PDA

View Full Version : Unclaimed bonds back to WW II

grandma
10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
A newspaper article from Helena, Montana: feds in lawsuit over Billions in unclaimed bonds ...showdown between states who say that should have the money & the Treasury Dept claiming ownership. States apparently don't think the Feds are doing enuff to find the owners, Feds respond anyone who wants to look can do so at "a Web site where people can simply type in their SS # to see if they have one." (a bond.) However, the Feds didn't give the website, nor did the reporter ask, I guess (Matt Gouras, The Assoc Press); my computer still not letting me do search
(my son to help when he gets time.)
Have any of you out there heard about this? (My scanner not playing the game, either or I'd show the article!) thanx......

burrocrat
10-26-2009, 05:38 PM
article here:

http://www.businesspundit.com/six-states-sue-treasury-dept-for-unclaimed-bonds/

search here:

http://treasurydirect.gov/indiv/tools/tools_treasuryhunt.htm

interesting story but i looked and nope, no lottery jackpot for me today.

grandma
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
well, bummer, burrocrat! I'm sorry you didn't have anything listed ! Maybe if we tried our parents' numbers?
Strange - the newspaper article I read indicated you could search back to WWII, but on the site you've posted - & thank you very much !) I'd have to have the numbers, amount, etc...
I want a search that tells me something w/o information I don't have !!!:rolleyes:

burrocrat
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
down at the bottom was a search button that let me type in ssn or eid. i thought about trying parents #'s but didn't have them handy.

I also thought about typing in goldman sachs # just to see, they're bound to have a few unused chips lying aroung somewhere at the treasury, but couldn't find that # either.

grandma
10-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I also thought about typing in goldman sachs # just to see, they're bound to have a few unused chips lying aroung somewhere at the treasury, but couldn't find that # either.