PDA

View Full Version : Long-Term Care Insurance

hessian
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe this deserves a separate thread - question is regarding OPM's Long Term Care Insurance (FLTCIP). If so, and there's interest, anyone want to start a separate thread on this??
I had signed up, and now I received yesterday an info package on a new FLTCIP 2.0 Plan - with response due by Dec 14. I got comparison summaries, compaison booklets, and more info than I can understand - absolutely confusing. We now have five different options to choose among - oh what fun! :rolleyes:
To me it all seems a scam for the insurance provider to increase our premiums. Perhaps some new perks, but for me it seems rediculous, and so I'm thinking to stick to 1.0, and NOT agreeing to increasing premiums (inflation be darned!).
Any interest/dilemma with others?

grandma
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Maybe this deserves a separate thread - question is regarding OPM's Long Term Care Insurance (FLTCIP). If so, and there's interest, anyone want to start a separate thread on this??
I had signed up, and now I received yesterday an info package on a new FLTCIP 2.0 Plan - with response due by Dec 14. I got comparison summaries, compaison booklets, and more info than I can understand - absolutely confusing. We now have five different options to choose among - oh what fun! :rolleyes:
To me it all seems a scam for the insurance provider to increase our premiums. Perhaps some new perks, but for me it seems rediculous, and so I'm thinking to stick to 1.0, and NOT agreeing to increasing premiums (inflation be darned!).
Hessian, I joined the FLTCP this summer - as yet I have not had an additional info pkg. If it is confusing to you, I hate to think what it is going to do to my neurons! My selection was mostly based on what monies I could try to manage w/o. I did like being able to do a buffet style of choices. It is hard tho, to second guess what will be needed, or `wished had done.' Still, it all comes down to the checkbook. If there isn't already a thread for FLTC, then, yes, I'm for one!

McDuck
10-19-2009, 11:10 PM

Yes, I am very interested.