PDA

View Full Version : About the I Fund

03-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Is there a mutual fund out there that tracts the same index as the I fund? The reason I ask is I can see charts on that mutual fund (at morningstar, cnbc etc.) and extrapolate over to the I fund to help me make decisions on when to get in and out.

I specifically would like to see the 10, 25, 50, 100 and 200 day averages of the EAFE as well as the volume. Any help out there?

Your input would be helpful

Joel

tsptalk
03-27-2004, 05:01 PM
We use the symbols EFA or ^EFV (or $EFV depending where you get the quote). Some one recommended www.bigcharts.com (http://www.bigcharts.com) as a good technical charting site.

I hope that answered your question.
Tom

GLENNB
03-26-2006, 10:16 AM
THE I-FUND,PEOPLE WRITE IN THINKING THE MANAGER OWES MONEY ,THEY ARE WRONG,THE I FUND WILL RETURN WHATS POSTED ON THE MSCI WEBSITE,EAFE INDEX,ITS NOT AN I SHARE,THE EAF I SHARE WILL DIFFER FROM THE EAFE INDEX RETURN, CLICK THIS LINK FOR PROPER RETURN DAILY http://www.msci.com/equity/index2.html AND THE FX RATE IS GOING TO AFFECT THE RETURN ,IF THE YEN AND EURO ARE GOING UP ANY GREAT AMOUNTS IT WILL SUBTRACT % FROM RETURN,IF YEN AND EURO ARE GOING DOWN IT WILL ADD% TO DAILY RETURN

Wheels
03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
IF THE YEN AND EURO ARE GOING UP ANY GREAT AMOUNTS IT WILL SUBTRACT % FROM RETURN,IF YEN AND EURO ARE GOING DOWN IT WILL ADD% TO DAILY RETURN

Actually you have it exactly backwards. A falling dollar adds to the I funds return while a rising dollar subtracts from it. You'll find that the details of the I fund are well covered on this site if you read through some of the I fund threads.

Dave
<><

P.S. Consider turning your Caps Lock off. Using all Caps is the same as screaming on most forums.

Gilligan
03-26-2006, 02:24 PM
...THE I FUND WILL RETURN WHATS POSTED ON THE MSCI WEBSITE,EAFE INDEX...

Feb 15, 2006 MSCI eafe USD +0.016% = .01 cent but the I-fund lost .12 cents, a .13 cent difference.

March 15, 2006 MSCI eafe USD +.273% = .05 cents but the I-fund gained .15 cents, a .10 cent difference.

http://www.tsp.gov/faq/faq4.html#sub1
….the change in the I Fund share price reported by the TSP does not (always) match the change reported for the Morgan Stanley EAFE …………This process, known as "fair valuation" or "fair value pricing" occurs when there are large U.S. market or currency movements between the time the foreign markets close and 4:00 p.m. eastern time, when BGI's share prices are determined.

06savefor2012
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I fund rules.

06savefor2012
05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
The I fund is making me so much money, I can not beleive it. It is making me as much as my monthly salary for petes sake! I have made $40,000.00 in the last four months! I am not expecting any pull backs to speak of and plan on going back to 100% in the I fund and let it roll.

Brett
05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Obviously your TSP fund is a little bigger than mine, but I agree, all I see is a big green light! It’s 100% I-fund for me.

Master
05-09-2006, 08:29 PM
He seems to have only 6 years to retirement. We hope that many of us be doing as well or better than that by that time.