PDA

View Full Version : Contractors- how your money is spent

James48843
07-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Get a load of this one-

How your money is being spent:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=3014e950a92dbb0f7e066f9e088a301f&tab=core&tabmode=list&cck=1&au=&ck=

No wonder we're in fiscal trouble.

You can't make this stuff up.

The contract is for the Executive Leadership training, for the United States Bureau of Public Debt.

Honest- even if you tried, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Birchtree
07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
There was a time in the seventies when IRS agents were forced to go through sensitivity training - I ran into one that was a real bitch and I told her she could benefit from some sensitivity training and she threatened me like you wouldn't believe. I wrote her a $20K check on the spot.

PessOptimist
07-18-2009, 02:37 PM
So you mean the Taxpayer Bills of Rights of '88, '96 and '98 didn't fix this problem?

All of my dealings with IRS have been like dealing with a bad collection agency, which I suppose is what they actually are.

Perhaps the humor they are talking about is sitting around laughing about putting people on the street or how scared they made a citizen.

The most memorable exchange occurred over withholding on an annuity. The conversation went something like this:

IRS: we need proof there were taxes withheld

me: do you have the 1099R?

IRS: yes

me: does it show an amount in block 4?

IRS: yes but we need proof the money was paid

me: you have the 1099R?

IRS: sir, you are not being cooperative.

me: (ding, ding, warning, warning) so you want me to send another copy of the 1099R?

IRS: yes

me: the copy you have...(ding, ding) OK I'll get it in the mail today.:D