PDA

View Full Version : Birchtree -- Thread to be Deleted

Steadygain
12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey ya'll I've been here quite awhile and it's been a long time since Birch got 'Banned'

Well now that I know the MB a whole lot better and all the more know Birch so well -- I think this would be the perfect time for the MB in general to plan our own little 'razzing' while we have this opportunity.

SO -- driving home last night I thought if 'WE' - and here I mean everyone of us -- can come up with a 'NAME' to welcome him back with it would be kind of FUN.

HORSE -- was the name I randomly thought of and from that:
Little Horse - Weee hee hee hee
Jockey Man
Horse shoe
Horse man
Stallion
Colt
Blue grass stud
Race horse

so I'm posting this to see if everyone else is willing to try to come up with different names connected to a 'HORSE' --- so when he does come back we can have a huge variety of names to use when we interact with him.

Figured we should do this say for a couple of weeks ---

So is that dumb?? -- or does that sound like something we could all have some fun with ??

WorkFE
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Phillies gluteus maximus :laugh::laugh::laugh:

nnuut
12-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Who started this rumor? I know of no plan to delete Birch's Account Talk Thread, he should be back on Dec. 6th.;)

Steadygain
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
That's a great one !!

You'll probably want to copy & paste it.

I hope everyone understands you will be talking to Birch like you always have --- it's just instead of calling him Birch -- or BT -- or whatever you call him ....

you'll say 'Way to go Horse man' -- and act like that's how you've always interacted :nuts:;)

tsptalk
12-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Steady has been at that rum candy again.

No one will be deleting Birchtree's thread.

Guest2
12-02-2009, 10:15 AM

It must be the EGG NOG ! It's my special blend of herbs and spices that makes the difference.
One flaw ! It gives you an uncontrollable desire to eat Fritos Corn Chips ! :laugh: Happy Holidays All ! ;)

Viva_La_Migra
12-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey ya'll I've been here quite awhile and it's been a long time since Birch got 'Banned'

Well now that I know the MB a whole lot better and all the more know Birch so well -- I think this would be the perfect time for the MB in general to plan our own little 'razzing' while we have this opportunity.

SO -- driving home last night I thought if 'WE' - and here I mean everyone of us -- can come up with a 'NAME' to welcome him back with it would be kind of FUN.

HORSE -- was the name I randomly thought of and from that:
Little Horse - Weee hee hee hee
Jockey Man
Horse shoe
Horse man
Stallion
Colt
Blue grass stud
Race horse

so I'm posting this to see if everyone else is willing to try to come up with different names connected to a 'HORSE' --- so when he does come back we can have a huge variety of names to use when we interact with him.

Figured we should do this say for a couple of weeks ---

So is that dumb?? -- or does that sound like something we could all have some fun with ??
Birchtree got banned??? I didn't know. What did he do to deserve the banishment?

How about Palomino?

FAB1
12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Birchtree got banned??? I didn't know. What did he do to deserve the banishment?

How about Palomino?

Ya, him and McDuck are taking a siesta...some comments in the Tiger woods thread.

I like (Cisco Kid) Pancho's horse:

Loco. :nuts:

fedgolfer
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not one to spread rumors... but I heard that Birchtree is another one of Tiger Woods' side-action squeezes. He has left TSPtalk and will be posting on US Weekly since Tom wouldn't pay him enough for the scoop.

sdouglas3
12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm not one to spread rumors... but I heard that Birchtree is another one of Tiger Woods' side-action squeezes. He has left TSPtalk and will be posting on US Weekly since Tom wouldn't pay him enough for the scoop.

LOL, Maybe Tiger consulted with Birch and it caused Tiger to lessen his values. But now, Tiger and TSPtalk has banned Birch.

Just having fun with all this! :)

Steadygain
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Who started this rumor? I know of no plan to delete Birch's Account Talk Thread, he should be back on Dec. 6th.

Hummmm ..... will explain in a few seconds :p

Tom,
You crazy rascal !!! :toung: apparently I did not explain this very well.

OK -- everyone -- please listen up :rolleyes:

This THREAD has to be 'Deleted' so that Birch has no clue we (if the rest of you go along with it) -- joined together to make this happen.

ALL - I'm saying is 'WE' as the MB can have a little fun with this.

Undoubtedly most of us are anxious to have Birch back and resume our interactions with him.

Soooo --- I'm simply thinking it would be fun if all of us talked to him exactly as we normally would -- but use a different name... just to have a little fun when he first gets back.

Soooooo ---- the name (whatever we call him) needs to be one that can be used in many different ways.... so most of us can keep it on track

but call him something unique....

Horse ..... is simply the first name I thought of ....

and was hoping all you little racoons and possums would go along with it.....

Example
I could use Little Horse
Burocrat uses Weee hee hee hee
Buster uses Jockey Man
Tom uses Horse shoe
Lady uses Horse man
Coolhand uses Stallion
Frixxxx uses Colt
Douglas uses Blue grass stud
Grandma uses Race horse

Anyway -- in my own sick little mind -- I thought the MB could come together and for a few weeks it would all the more be enjoyable to see each other's posts.

Meanwhile -- of course Birch will be thinkin' what the hell :confused:

Viva_La_Migra
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
If one is banned from posting, are they also banned from viewing? Couldn't they lurk even if they are banned from posting?

alevin
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I suppose I could address him as "Man o'War" :nuts:, get into the spirit of things....:toung:

Minnow
12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
If one is banned from posting, are they also banned from viewing? Couldn't they lurk even if they are banned from posting?

I think you're right... maybe one of the mods can answer this. If he can't lurk, I shall call him "Seabiscuit".

Boghie
12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I think we should start calling BirchTree

Ent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ent)

As in Treebeard from Tolkien's talking trees. :D

Maybe Treebeard...

:)

Steadygain
12-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Nevermind --- Everyone !!

Birch is here right now --- damn -- reading everything

I thought 'Banned' meant he couldn't come on for a few days.....

....so was trying to do some fast thinking.

But that little rascal --- is here right now ---

laughing at me .....:);)

WorkFE
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Birch is here right now --- damn -- reading everything

Steady made me call you Phillies gluteus maximus :rolleyes:

sdouglas3
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Birch, did you make Tiger miss his tournamant?

Steadygain
12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I think you're right... maybe one of the mods can answer this. If he can't lurk, I shall call him "Seabiscuit".

Wow thanks everyone !!!! We're doing great !

Maybe Birch can't see this stuff.....

everytime I click on his name he's simply viewing the 'open forums'

and may not be able to read this -- until 12/6/09

Soooo Tom (Mods) --- are we safe on this ???

fedgolfer
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Birch, did you make Tiger miss his tournamant?

from the over-the-top divot on his face, looks like she's a slicer. Hide the knives.

nnuut
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
He's watching so watch your MOUTHS!!:D:laugh::laugh:

Guest2
12-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Birchtree brings balance to the universe. We need balance ! ;)

KevinD
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Maybe we should all use his avatar while he's gone...

burrocrat
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM

I'm with ya kevind, solidarity in support of our friend, i'm thinking of keeping on using it for a bit after he's back unless he asks me to stop.

Now, i don't have a problem with him or anyone else getting banned if that's what the moderators decide, rules are rules, but it's ok to miss his posts and insight while he's fishing. If he doesn't come back soon who is going to single handedly pump up this bull market? Share prices are under pressure already since he been gone.

There have been some good suggestions about additional features like warning icons if a post has been reported, pie hole buttons, etc. I would like to see a 'meter' say on a scale of 1 to 10, a visual indicator of the sensitivity of your post, to let you know the where the line is. Not every post of course, that would be labor prohibitive, but maybe in cases where things are escalating.

I'm an adult and don't think i'll ever be offended by anything someone posts, if i don't like it i'll turn it off or give feedback directly to the author, but i understand the need to be respectful of others. I'm sure i've redlined the meter a few times at about 9.5, i wouldn't say it if i didn't think it mattered, but my judgement has often been found lacking, if you're not making mistakes your not trying or don't care.

My 0.02.

burrocrat
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
If you get banned can you still update your trades in the tracker?

Talk about a severe penalty. Tough choice, either lose money in your retirement fund or lose position on the tracker. No free hat for you potty mouth!

burrocrat
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
birch if you're watching and get dragged in front of the propganda cameras, just blink morse code with your eyes. or make a move in the tracker, the lemmings have jumped on the C bandwagon now, just move a little to S to let us know you are ok, snort.

KevinD
12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm with ya kevind, solidarity in support of our friend, i'm thinking of keeping on using it for a bit after he's back unless he asks me to stop.

I'm glad somebody "gets it"... :rolleyes: :)

Elgallo
12-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm an adult and don't think i'll ever be offended by anything someone posts, if i don't like it i'll turn it off or give feedback directly to the author, but i understand the need to be respectful of others. I'm sure i've redlined the meter a few times at about 9.5, i wouldn't say it if i didn't think it mattered, but my judgement has often been found lacking, if you're not making mistakes your not trying or don't care.

My 0.02.

My sentiments also!

I can only imagen that if we reviewed all the jokes on this board I am sure we could locate one or two which contains a similar type of comment or content that offended a thinner skinned individual. Was that poster banned?

"FREE THE BIRCHTREE"!!!

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 11:37 AM

That's pretty cool man !!! :cool::cool::cool:

I'd thought the same thing -- but decided it's 'too sacred' and felt Birch would probably take it wrong.

That's the only reason why I thought of the 'horse' thing because I knew a bunch of us would want to do something 'unique' to welcome him back.

I still like the idea --- and 'Man of War' -- 'Seabiscuit' and the others I think would go over well.

The Ativar is a great idea -- I just wouldn't take the chance of 'taking something' that's his.

XL-entLady
12-03-2009, 11:42 AM
My sentiments also!

I can only imagen that if we reviewed all the jokes on this board I am sure we could locate one or two which contains a similar type of comment or content that offended a thinner skinned individual. Was that poster banned?

"FREE THE BIRCHTREE"!!!
Okay my friends, before this turns into a lynch mob :toung: I'll try to put in my 2 cents.

This is an MB for people who want to discuss issues regarding their government TSP funds. A lot of folks view the posts during break times at work. So we need to keep things on a professional level. And because we are also a tight-knit group, a family :), we also like to have some fun. Sometimes the posts will cross a line - - a tasteless post that cannot be viewed on a government computer because of language or inappropriate pictures, for example. A moderator will then contact the poster by PM to inform him or her why the post is being changed and to ask for restraint in the future. If there becomes a pattern, then a short time-out is arranged to help the poster remember in the future. There is a little more "rope" given when the posts are in the Lounge area, because there is more of a "let the viewer beware" atmosphere there, but sometimes the members will get enough rope to hang themselves.

We're grownups who don't need to call others inappropriate names. Just because a member was creative in getting around the use of the "n" word, for example, doesn't make the phrase any more acceptable. We should respect folks who are of different ethnic backgrounds or genders or religious beliefs, just to name a few.

Please take this post in the spirit that it is offered. :o

Love,
Mom :D

burrocrat
12-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I like the horse name thing too, but not the suggestion 'weee heee heee heee' that was assigned to me, is Hidalgo taken, maybe i could use that instead?

I don't mean the avatar to be offensive and i don't think he would take it that way, i'll take my chances, mostly out of the market and need a little risk in my life.

Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Talk about a severe penalty!

Here I don't mean to single you out -- but I think you guys are getting a little carried away...:rolleyes:

One Birch is not about to make any trades... you've got to be kidding

Two - it's not like some kind of war against Birch - and he back in a few days anyway. Plus he not the only one to get 'hit'.

I think a lot of you are missing the real picture -- it's not Birch -- it's the SITE in general and that's how it has to be.

There is just some BS we can't put up with and I don't care who it comes from. Overall I doubt anyone has got more recognition than Birch -- from Tom and all the Moderators -- so this is not an 'You and Them' thing.

Peace man -- Birch is cool and just consider this a little vacation

nnuut
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Okay my friends, before this turns into a lynch mob :toung: I'll try to put in my 2 cents.

This is an MB for people who want to discuss issues regarding their government TSP funds. A lot of folks view the posts during break times at work. So we need to keep things on a professional level. And because we are also a tight-knit group, a family :), we also like to have some fun. Sometimes the posts will cross a line - - a tasteless post that cannot be viewed on a government computer because of language or inappropriate pictures, for example. A moderator will then contact the poster by PM to inform him or her why the post is being changed and to ask for restraint in the future. If there becomes a pattern, then a short time-out is arranged to help the poster remember in the future. There is a little more "rope" given when the posts are in the Lounge area, because there is more of a "let the viewer beware" atmosphere there, but sometimes the members will get enough rope to hang themselves.

We're grownups who don't need to call others inappropriate names. Just because a member was creative in getting around the use of the "n" word, for example, doesn't make the phrase any more acceptable. We should respect folks who are of different ethnic backgrounds or genders or religious beliefs, just to name a few.

Please take this post in the spirit that it is offered.

Love,
What SHE said are my thoughts exactly!! Thanks Lady:D

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I like the horse name thing too, but not the suggestion 'weee heee heee heee' that was assigned to me, is Hidalgo taken, maybe i could use that instead?

I don't mean the avatar to be offensive and i don't think he would take it that way, i'll take my chances, mostly out of the market and need a little risk in my life.

Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Oh my dear wonderful friend !!

You had me bursting out laughing ;)

The name I thought of using was 'Little Horse wee hee hee'

I wanted something that would really stand out and Birch knows that's the kind of name I would use.

I was NOT assigning that name for you -- nor any of the others but only put your 'name' as an example.

The reason I used 'your name' is wholly to highlight that you are undoubtly ONE that I know has good feelings for Birch and one that would want to show your support.

I think your intentions are obviously 'wonderful' and he would probably see that immediately.

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 12:02 PM

we are also a tight-knit group, a family :),
we also like to have some fun.

We're grownups who don't need to USE inappropriate names. Just because a member was creative in getting around the use of the "n" word, for example, doesn't make the phrase any more acceptable.

We should respect folks who are of different ethnic backgrounds or genders or religious beliefs, just to name a few.

Please take this post in the spirit that it is offered. :o

Love,

You're the BEST Mom ever !!!

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow !! This is pretty weird :suspicious:

I didn't mean for the 'fireworks' to go out altogether ;)

I could care less about a firecracker or two -- maybe some sparklers and an occasional flare. :D

I just didn't want a bunch of high power explosions going off all at once. :p

Well anyway:

It was a chilly winter morning -- the snow flakes were lightly scattered and falling and you could not only feel the strong winds but all the more you could see both their force and their direction by watching the flakes. It was during one of those moments when you're holding the hood against your face -- trying to make sure it doesn't blow off your head -- with your gloved fist. Your other hand is clutching the front of your coat -- which is already as buttoned and zipped as possible -- but you're using your arm in an effort to ward off the winter's attack. While huntched forward and walking up the path -- that's when it happened.

alevin
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
ooh, Steady's starting another story! Gather round, children.

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
ooh, Steady's starting another story! Gather round, children.

:D:D Wow Alevie, you're something else. ;)

I actually pictured getting out of my chair and heading into the kitchen to get a drink ..... and pictured a bunch of kids looking wide eyed and expectantly......

....and waiting for them... to say 'What'!!! What happened ??

No please -- you know the story way better than me....

and then what happended Alevie ???

SkyPilot
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Solidarity...

Birch, you are mostly entertaining. I appreciate your vow of stability related to the C fund. Come back soon... and your name shall be "Old Paint" :nuts:

sugarandspice
12-03-2009, 04:16 PM
It will not be surprise to him because he is here everyday reading all about it. He just cant post. His megalomania will not let him stay away. He only wishes that all these posts were in his thread to get his numbers higher. "Long live the ignorance" BAAAAAAA! BAAAA!

nnuut
12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Daddy BigBucks!!:D! 7430

Steadygain
12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
It will not be surprise to him because he is here everyday reading all about it. He just cant post. His megalomania will not let him stay away. He only wishes that all these posts were in his thread to get his numbers higher. "Long live the ignorance" BAAAAAAA! BAAAA!

I guess it is kind of 'Strange' ~~ Sugar ~~ and you're one of the very few to say some things that go against the grain and yet have profound 'truths' or 'revelations'.

In many ways perhaps we just choose to turn a blind eye so we don't have to deal with it -- and in other ways we may simply 'give in' because it's easier than trying to change....

Maybe in some ways it is 'ignorance' -- but my guess is it's largely habit and what we're accostumed too -- and probably more the certainty of what we've come to believe.

So I can certainly go along with the megalomania not letting him stay away because no one is more into this place than Birch.

We know for certain that any good day the Markets have -- he will be blaring the horns and making it known. The bad days he'll be talking about all 'the Buys'.

Maybe the greatest element is he comes across 'confident' but not so confident that he acts like a 'know it all and I'm better than you garbage' --'yet he doesn't hesitate to speak his mind'

Who knows?? I think it probably all boils down to 'COMFORT' and there is an undeniable level of 'comfort' Birch provides...and that many others provide as well. That more than likely IS what keeps some so 'popular' and others 'unpopular'.

Anyway -- thanks for the chance to air some thoughts and it's really good having you back Sugar.

Have a good night everyone.

burrocrat
12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
well i count four so far, c'mon folks it don't have to be permanent, just flash it one time, snort.

pretend it's mardi gras and you need a few more beads, no one is going to take your picture, besides they usually pixelate your eyes anyway.

burrocrat
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
"Long live the ignorance" BAAAAAAA! BAAAA!

Since we're family here, and some think we're all sheep, have you any wool? can i be the black one?

baaaaah!

(gone fishing, see you in a week)

grandma
12-04-2009, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE=burrocrat;243434]well i count four so far, c'mon folks it don't have to be permanent, just flash it one time, snort.
QUOTE]

...four what? what are we counting? ......for taking in? for handing out? ??for passing out? What - what??? ! Get oo jail free card from the `need a jail' thread?? ...I might could slip over there & get one, but none of them act like they are anywhere near ready to go shut down & go to bed!

burrocrat
12-04-2009, 12:51 AM
ha, love you grandma,

counting four folks assumed birchtree's avatar, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, although two have already switched, one out of country, the other ?out of mind?.

i'm not second guessing the ban, there is a fine line there, and birch found it.

just having some fun while i'm out of the market, or at least not all in the market.

if we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?

besides i'm laughing WITH you.

Buster
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm in the "Save the Birch" campaigne http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/treehugger-1.gif

fedgolfer
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Birchtree snorted through the AutoTracker. He reallocated 5% from S to C... likes -.2% jobs #, snort. He just can't stay away from this site :)

turbo23dog
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
That's cool... Birchy IFTed more into C. Its good to know he didn't move all to G...

wwwtractor
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I like this avatar for BirchTree:

<Right click> for a lot of bull.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/album.php?albumid=16&pictureid=141

tom1tom1
12-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Birchtree must be getting antsy if he IFTed in the autotracker!

Frixxxx
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I really don't think BT got this kind of attention when he was on the board....Or maybe I'm wrong!

FREE BIRCHTREE!
FREE BIRCHTREE!

ATTICA, ATTICA!

Save the Whales!

BUY AND HOLD!!!

Wait..er nevermind... :)

KevinD
12-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Brutal! :laugh:

Nordic
12-04-2009, 08:35 PM
In honor of his Birchness...

"The monthly PMO (Price Momentum Oscillator) is rising off a very oversold reading (lowest since 1932), and it has crossed up through its 10-month moving average. There are only four other deeply oversold PMO bottoms since 1929, and all were associated with new bull markets. Four data points in 90 years is a thoroughly inadequate statistical base from which to draw conclusions, but, understanding how the PMO works, I think the bull market is likely to continue for at least a year and could easily challenge previous all-time highs. Be advised, however, the positive long-term picture does not eliminate the possibility of substantial corrections along the way, but a smoothly rising monthly PMO presents a solidly positive long-term technical picture." - Carl Swenlin

tsptalk
12-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Talk about a severe penalty. Tough choice, either lose money in your retirement fund or lose position on the tracker. No free hat for you potty mouth!
I'm not sure if anyone responded to this yet, but it seems to have a mixed message.

If the question is, can a banned message member still make transfers on the AutoTracker, the answer is, yes. The two are unrelated.

But, and there's always a but, banning members from the AutoTracker is also at the disgression of the the AutoTracker administrator. It would likely have to be an abuse of the AutoTracker, but we have had some members that would have been taken off of the AutoTracker if they were on it when they were banned from the message board. I don't think anyone here is close to anything like that, but we have had a few bad seeds in the past, that would have been banned from every part of the website.

See? Clear as mud.

Steadygain
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
If the question is, can a banned message member still make transfers on the AutoTracker, the answer is, yes. The two are unrelated.

Not neccessarily -- if you consider Alpha and Theta predominatance along with reverse negative polarity it would largely combine the two into one. The AutoTracker would then equally be 'off limits'.

But, and there's always a but, banning members from the AutoTracker is also at the disgression of the the AutoTracker administrator. It would likely have to be an abuse of the AutoTracker,

Under 'normal circumstances' I would agree... but we never know what 'unexpected changes' can happen from one moment to the next.

but we have had some members that would have been taken off of the AutoTracker if they were on it when they were banned from the message board.

Yet that can only happen when 'such members' have forced you into a total seperation with no lingering treads of contamination attached to the site.

I don't think anyone here is close to anything like that,

Well I think that's a bit 'optimistic' -- but it sends a good Positive Message.

but we have had a few bad seeds in the past, that would have been banned from every part of the website.

Well that's like the ultimate 'stain remover' -- :D:D

Of course none of this stuff really makes any difference now that Schniggle Fritz is back. By 1800 hrs -- 12/20/09 all of this will be forgotten and no one will remember anything.

Birchtree
12-07-2009, 03:49 PM
When a member is banned you can neither post or read other posts on the primary computer. I would have used another computer if it weren't for the fact that I was busy fishing. I did notice that I had over 3,000 views on my thread while I was gone - does that say anything? Long live Black Beauty.

Steadygain
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM
When a member is banned you can neither post or read other posts on the primary computer.

Well that's good to know. But if Tom and the Mods don't delete the Thread it really doesn't make any difference.

Plus it will be at least another couple of years before 'we' have this opportunity again. :p:nuts:

I would have used another computer if it weren't for the fact that I was busy fishing.

I'll PM others then next time -- so expect some really weird s*** to happen when you get back.

Maybe next time we'll connect it with 'Space' and as soon as you get back everyone will be saying things like:

Hey Spaceman -- how do see the Markets? ;)

I did notice that I had over 3,000 views on my thread while I was gone - does that say anything? Long live Black Beauty.

Well I'd say the site 'malfunctioned' then because it should have been more like 30,000

It's good to have ya back Birch - seriously -- it's pretty weird when you're gone. A lot of members and visitors didn't know how to handle it and about 27% required 'in patient' treatment.