PDA

View Full Version : Seeking speaker on TSP allocation for my office

neirbod
12-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi all,

I want to set up a seminar with interested folks in my office to learn about TSP, basic retirement strategies etc. There are a lot of young folks here (30 ish) who I think could benefit from some advice. I was thinking of doing something myself, but it would be much better coming from an expert, not a novice like me.

Anyone have a suggestion on someone in the Washington DC area who could come and talk to my office? I appreciate your input. Thanks!

Dave

Rod
12-16-2004, 08:39 AM
neirbod wrote:
Hi all,

I want to set up a seminar with interested folks in my office to learn about TSP, basic retirement strategies etc. There are a lot of young folks here (30 ish) who I think could benefit from some advice. I was thinking of doing something myself, but it would be much better coming from an expert, not a novice like me.

Anyone have a suggestion on someone in the Washington DC area who could come and talk to my office? I appreciate your input. Thanks!

Dave

mlk_man (Mike)would've been the man for you- I believe he lives in that area. But he's since been banned from the site (NOT for bad investment advice either- just personality conflict). But you can email him. Tell him Rod from TSPTalksent you!;)

God Bless:^

Rod
12-16-2004, 08:41 AM
BTW, I sincerely doubt he will mention this site. So, be sure and plug it yourself.;)

tsptalk
12-16-2004, 08:46 AM
If you want mlk's email adress, email Rod. I don't like the idea of it being posted here. You can post your own if you'd like, but not someone else's.

Thanks!

tsptalk
12-16-2004, 08:50 AM
That was nice of you to say Rod, but for the record, mlk did not know much about TSP and retiring. He had a system that looked at numbers. He rarely added any investment and market insight and he held his system tight. I doubt you'd get anything useful out of him.

There are however several retirement knowledgable folks here. Just look in the retirement planning forum.

Rod, you are a forgiving soul aren't you? :)

Thanks

Rod
12-16-2004, 10:20 AM
tsptalk wrote:
That was nice of you to say Rod, but for the record, mlk did not know much about TSP and retiring. He had a system that looked at numbers. He rarely added any investment and market insight and he held his system tight. I doubt you'd get anything useful out of him.

There are however several retirement knowledgable folks here. Just look in the retirement planning forum.

Thanks
mlk_man's email address is in his profile. That's why I went ahead and posted it.

And yes... I don't hold any grudges. Life's too short.:)

pyriel
12-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Rod wrote:
tsptalk wrote:

Thanks
mlk_man's email address is in his profile. That's why I went ahead and posted it.

And yes... I don't hold any grudges. Life's too short.:)

This is the kind of post I like to see. Disagreeable but yet communicative. :^

Rod
12-17-2004, 01:38 AM
pyriel wrote:
Yes...:)Tom deserves the utmost of ourrespect since he is graciously providing us with this site. That said, we should all remember to show one another that same respect. This isn't about "competition"- who can get the highest return. It's about teamwork-helping each other to achieve the highest return possible.

Once again, thank you Tom.:)

Show-me
12-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Rod wrote:
pyriel wrote:
Yes...:)Tom deserves the utmost of ourrespect since he is graciously providing us with this site. That said, we should all remember to show one another that same respect. This isn't about "competition"- who can get the highest return. It's about teamwork-helping each other to achieve the highest return possible.

Once again, thank you Tom.:)

Well put.:^

neirbod
12-17-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks for your input, everyone. I am really looking for a company that gives seminars on TSP and retirement planning in general. I found one near me in Rockville, MD called the National Institute of Transition Planning:

http://www.nitpinc.com/main/

I checked around, and these guys have a good reputation for contracting out knowledgeable speakers. They are based near DC, but conduct seminars around the country.

I think we'll end up going with these guys sometime in early 2005. I'll post a review after the seminar in case anyone else is interested in this sort of thing.

Dave

tsptalk
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Rod wrote:
That said, we should all remember to show one another that same respect. This isn't about "competition"- who can get the highest return. It's about teamwork-helping each other to achieve the highest return possible.

Bingo!

Rolo
12-18-2004, 08:02 AM
Amen to that.

We can give the 'winner' a cookie.