PDA

View Full Version : Hi - from Maryland

angel1955
12-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice to see this website - I was going to TSP - I switched to G fund when I saw how much I was loosing - no regrets - I have almost 40 years under CSRS. Not prone to vacations and recently used up leave recuping from a hospital stay (pneumonia, clots & non-smoker) - at this moment while snowed in, (mgmt did not get anyone to clear road) I feel like withdrawing for a months pay (do have savings) and just transfer rest to my CU 401K plan. I just want to make the wisest decision - not out of a frustrated state of mind. As my Dr said "I am use to flying over the mountain, driving around, or digging thru - this one the mountain just won't budge"

tsptalk
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome angel! Nice to have you join us.

JTH
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Indeed, welcome~~!!!

KevinD
01-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Welcome!

dannyboy
01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Nice to see this website - I was going to TSP - I switched to G fund when I saw how much I was loosing - no regrets - I have almost 40 years under CSRS. I feel like withdrawing for a months pay (do have savings) and just transfer rest to my CU 401K plan. Over the mountain, driving around, or digging thru - this one the mountain just won't budge"
I have almost 40 years Welcome (Homie (fellow Md. resident))
the best State in the Union :nuts:,
"I have almost 40 years" - that opens a lot of possibilities? The TSPTALK guru's say, "It is always best to never touch your TSP account money". I know they are usually, right for they will tax 1/3 of that away before you see a dime, (unless you are retired)? I guess if you have other issues it is your call? The interest rate is tempting but contrast that against the tax?
DB

nnuut
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the Message Board angel1955. I just retired with 36.8 years and it's been Great so far. Plenty information here, look around and join it.
Norman:D

grandma
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi Angel1955! If you have posted some other than your first, I have missed seeing them! So - ya gotta talk to us...not necessarily stuff 4,000 other folks don't need to know, but things like questioning some of these gurus, about what they've written, and why. Watch the Tracker, so you can get a glimpse of how choices affect the outcome! :blink: And get on the tracker yourself - there is Nothing Embarrassing (well, :laugh:discounting some MALE entries!) nor any dumb questions here (also discounting repeating the same questions cuz didn't read the info the first time.)
Read this week's Blogs and the Daily Commentaries by Tom (tsptalk.) And then, in order to get your posts up to 10, say hello back to each who have written you today & tell/ask them something about what you read !!!
Use the PM's when you want to keep something a bit more singular - And most of all -
We All Hope your health is well on the way to recovery & into Normal !!!:D
grandma

Silverbird
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome! It's freezing out there, isn't it!! Here's to hoping the weather gets better (I live in Northern Virginia).

wv-girl
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Hello,
I may live in WV but work in Rockville/Bethesda. Hope to see ya more around the mb.