PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kennedy

James48843
08-26-2009, 07:45 AM
====================================

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NN3ACenoFWw/SDXpOrK_QHI/AAAAAAAAAsc/iLxeA7ynHas/s400/Ted_Kennedy,_official_photo_portrait.jpg

===================================

February 22, 1932 - August 25, 2009

Minnow
08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/Mary_Jo_Kopechne.jpg/145px-Mary_Jo_Kopechne.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mary_Jo_Kopechne.jpg)

July 26, 1940 - July 18, 1969

tsptalk
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
R.I.P. Ted

Steadygain
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Before this turns into an all out WAR with endless bashing, insults, slander, judgement and condemnation .....

Judge not ... so that Judgement is not passed on you.

Who on this MB is qualified to Judge someone else - that could not 'rightfully and equally' be judged by another. Which one has not made many mistakes throughout their life and which one of you has not in some manner hurt another - caused agony - or in some manner caused 'PAIN' in the lives of others ???

Who on this MB is PURE enough to say they are PERFECT and if you are not PERFECT then whatever Judgement you pass on someone else ..... YOU DESERVE THE SAME JUDGEMENT

Do not Condemn ... so that Condemnation will not fall on you

See message above

Get off your righteous horse - all you who pass judgement and condemn one another. Yes there are undoubtedly mistakes connected with Edward Kennedy - but that in no way takes from the good he strived to do and all the 'good' he did.

Aviator_Guy
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
CNN reporting Senator Ted Kennedy was one of the “Greatest Senators of All Time”… I just think that jury is in session right about now… :cool::cool:

http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/web/20060718-chappaquiddick-edward-m-kennedy-marthas-vineyard-car-crash-dike-bridge-mary-jo-kopechne.shtml (http://www.americanheritage.com/articles/web/20060718-chappaquiddick-edward-m-kennedy-marthas-vineyard-car-crash-dike-bridge-mary-jo-kopechne.shtml)

Birchtree
08-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Hopefully it's not the O.J. Simpson jury.

CapeChem
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
No one is escaping judgment just because they don't judge.

you might want to dismount that horse you are on

mayday
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Even with a bunch of money and a lot of power the Grim Reaper catches you. Death is very Democratic. (Everybody gets one try)
R.I.P. Ted

nnuut
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
He wasn't my favorite guy, but I respect his family and am sorry for their loss.

Birchtree
08-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Every time the media has this corpse on I have to go mute - I prefer not to subject myself to the oratory for a murderer.

Viva_La_Migra
08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Edward Kennedy was a man you either loved to hate, or hated to love. One minute you find yourself celebrating that he got behind you on one issue, then turn around and curse him for his political shortsidedness on another issue. He was the consumate politician and he both helped and hurt this country. Thus ends the modern age of Camelot.

Go mbeannaí an Tiarna thú agus go gcumhdaí sé thú.

Go dtaitní gnúis an Tiarna ort agus go raibh sé caoin leat.

Go nochta an Tiarna a ghnúis duit agus go dtuga sé síocháin duit.

James48843
08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
From the President:

Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy.

For nearly five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well-being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts. His ideas and ideals are stamped on scores of laws and reflected in millions of lives -- in seniors who know new dignity; in families that know new opportunity; in children who know education's promise; and in all who can pursue their dream in an America that is more equal and more just, including me.

In the United States Senate, I can think of no one who engendered greater respect or affection from members of both sides of the aisle. His seriousness of purpose was perpetually matched by humility, warmth and good cheer. He battled passionately on the Senate floor for the causes that he held dear, and yet still maintained warm friendships across party lines. And that's one reason he became not only one of the greatest senators of our time, but one of the most accomplished Americans ever to serve our democracy.

I personally valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I've benefited as President from his encouragement and wisdom. His fight gave us the opportunity we were denied when his brothers John and Robert were taken from us: the blessing of time to say thank you and goodbye.

The outpouring of love, gratitude and fond memories to which we've all borne witness is a testament to the way this singular figure in American history touched so many lives. For America, he was a defender of a dream. For his family, he was a guardian. Our hearts and prayers go out to them today -- to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family.

Today, our country mourns. We say goodbye to a friend and a true leader who challenged us all to live out our noblest values. And we give thanks for his memory, which inspires us still.

Sincerely,

President Barack Obama

Birchtree
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM
He forgot to mention that dead Ted grew up on water and was an excellent swimmer.

Valkyrie
08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
he is the cause of this countries immigration problems. This was done when most of us here were children or not even born yet.

http://frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=20777

In 1965, Ted Kennedy confidently predicted, "No immigrant visa will be issued to a person who is likely to become a public charge." However, political refugees qualify for public assistance upon setting foot on U.S. soil. The exploding Somali refugee population of Lewiston, Maine, (pop. 36,000) is largely welfare-dependent. Likewise, 2,900 of Wausau, Wisconsin's 4,200 Hmong refugees receive public assistance. In all, 21 percent of immigrants receive public assistance, whereas 14 percent of natives do so. Immigrants are 50 percent more likely than natives to live in poverty.

OBGibby
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
No matter how hard they try, the Left will not be able to turn the Kennedy funeral into anything comparable to the farewell our country appropriately gave Ronald Reagan. Kennedy was no Reagan. Apart from a short and unremarkable stint in the US Army (after being expelled from Harvard), he never held a real job.

The idolization of a man more known for drunkeness, manslaughter and nonsensical political ideas is sad. I find it interesting that the Left is worshipping this guy. Pretty much sums up the Left and what they have to offer the country.

CountryBoy
08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
No matter how hard they try, the Left will not be able to turn the Kennedy funeral into anything comparable to the farewell our country appropriately gave Ronald Reagan. Kennedy was no Reagan. Apart from a short and unremarkable stint in the US Army (after being expelled from Harvard), he never held a real job.

The idolization of a man more known for drunkeness, manslaughter and nonsensical political ideas is sad. I find it interesting that the Left is worshipping this guy. Pretty much sums up the Left and what they have to offer the country.

+1, really indicates the type of character these worshipers have.

CB