PDA

View Full Version : Ticked at TSP.gov

J-Trader
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I needed somewhere to vent my frustration. I wanted to make an IFT yesterday before noon to go 100% stocks. I figured after a selloff that hard that a bounce was nearly a sure thing. Well, as some of you know the website had "technical difficulties" and account transactions were suspended. I was perturbed, now I'm even more so seeing the s&p up 12 pts.

Someone told me (after noon) that I could've called. I've never done that before. Anyway watch, I'll get in today, and the selling will commence tomorrow. :notrust:

peterson82
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
FESTIVUS!

You know what ticks me off? People that hang in the left lane going the speed limit!! Move over, Rover, and let me by!

weatherweenie
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I needed somewhere to vent my frustration. I wanted to make an IFT yesterday before noon to go 100% stocks. I figured after a selloff that hard that a bounce was nearly a sure thing. Well, as some of you know the website had "technical difficulties" and account transactions were suspended. I was perturbed, now I'm even more so seeing the s&p up 12 pts.

Someone told me (after noon) that I could've called. I've never done that before. Anyway watch, I'll get in today, and the selling will commence tomorrow. :notrust:

Same here, I was going to buy the dip, but the dips wouldn't let me in.

FWIW, the phone service was also down yesterday. That is, until after the deadline. How conveeeeeenient. :mad:

Show-me
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
I would have bought the dip too but they screwed us with the 2 IFT BULL!

Steadygain
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I needed somewhere to vent my frustration.

This is a Great place to Post it !! and very good job.

I wanted to make an IFT yesterday before noon to go 100% stocks. :notrust:

Which at this moment in time -- would have been excellent !!!

In light of this discussion we could say:

You were 'double screwed'

Boghie
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM

I would have sold on the dip.
Locked in the losses.

And, am still pissed off :p

I, actually, want to KNOW what the problem was. If this was last October I could have lost two years worth of retirement distributions because of their problem. And, as WeatherWeenie stated, why should the phone service drop the same hours the internet service fails. Swine Flu :nuts:

Hi Steady :)

Steadygain
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
You know what ticks me off? People that hang in the left lane going the speed limit!! Move over, Rover, and let me by!

I can't think of anything during my ordinary daily life that makes me madder than that !!!

All the more when they finally pass the car or truck and then speed up once an opening becomes available,

or once they finally pull over to let me pass :mad:

And, am still pissed off just at the thought of this :(

Hi Steady :)

Me too Boghie and many times I make them pay for it...

... when it's obvious they were driving like 'Turtle Man' just to make me crawl for 5 minutes... and then all of a sudden they're driving at a decent pace ... once I start passing...

I've been known to crawl for awhile to make sure they 'they know' -- don't screw with me punk.

Hi Boghie ;)

Frixxxx
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
:notrust:I wonder if this will be discussed at the next FRTIB meeting....

Oh well, won't know until April 2010.:suspicious:

Or later, depending on how long it takes to post their minutes.

Bullitt
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Even though I only did a simple rebalancing of my allocation, I made my IFT on Tuesday night after hours, effective COB on Wednesday, and it worked for me. That's how I roll though. I never enter orders to buy or sell stocks/ETFs/Mutual Funds during market hours because emotions will always cause one to make a rash decision based on what somebody is saying on Yahoo or even worse, CNBC.

KevinD
10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Even though I only did a simple rebalancing of my allocation, I made my IFT on Tuesday night after hours, effective COB on Wednesday, and it worked for me. That's how I roll though. I never enter orders to buy or sell stocks/ETFs/Mutual Funds during market hours because emotions will always cause one to make a rash decision based on what somebody is saying on Yahoo or even worse, CNBC.

...or TSP Talk. :D

James48843
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Count me in among the ticked off. Wanted to buy yesterday, tried to log in at 11:30, and found it out of service.

Arrrrggggg...

nasa1974
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
weatherweenie, nice to see you posting around the TSP.

As hard as the market has fallen the last couple of days how convenient that both the website and the phone service was out of service. Coincidence???
MMMMMMM!!!!!

Birchtree
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't cry for me Argentina.

Callme_CO
10-29-2009, 08:51 PM
i'm of the mind i will do the minimum in tsp to get the match and max out an IRA for myself and my wife. I have control of the IRA (for now anyways)

burrocrat
10-29-2009, 09:10 PM
i'm of the mind i will do the minimum in tsp to get the match

roger that

tsptalk
10-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Amen. I have a hemi and it doesn't like the speed limit. :)