want to 'leave you alone' - she wants you to discover everything and in such a manner that you are filled and overflowing. Only then can you really see what she is really like. Then with that 'fulness' you can make her complete.

And that concludes today's lesson ........

I need to run over and take care of a few things.

Steadygain
05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, especially when they're doing god's work.

:D:D;)

Viva_La_Migra
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
As I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I'll not bury my head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. If you wish to play the lyre while Rome burns, go right ahead.

burrocrat
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Please burrocrat - I find nothing even remotely amuzing about degrading the deeply priceless and irreplaceable values and characteristics by which women are known.

Money is NOT what they are about -- they are not even remotely wired like us. They think from the 'heart' and are so deep in their emotions and feelings that all we can do is wonder how they so richly and fully have the characteristics that are so far reaching and genuine -- and all the more how they can possibly put up with 'us'.

Even suggesting 'half' of anything would satisfy a woman shows how far off you are. 'HALF' would leave her in misery because she would know the other 'HALF' is missing -- and she would not rest or stop until she had it all. A woman needs everything -- their existence is amazing deep and spreads out forever - and all the more she wants to GIVE everything she has.

Women are GIVERS -- way more than takers -- so Please be careful about making such 'insulting' comments -- for it hugely cuts against all she is known for and all she represents.

A woman does not want to 'leave you alone' - she wants you to discover everything and in such a manner that you are filled and overflowing. Only then can you really see what she is really like. Then with that 'fulness' you can make her complete.

And that concludes today's lesson ........

I need to run over and take care of a few things.

ha, if you're interested, pm me your phone # and i'll pass it along to my ex-wife, she may be able to broaden your perspective.

you might even discover something in common, like riding rollercoasters or something, maybe end up being the yins to each other's yangs.

your mileage may vary.

JTH
05-05-2010, 03:19 PM
ha, if you're interested, pm me your phone # and i'll pass it along to my ex-wife, she may be able to broaden your perspective.

you might even discover something in common, like riding rollercoasters or something, maybe end up being the yins to each other's yangs.

your mileage may vary.

Someone (you know who you are) I just want to thank you for using vivid colors in bold. This makes it so much easier to scroll past your comments when I'm looking for the real substance. Here, I'll post a smily face so everyone can think I'm just joking with you. :)

CountryBoy
05-05-2010, 03:34 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You guys are killing me. I've found the color scheme helps also. :D

Steadygain
05-05-2010, 04:09 PM

I seriously meant 'no offense' and I have 'no doubt' what a very terrible time you had to deal with ~ and perhaps still struggle with because of her.

My Comment -- was directed at 'WOMEN' in general - which your comment implied.

It's like saying 'Blacks are animals' - 'Dems are BAD' - 'Reps are GOOD' These 'blanket' statements of total ignorance are what get to me.

Someone (you know who you are) I just want to thank you for using vivid colors in bold. This makes it so much easier to scroll past your comments when I'm looking for the real substance. Here, I'll post a smily face so everyone can think I'm just joking with you. :)
I could care less what you think of me -- push the 'ignore button'

:laugh::laugh:
You guys are killing me. I've found the color scheme helps also. :D

Talk about being totally blind to the deepest Ignorance; Predjudism; and Hated Imaginable.

At one point I honestly 'believed' you stood for something. In the end I realized that anyone remotely detached from your world of hatred; intollerance; and narrow minded political views is nothing but garbage.

Please feel free to 'push ignore' and also feel free to take your name off my 'Friends List' Russ -- cause anyone on that list has - or is getting 'honorable treatment in the story for Blue'

JTH
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I could care less what you think of me -- push the 'ignore button'

I already do ignore you so what would be the purpose of pressing the button?

Buster
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Breathe...everyone Breathe...:)

http://www.saiyausa.net/files/nyc2009/initiatives/meditation/meditation-poster-hi-res.png

Birchtree
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I think it may be prepuce snapping time to quiet the situation.

burrocrat
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
My Comment -- was directed at 'WOMEN' in general - which your comment implied... These 'blanket' statements of total ignorance are what get to me...

you an me is like two peas in a pod, that's what i was trying to do too, not everyone in any cohort can be that good all the time.

different sides of the same coin, head or tails, call it in the air.

burrocrat
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I think it may be prepuce snapping time to quiet the situation.

what is this prepuce you speak of? i am not understanding.

"Splitting the prepuce to provide two independently vascularised flaps"

Buster
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
what is this prepuce you speak of? i am not understanding.

"Splitting the prepuce to provide two independently vascularised flaps"
Sounds kinda Kinky don't it?:D

CountryBoy
05-06-2010, 05:41 AM
[B][COLOR=#4b0082]Please feel free to 'push ignore' and also feel free to take your name off my 'Friends List' Russ -- cause anyone on that list has - or is getting 'honorable treatment in the story for Blue'

Ricky,

Your name has been gone for quite awhile, so don't flatter yourself. Ever since you began flip floppin all over the place, on your views, and playing head games.

You don't have the fainstist idea what I believe or who I am, you never tried. I gave up long ago trying to explain, because one day you say you understand and the next day the crayons come out and I'm attilla the hun. I don't deal with folks that can't make up their minds, regarding who and what they are and have Sybil like personalities.

And it's Rus with 1 s . :laugh: But you can spell it anyway old way you want. :D

Bullitt
05-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey, anybody want to take a flier on some Greek debt? I just love how the media is trying to downplay this event.

What I heard an expert say- "Look, Greek debt is only the size of Lehman Brothers debt when they went under. On a global scale, and with this much liquidity, we don't expect the effects to be long term".

I wonder if this guy lays awake in wait for the tooth fairy at night. I think it's safe to say that he probably bought something that is getting hammered right now due to Greece, Portugal, Britain and the whole Eurozone being incompetent. Only the size of Lehman debt- yeah, you know, in retrospect, Lehman debt didn't even put a dent in the world markets.:worried:

FAB1
05-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Sounds kinda Kinky don't it?:D

AHEM! On topic pluheez...*sigh* I leave the thread for just a few hours and look what it degenerates into. heh.

burrocrat
05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
hey sex sells, or at least inuendo does, besides without politics we need something to draw folks to the site, this is an ad-revenue site to cover operating costs right? without politics hits go down revenue goes down site goes down?

maybe we could start rationing access to the political forums, unlimited browsing but only one political post per day, and like IFT's no saving them up, use it or lose it.

that should encourage folks to do a little preventative maintenance and choose their words more carefully. but then there would also have to be a limit to how long a post can be, if you can't post 1 thing 10 times then it won't take long for someone to post ten things at once. gotta love the free market, always a solution out there.

or an out there solution.

350zCommTech
05-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Bullitt,

How in the world is the Greek gov going enforce these austerity measures?

Btw,

I wonder if she's Greek.....:D

FAB1
05-06-2010, 08:31 AM
yeah we will call them Pol Credits for every 10 nonpolictial posts u earn 1 Pol Credit allows you 1 poltical post.

Frixxxx
05-06-2010, 08:33 AM
yeah we will call them Pol Credits for every 10 nonpolictial posts u earn 1 Pol Credit allows you 1 poltical post.
That means FWM would never post here....hmmm:nuts:

nnuut
05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Charge $10 a month make it passworded, let them go at it!!:cool:

burrocrat
05-06-2010, 08:52 AM
aahh, capitalism at it's best, 3 plausible solutions offered up almost immediately, each with merit, each based in part on personal effort in exchange for reward.

at the risk of turning this into a political commentary, i will refrain from further posts until it shakes out, i don't want to get the 'news and world affairs' forum shut down too.

whatever the changes coming, whatever the rules end up being, i promise to play by them, barely. it's part of our nature.

CountryBoy
05-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I vote for the cheerleader. :D

FAB1
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
aahh, capitalism at it's best, 3 plausible solutions offered up almost immediately, each with merit, each based in part on personal effort in exchange for reward.

at the risk of turning this into a political commentary, i will refrain from further posts until it shakes out, i don't want to get the 'news and world affairs' forum shut down too.

whatever the changes coming, whatever the rules end up being, i promise to play by them, barely. it's part of our nature.

Waitaminute. I might have been too hasty. the rules need more equality. If you post 10 non-Political posts you are allowed 2 political posts, however if someone else hasnt posted at all in two days needs a Pol Credit those posters with over 5 credits must give one to the poster who didnt post. (hows that sound burrro)

Steadygain
05-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Rus,
The last thing we need is this baby crap stuff.

It sounded to me like 'Women' in general were being degraded - and so I came to their defense.

What I said is exactly how I see women.

I find nothing amuzing about degrading the deeply priceless and irreplaceable values and characteristics by which women are known.

I seriously marvel over the way women are.

Even suggesting 'half' of anything would satisfy a woman shows a lack of understanding. 'HALF' would leave her in misery because she would know the other 'HALF' is missing -- and she would not rest or stop until she had it all. Here I mean the extent that a woman deeply gives her life and the devotion she has to filling the voids in a way that only she can do - so she does have it all.

A woman needs everything -- their existence is amazing deep and spreads out forever - and all the more she wants to GIVE everything she has.

Women are GIVERS -- way more than takers --and to suggest otherwise -- hugely cuts against all she is known for and all she represents.

A woman does not want to 'leave you alone' - she wants you to discover everything and in such a manner that you are filled and overflowing.
This is totally what I believe - and they have proven.

Only then can you really see what she is really like. Then with that 'fulness' you can make her complete.

Your name has been gone for quite awhile, so don't flatter yourself.
I have never reported anyone for anything. You requested friendship with me and I'm not about to write you off as a friend as long as you choose to keep it there.

You don't have the fainstist idea what I believe or who I am, you never tried.
When you are a 'true friend' you would be pretty much impossible to beat. Which is why I described you as I did in the story I'm writting.

Sorry to bother ya man -- whatever

GL with the TSP and stuff.

Steady

350zCommTech
05-06-2010, 10:27 AM
It sounded to me like 'Women' in general were being degraded - and so I came to their defense.

What I said is exactly how I see women.

I think we were all just joking.

JTH
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Last I checked there aren't any women here who need someone to come to their defense. Let's be real here, if anything, this Night & Shinning Armor stuff comes off as creepy and chauvinistic. Let's give women the respect and dignity they deserve by treating them as equals in this forum by knowing they are more than capable of defending themselves, should they feel the need to.

XL-entLady
05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Last I checked there aren't any women here who need someone to come to their defense.
It's okay if Steady puts on his Knight in Shining Armor and saves us, because then we'll just save him right back. ;) Is anyone else here a serious Firefly fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A1k1LrkVag&feature=watch_response

350zCommTech
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Is anyone else here a serious Firefly fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A1k1LrkVag&feature=watch_response

Loved the show. I was very disappointed when it ended.

Wish they would come out with more SCI-FI shows instead of all this reality TV BS.

Steadygain
05-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I think we were all just joking.

Well it's not the first time I was over sensitive and took something too much to heart.

I'm sure you're right man and sorry about going overboard.

Was about the most hectic day I'd had in ages and when I finally did have a chance to come on for a much 'needed break' I wasn't in the right fram of mind.

Thanks 350z - much appreciated

Last I checked there aren't any women here who need someone to come to their defense. Let's be real here, if anything, this Night & Shinning Armor stuff comes off as creepy and chauvinistic. Let's give women the respect and dignity they deserve by treating them as equals in this forum by knowing they are more than capable of defending themselves, should they feel the need to.

Whew !! Man now I see where you're coming from.

Sorry -- you really threw me for a loop - all the more because you and I have such dinquished 'posting styles'.

Well we're cool then man - hell I never thought about it that way.

Man you should have seen the way I use to talk to Birch when he talked about a particular race :embarrest:

Yeah, I see what you're saying - but really didn't mean it that way.

But it's cool cause if I thought someone was doing that I would probably do the same thing you did.

Thanks man -- you really turned it around.

Well back to the Greek Bailout -- When I came to find the details of how the population lived and what all of them came to expect - I'm just totally blown away.

How in the hell could anyone expect that to last ???? :mad::o

XL-entLady
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Loved the show. I was very disappointed when it ended.

Wish they would come out with more SCI-FI shows instead of all this reality TV BS.
+1! I SO agree.

I am a major Browncoat. (For those who aren't Firefly fans, that is like a Trekkie is to Star Trek.) I love the series Castle too, and it's so funny when the writers hide Firefly easter eggs in the Castle shows. I even started watching the series Chuck just because Jayne (Baldwin) is on it.

malyla
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
+1! I SO agree.

I am a major Browncoat. (For those who aren't Firefly fans, that is like a Trekkie is to Star Trek.) I love the series Castle too, and it's so funny when the writers hide Firefly easter eggs in the Castle shows. I even started watching the series Chuck just because Jayne (Baldwin) is on it.

I agree. Loved Firefly. Now Castle is on my must watch list. It was good to see Dollhouse with some Firefly cast as well.

grandma
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Has everyone already heard...big 10% dip today due to "human error".
A trader meant to type "million" but hit "billion" instead on a sell order. :toung:

that actually happened a few years back...Japan? China?
some big bank or company...
- anyway, the young lady was fired.

Show-me
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Still watch FireFly on Hulu. Great show.

FAB1
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
that actually happened a few years back...Japan? China?
some big bank or company...
- anyway, the young lady was fired.

Over here the guy will get a promotion and a big bonus. :sick:

grandma
05-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Over here the guy will get a promotion and a big bonus. :sick:

or The River, if `they' think he might, at some time or other,
confess to having followed orders :blink:

Frixxxx
09-09-2010, 10:35 AM
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4332047/concerns-mount-over-european-debt/?playlist_id=157607#/v/4332047/concerns-mount-over-european-debt/?playlist_id=157607

Apparently no matter who you were, you could get a pension for having four children. At 40, pensions were available to many people....

And they still don't want change...

Wow I could be retired right now.:mad:

Birchtree
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Some figured out long ago that you could do the same thing in this country. Entitlements are the way to go.

nnuut
09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Yep we are headed the same way if we follow Obama's plan, when do I get my money?:D

Frixxxx
09-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Yep we are headed the same way if we follow Obama's plan, when do I get my money?:D
You don't, they're taking it from you!:suspicious: