PDA

View Full Version : Apple I-touch

Handballer
04-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I purchased one the other day but don't know much about using it. I did connect it to my computer and downloaded my music collection and pictures to it.

Any tips you have to share will be appreciated. I will be leaving Sunday night on a trip and hope to learn from you about using the I-Touch.

Thanks,
Ira

JTH
04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I purchased one the other day but don't know much about using it. I did connect it to my computer and downloaded my music collection and pictures to it.

Any tips you have to share will be appreciated. I will be leaving Sunday night on a trip and hope to learn from you about using the I-Touch.

Thanks,
Ira

Cool, here are a few questions I have, if you get the time.

Can you draw on charts within the Stockcharts.com website? It uses flash and/or java, I've heard flash is a no-go, not sure on the java.

Also does it have microsoft's silver light? This is a must have utility for Freestockcharts.com and Netflix users who enjoy streaming media on their computers.

How is the battery time working out for you?

With no usb, does it offer maybe a bluetooth mouse or something simular as an option?

Have you tried some serious (like school work) typing on it?

OBGibby
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Did you get the Touch or the new whiz-bang iPad?

JTH
04-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Did you get the Touch or the new whiz-bang iPad?

Opps, nevermind if it's the I-Touch. Dang they need some new names for all this stuff.

KevinD
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Did you ever figure out your ipod touch? I got one for my birthday and love it. 32GB!

crws
09-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Did you ever figure out your ipod touch? I got one for my birthday and love it. 32GB!

Sweet!

KevinD
09-04-2010, 06:48 AM
I haven't found any hot spots on my route yet. If I leave the WiFi on it really drains the battery fast.

Podcasts in the iTunes store are a bit confusing but I haven't spent much time trying to figure it out yet. I've found it's better to just download the MP3 directly from the author. I like Jim Puplava/Financial Sense, King World News, Power Trading Radio. I get the Motley Fool from iTunes through their podcast.

KevinD
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Introducing the NEW iPod Touch. 9990

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

I've had mine less than a month and they come out with a new one. :rolleyes:

Handballer
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Cool, here are a few questions I have, if you get the time.

Can you draw on charts within the Stockcharts.com website? It uses flash and/or java, I've heard flash is a no-go, not sure on the java.

Also does it have microsoft's silver light? This is a must have utility for Freestockcharts.com and Netflix users who enjoy streaming media on their computers.

How is the battery time working out for you?

With no usb, does it offer maybe a bluetooth mouse or something simular as an option?

Have you tried some serious (like school work) typing on it?

Sorry I don't have any answers. I forfgot all about my post and didn't remember it until I read Kevin's post just now. I haven't picked up my I-pod since I returned from Vegas. Being retired does not leave me with enough free time.

crws
09-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Sorry I don't have any answers. I forfgot all about my post and didn't remember it until I read Kevin's post just now. I haven't picked up my I-pod since I returned from Vegas. Being retired does not leave me with enough free time.

besides the fact your estate is so big, you could forget what you were going for when you finally get to the other end! :D

KevinD
09-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I rented Oliver Stone's 1987 Wall Street from iTunes. I downloaded the movie but my poor computer couldn't play it. iTunes is a resource hog and the iTunes player just adds to the problem. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and task manager shows iTunes and iTunes Player "not responding."

Apple only lets you have the file in one place at a time...either your computer, or another computer or an iDevice (iPod, iPhone, iPad) I ended up moving the movie over to the iPod in order to watch it. I don't recommend watching a 2 hour movie on an iPod.

The rental is good for 30 days but only if you don't start watching the movie. As soon as you start the movie you have 24 hours to finish watching it. After that it disappears. They make composite and component cables so you can connect your iPod directly to the TV but I don't have them yet.

I need a new computer anyway... :rolleyes:

crws
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I rented Oliver Stone's 1987 Wall Street from iTunes. I downloaded the movie but my poor computer couldn't play it. iTunes is a resource hog and the iTunes player just adds to the problem. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and task manager shows iTunes and iTunes Player "not responding."

Apple only lets you have the file in one place at a time...either your computer, or another computer or an iDevice (iPod, iPhone, iPad) I ended up moving the movie over to the iPod in order to watch it. I don't recommend watching a 2 hour movie on an iPod.

The rental is good for 30 days but only if you don't start watching the movie. As soon as you start the movie you have 24 hours to finish watching it. After that it disappears. They make composite and component cables so you can connect your iPod directly to the TV but I don't have them yet.

I need a new computer anyway... :rolleyes:

if you're not up to forking out 500+, you could eBay for a NC610 laptop.
It's a Compaq Evo, 1.7+ ghz, standard USPS issue 2 years ago. Will do everything you need. I got one off Craigslist for $75 and tossed in a 2.0ghz board, bought a new mouse touchpad, and put in a gig of memory for less than $200.
It had XP on it, and I can run multiple high resource apps no problem.
There are aftermarket cards that upgrade the wireless LAN (won't work with WGA2 security, works fine with WEP) into the modem slot, but an aftermarket PCMCIA card works well too.
I got a Linksys draft N for $20 including shipping.

To me Costco still has the best deal going on computer purchases for new items, take it back for any reason within 30 days, full refund or credit for another.

crws
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
correction - N610c