PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Hello,

I have been a federal employee for a little over twelve years and have about twelve more to go. I have been contributing to my TSP since the beginning but haven’t paid much attention to it. Lately, I decided I should get serious and try to make the most and lose the least for the rest of my career. I have been reading the forums and the commentary here and studying and trying to understand charts. It is actually starting to make a little sense.

I have a question for everyone. When an interfund transfer is made, do you change contribution allocations at the time? Basically, do you do both at the same time every time?

I was thinking yes as that is where you would want your new money to go as well.

Thanks

Look forward to learning and making money

Frixxxx
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello,

I have a question for everyone. When an interfund transfer is made, do you change contribution allocations at the time? Basically, do you do both at the same time every time? You don't have to do it...Some people let it go to "G" and then decide how to allocate after it's there!:cool:

Look forward to learning and making money
Me 2....

**Hint** Read the good posts under investments. James will provide a good starting point.

Then if you have time join us in mindless escapades as we debate the little trivial things in life.:laugh:

nnuut
03-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the MB 2022, feel free with the questions we have many knowledgeable members.
Best of luck:D
Norman

03-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Frixxxx;262844] You don't have to do it...Some people let it go to "G" and then decide how to allocate after it's there!:cool:

OK

Me 2....

**Hint** Read the good posts under investments. James will provide a good starting point.

Then if you have time join us in mindless escapades as we debate the little trivial things in life.:laugh:

Sounds good, Thanks

03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Welcome to the MB 2022, feel free with the questions we have many knowledgeable members.
Best of luck:D
Norman

Thanks!

tsptalk
03-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Welcome 2022!

Regarding contribution allocation changes; I would say that if you keep your balance in one allocation for any length of time (more than a month) you probably want to keep the contribution allocation the same as your most recent IFT.

If you tend to make or more IFT's per month, it does not matter as much as your entire balance gets reallocated each time you do an IFT.

03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome 2022!

Regarding contribution allocation changes; I would say that if you keep your balance in one allocation for any length of time (more than a month) you probably want to keep the contribution allocation the same as your most recent IFT.

If you tend to make or more IFT's per month, it does not matter as much as your entire balance gets reallocated each time you do an IFT.

Good info.....

Thanks Tom

JTH
03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Late but never too late to say hi :D

alevin
03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
welcome 2022. You and I share the same timeframe for retiring, altho I started a bit earlier than you. So we'll be talkin', I'm sure. Warning-I'm into cap preservation as much or more than I am growth mode, so I need to do better at growth-on-capital or I'll be here forever.

merlin
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

XL-entLady
03-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the group!:)