PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

coolhand
12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Three years ago I took a course through Jackson Hewittto learn about tax filing and hopefully gain temporary employment. I succeeded on both counts. It's probably too late this year, but if you are interested in learning abouttax preparation, Jackson Hewitt offers annual tax courses that typically begin after Labor Day. Below is a link of FAQ related to their course.

http://www.jacksonhewitt.com/faqs_school.asp

pyriel
12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
coolhand wrote:
Three years ago I took a course through Jackson Hewittto learn about tax filing and hopefully gain temporary employment. I succeeded on both counts. It's probably too late this year, but if you are interested in learning abouttax preparation, Jackson Hewitt offers annual tax courses that typically begin after Labor Day. Below is a link of FAQ related to their course.

http://www.jacksonhewitt.com/faqs_school.asp

Taking the tax course is a life long education. It will never leave you and you will always be aware of it. I took my in 1992 and the basic and fundamental never changed. If anyone is really serious about building wealth, they should take a tax course as soon as possible. Building wealth corresponds with tax literacy.

Pyriel

azanon
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
My tax education consists of the annual Delux version of Quicken (the one with the tax advisor and interviews on tax deductions). Do your taxes and keep yourself up to date with current tax laws with one software package; and then deduct the cost of the software ;-).

I've never come across tax info tidbits that I wasn't already made aware of in Quicken.

Birchtree
06-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Azanon,

Then perhaps you are probably aware of the 5% tax situation dealing with stock dividends and capital gains that are outside of a tax deferral program. Just plain old regular brockerage accounts. You have to do some planning to achieve the results that lead to the 95% tax free situation. And you can even go 0% if you can do the limbo.