PDA

View Full Version : Coming up: Cash in your unused leave for TSP

Show-me
11-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Now that's something I would go to work sick for!

shiftomnimega
06-26-2010, 05:34 AM
I wonder if this will ever hit the Military side of TSP. I have been in the miliary for 15 years and have lost around 30 days. I would love to have been reimbursed for time I couldn't take off. Hell, I would stop burning days of leave just because of use them or lose them if I could cash them in. But like all things this will get approved for civies long before the uniformed member gets it.

-E

I think being able to take terminal leave is better. Then again I've never been in a use or lose.

Frixxxx
06-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I wonder if this will ever hit the Military side of TSP. I have been in the miliary for 15 years and have lost around 30 days. I would love to have been reimbursed for time I couldn't take off. Hell, I would stop burning days of leave just because of use them or lose them if I could cash them in. But like all things this will get approved for civies long before the uniformed member gets it.

-E
Military doesn't pay like the rest of the world. They pay you by position and not by job. You are funded differently on the books.

Two things upset me with your statement on losing leave.

1. You are entitled to that leave. Take it...Even if it is a day here or a day there.
2. Your supervisors aren't looking out for you. Talk with them by utilizing PFW to address your needs and concerns. They will help you schedule time off around those times where it seems they need everybody.

Don't lose what is yours. You fight for our freedoms, so don't feel you are taking something, you are owed your time off!

I served AD, and I know! Be your own advocate and champion. By working things out with your supervisor, you will be better prepared to help those below you when you are the boss!:cool: