PDA

View Full Version : Mark Up?

12-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Hello,

I believe yesterday was a mark up day.

Currently 100G

Going 30 C, 50 S tomorrow.

Next day will be 20 I, 30c and 50S.

Can not write a lot today. My flight was delayed coming back.

Have a great day!
Bill

grandma
12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
"Going 30c and 50s tomorrow" - do I interpret that to mean you are leaving 20 in G?

Then Wednesdayfor Thursday you will pull out that 20 & place in I ? Thank you ...

12-14-2004, 09:01 AM
grandma wrote:
"Going 30c and 50s tomorrow" - do I interpret that to mean you are leaving 20 in G?

Then Wednesdayfor Thursday you will pull out that 20 & place in I ? Thank you ...
Oh it kills me to see this..........................:(

12-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I started that on the 13...they will be effective at today's NAVs.

FOMC language was something I wanted to sidestep. Normally the fed does not have a meeting in December and Greenspan was told after the last meeting his service will not be needed after Jan 06 so it could be interesting...not interesting however for me to have money exposed to it. I am shorting the indexes right now so hopefully I am correct because I will win twice today.

You could be fully invested like some folks but I would rather avoid minefields when I can.

Good luck!

MT

Timer
12-14-2004, 07:13 PM
mlk_man wrote:
Oh it kills me to see this..........................:(Don't worry Mike, Grandma has a good head on her shoulders. She's not going down any garden paths, dead ends, blind alleys...

12-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Timer wrote:
mlk_man wrote:
Oh it kills me to see this..........................:(Don't worry Mike, Grandma has a good head on her shoulders. She's not going down any garden paths, dead ends, blind alleys...
Cool..........:)

Oh, I guess today was a mark up day also...........:l

Mike
12-14-2004, 11:41 PM
This minefield has really crapped up my returns this week...

C fund up 17 cents, S fund up 20 cents, I fund up 21 cents. F is up 1 cent, G is flat.

Man, I hate being fully invested during a historically strong period like this. :shock:

12-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Mike wrote:

C fund up 17 cents, S fund up 20 cents, I fund up 21 cents. F is up 1 cent, G is flat.

Man, I hate being fully invested during a historically strong period like this. :shock:
I feel your pain brother ................. looks like no Xmas for the lab rat family this year..........:P

Timer
12-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Mike wrote:

Even the Newbies have crawled out of the G fund and are making money. We're all gonna pay forthis I tell ya! :oo

Mike
12-15-2004, 08:26 AM
I wish the TSP would provide monthly data as to where the investor money is going. At the end of August, about 90% of it was split nearly evenly between G and C with pitiful amounts going into S and I.

We could use a pullback, but I'm not so sure we'll get one this month. I don't see any major economic data coming that could trigger one. The interest rate hike was expected, the commentary by the fed was basically unchanged from the previous hike, and the jobs data has already been released. What else is there outside of an oil price spike (highly unlikely) or a terrorist attack (which would surely trigger a drop in prices whether or not there has been a pullback)?

12-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Great point!

If the social security (disaster) goes through immediately go 100C fund because it looks like through my research the funds offered will be G, C, S and F.

:)If you get in early you will make a ton...wait around 10 months and get the heck out.

MT