PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate IFT's in the AutoTracker

tsptalk
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Do you know how in your TSP account you may have an interfund transfer set to 100% C, for example, but your contributions might be going into one or more other funds? Then every once in a while you might go back into your TSP account and do another IFT to 100% C to get all of that contribution money that wasn't going into the C fiund, into the C fund?

Well, since the AutoTracker does not deal with contributions, doing a new IFT to 100% C is not necessary. Your account is already 100% C as far as the system is concerned.

I have seen a few members do this, and while the AutoTracker is an amazing program written by "Ocean", being kind of a straight forward program, possibly not expecting the unexpected, I would prefer that these duplicate IFTs be avoided. The data can be a bugger to restore if it gets corrupted.

So, let's avoid duplicate transactions and if you ever make an IFT or any other kind of transaction (whatever that might be) that may not have gone right, or you think you or the program may have done something wrong, please let me know ASAP.

It is so much easier to fix a problem BEFORE I do the nightly updates.

I really would appreciate your cooperation on this. Thanks!!

poolman
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Do you know how in your TSP account you may have an interfund transfer set to 100% C, for example, but your contributions might be going into one or more other funds? Then every once in a while you might go back into your TSP account and do another IFT to 100% C to get all of that contribution money that wasn't going into the C fiund, into the C fund?

Well, since the AutoTracker does not deal with contributions, doing a new IFT to 100% C is not necessary. Your account is already 100% C as far as the system is concerned.

I have seen a few members do this, and while the AutoTracker is an amazing program written by "Ocean", being kind of a straight forward program, possibly not expecting the unexpected, I would prefer that these duplicate IFTs be avoided. The data can be a bugger to restore if it gets corrupted.

So, let's avoid duplicate transactions and if you ever make an IFT or any other kind of transaction (whatever that might be) that may not have gone right, or you think you or the program may have done something wrong, please let me know ASAP.

It is so much easier to fix a problem BEFORE I do the nightly updates.

I really would appreciate your cooperation on this. Thanks!!

I know exactly what your saying Tom, No Problem here

If you want to be exact you need to have your contributions all going to the G fund Bi/Weekly to match the Autotracker exactly.

The Difference of not having all your $$$ going to the G - Fund and your IFT Allotments changes would be a minimal unless it was more than 3 month's since your last IFT..

IMO :)

Boghie
12-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Glad you clarified. This year I have only done it once. But, when I revert to very few trades per year I would have done it monthly or so.

I thought we had to make an entry in the Tracker every month to stay active and in the game!!!

tsptalk
12-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I thought we had to make an entry in the Tracker every month to stay active and in the game!!!
Woops, missed this question...

No, you just have to either login to the tracker (IFT not necessary), or have posted on the board in the last 90 days to stay eligible for prizes.

Guest2
12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for setting me straight. ;)