PDA

View Full Version : Purging the old information

namor
12-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Tom:

You should seriously look into purging this site every 120 days. It's quite possible a lot of these older posts are causing the website message board to lag terribly.

I wouldn't purge posts about allocation moves, but some of this information/discussion is no longer needed, and is just bogging down the system.

It is getting quite frustrating to try to post on hereof late. I don't know if its people trying to repost when they get the error page or what. I posted to my Vegas Boxer account yesterday at 10:50 am and it didn't show up until the afternoon with a post of 11:08 a.m. I also posted to my account talk, but that post got 'lost in the matrix' and never showed up.

I would seriously try to purge some of this stuff,anything not current, like past week's market talks or something to get the load of the system for current posters.

Just my suggestion. Take it or leave it. I am posting this at 12:30 PM CT

neirbod
12-17-2004, 01:05 PM
I think this is a good idea, if the size of the site is the reason for the recent trouble. I have had trouble posting lately, resulting in double posts. I have noticed many double posts by others in the past week or so, too. I have seen on other sites where the older posts are not deleted, but sent to an archive. That way they are still available, but are not clogging up the message board.

tsptalk
12-17-2004, 01:41 PM
namor wrote:
Tom:

You should seriously look into purging this site every 120 days. It's quite possible a lot of these older posts are causing the website message board to lag terribly.
That's a possbility. I'll look into it. I suspect it's my webhosting company. This message board is actually small compared to others. We don't get more than 20 or 25 folks online at a time and that just isn't that many.

I'm working on it. :%

grandma
12-17-2004, 01:56 PM
That is right - there have been a lot of posts the past couple of months that really didn't have much to do w/educating or sharing information & expertise about the use of our monies in TSP.

I am for it - that is a great idea - - - -

...excepting Happy Birthday's, of course!

Rolo
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
It's not the board itself, this is a small board. It's the hosting company. Tom has a plan to fix it.

jeeperspeepers
12-21-2004, 09:43 AM
I wonder if all the cute little moving icons take up valuable bandwith as well. Maybe we could reduce this type of posting. They are cute but our real reason for reading this site is the educational value of our TSP accounts.