PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Nordic
10-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone, I've actually been a daily lurker since 2004 but didn't really discover the MB until earlier this year...so many links, so little time (you know how it is). I've also been watching the tracker and look forward to being on there as soon as I'm eligible (so far I'm sitting at 18% for the year).

I've been a Fed since 2001 and was fortunate enough to accumulate shares in CSI right from the start. By the spring of 2004 I was shocked at how much my account had increased and decided right then that I needed to find strategies on how to manage my account. My first search result was TSPTalk, and I've been a daily reader ever since.

I look forward to learning and contributing to the MB.

Nordic

alevin
10-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome, Nordic! Birchie better watch out or you'll run over him in Tracker.

Nordic
10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks alevin, glad to be here. Birchtree is something, isn't he? I'd be happy just cracking the top 50 this year, that will probably depend on how we time the upcoming correction. I love BT's bullishness, I was a permabull buy and holder myself, until last year's disaster :notrust: Now, I grumble giving up just 2-3%.

James48843
10-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Welcome Aboard Nordic.

Spartans, or Wolverines?

Just curious.

Nordic
10-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Welcome Aboard Nordic.

Spartans, or Wolverines?

Just curious.
Thanks James, Gophers actually...live and work in Michigan, but from Minnesota originally. Yourself?

nnuut
10-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the Message Board Nordic, happy to have you as a Member. The more Members the More imput the better off we are.
Best of luck,:D
Norman

James48843
10-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks James, Gophers actually...live and work in Michigan, but from Minnesota originally. Yourself?

Got one brother and one sister who are Spartans.

One sister, and my wife, are Wolverines.

So, at the thanksgiving table, I always plead the 5th and ask them to pass the gravy. :-)

Nordic
10-25-2009, 09:37 AM
All three teams took it on the chin yesterday, MSU's was a heartbreaker on the last play...might result in punkin pie in the face at the table ;)

tsptalk
10-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi Nordic! Glad you found us - 5 years ago. :D

Thanks for jumping in. Welcome!

Steadygain
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks alevin, glad to be here. Birchtree is something, isn't he? I'd be happy just cracking the top 50 this year, that will probably depend on how we time the upcoming correction. I love BT's bullishness, I was a permabull buy and holder myself, until last year's disaster :notrust: Now, I grumble giving up just 2-3%.

You sound like an ideal fit for this place !!

Thanks for brightening my mood - by making me realize how others out there are a lot like 'us'. Sounds like we have a lot in common.

Welcome my friend -- and I'm trilled ya joined us.

Frixxxx
10-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome nordic,

Sorry you have to work in Michigan. But you know, us Buckeyes would never tak a job in Michigan!!!!!:laugh:

Good Luck investing!!!

Glad you're here!

KevinD
10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome.

Nordic
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
You sound like an ideal fit for this place !!

Thanks for brightening my mood - by making me realize how others out there are a lot like 'us'. Sounds like we have a lot in common.

Welcome my friend -- and I'm trilled ya joined us.

Thanks Steady, I'm glad to be a part of the MB. This site has taught me the majority of what I know about the markets and look forward to learning more from everyone. Now I just need to find a way to catch up to Mr. Birch :rolleyes:

Nordic
10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Welcome nordic,

Sorry you have to work in Michigan. But you know, us Buckeyes would never tak a job in Michigan!!!!!:laugh:

Good Luck investing!!!

Glad you're here!

Thanks for the welcome Frixxxx, and condolences on being a Buckeye! My Gophers got spanked in the Horseshoe this past weekend, grumble :notrust: