PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Bluehenge
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I've been reading quite a lot of posts lately as a guest and have been enjoying them so, today I went ahead and registered. I don't have any experience in stocks but, am trying to learn and hope to do some IFT's iff the opportunity arises. My husband is DoD and is eligible to retire. We've put that on hold for right now but, am shooting for July 31st this year. We haven't really self-managed our tsp account until now but, plan on looking for opportunities to grow our savings a little bit as they got hit hard in 2008. Currently we're safely in the G Fund and I hope to get into the market if the prices are good. I probably won't make an account talk which is why I put so much here. Thanks for looking at my post and good luck to you all.

Frixxxx
01-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Welcome and Good Luck,

Read first and post question Later! Look at the "Sticky's"!:cool:

Frixxxx

poolman
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Welcome Bluehenge,

You will want to make your own account talk. Option is if you want to get on the Autotracker. You will also get more help in general being on the tracker. I know I can be more help to people that are on the tracker.

Also to me it's all or nothing if your serious. My opinion.

Thanks and Good luck

Poolman

tsptalk
01-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Welcome Bluehenge! Good luck on the AutoTracker!

FAB1
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Welcome - the way things are going rite now youre gonna get some GOOD prices to buy. Just hope that it doesnt keep tanking... :rolleyes:

nnuut
01-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Welcome Bluehenge, all I can say today is if your out in the "G" stay there until the dust clears this is going to get nasty!
Best of luck:D
Norman

Bluehenge
01-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Thank you for the welcomes and tips. They are all much appreciated. I have set myself up on the Autotracker and been busy reading the stickies and some posts. There is a ton of great information on these forums but how you guys make sense of those charts is beyond me at the moment. I have a lot to learn but, it is comforting to know that I have found a great support base here at tsp talk. I plan on reading as many posts as I can and hope to have a fairly good grasp of things by the time the market gets back on it's feet. Until then I'll be staying in the G Fund.

James48843
01-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Welcome aboard. Lots of nice stuff here. Look around, and you'll find a ton of stuff.

Note- if it were me, I'd consider the L-Income rather than just "G" as a holding fund- only because L-Income also has a tiny exposure to F and stocks. L-Income over the longer haul has done better than G alone, and even it's downside is very limited.
You do what you are comfortable with. Me? I'd look seriously at L-income if I didn't want to risk much. I think it would be a good bet.

Good luck.

nasa1974
01-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Bluehenge,

Welcome aboard. You have been greeted by some very distinctive members so far. Keep an open mind and you will learn a lot. Good Luck.

Show-me
01-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome and best of luck.

merlin
01-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Welcome and good luck.:D

Bluehenge
01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. I will start an account talk soon.

I have added a little comment to your reputation icons.

rawiron1
01-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Shweet, another noob for us to beat on. :toung:

Just kidding.

Welcome to the club.

Jason the Fed

Bluehenge
01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Yikes! :nuts: LOL ...

Thanks for the welcome Rawiron1.

Bluehenge