PDA

View Full Version : F/U on Mana

12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
If you go to "My Account" there's a tab labeled "mana" and it tells you who gave it to you and I think there's a link to the post. I've also concluded that one's first mana results in receiving 1.5 manas - not sure though.
Must get back to my financial studiesnow.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_3v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN)

12-05-2004, 07:45 AM
FYI I stand corrected > under the Tab in My Account, there is a list of who you gave mana to and there is no link to the posts when mana was given.

12-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Wonderful Women,

What do you have your nose in....with regards to financial studies?

What is a mana?

Take care.

MT

12-05-2004, 04:40 PM
MarketTimer wrote:
Wonderful Women

nice twist! - purposeful?

What do you have your nose in....with regards to financial studies?Not much.... That was a joke known probably only to me. At this point I'd have to say I'm just a leech. I'm learning as much as I can by reading as much as I can in this forum and from the trillion financial sites I have bookmarked. I've been remiss in following up on serious study because I have found it overwhelming and because I am having a lot of fun participating in this forum with the limited knowledge and skill I already have under my belt. I've never been a leech before so I don't think I want to add "leech" to my various attributes. However, there's a first time for everything. I think I'll have to take a sabbatical away from the forum and stop having so much fun in order to apply myself more seriously....... developing.... stay tuned.....

What is a mana? From the Gospel of Tom, BC:
1) I don't know exactly how it works, but basically it rates users based on importance of posts. Like how many posts you make etc. You can also add mana to others by clicking on their mana meter. It tells the system you think this person is someone to listen to or respect etc. Hope that helps! Thanks for joining us. Tom

2) Welcome humboldt!
It was incorparated into this message board software by the programmers as a way to "rate" posters / members. You can add mana by clicking on the mana scale below a member's name. It's a way for others to see who may be a respected poster.

I don't find it very useful myself but it's part of the software and we can use it or ignore I guess. I do try to add mana to others as I see fit. Thanks for joining us! Tom

3) Hi Dakato, You can reward a person on this board with mana if you think that their post was excellent and deserved a merit. You can award mana by clicking on the person's name and a window will open that will allow you to give mana. The mana will turn green. Good luck to you with your fund allocations. Hope you see some green.