PDA

View Full Version : Reclassifying Position with VA

msymonds
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
My position and many other's GS 7 positions throughout the VA system is being downgraded to a GS 6 position. Currently the union is in the negotiation stage. Guess the next step is REDUCTION in FORCE. Has anyone experienced such a bad rap in their government position?
Mary

wwwtractor
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Did your pay rate change?

http://delicious.com/wwwtractor/VA

msymonds
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for replying. It has not changed at this point but it probably is just a matter of time. THe position was upgraded in 2001, I believe since the added requirements were part of the job. I am very worried since if it happens I would be cut $425 per month. I joined the union last week and will call them today.
Mary

Scout333
06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
My position and many other's GS 7 positions throughout the VA system is being downgraded to a GS 6 position. Currently the union is in the negotiation stage. Guess the next step is REDUCTION in FORCE. Has anyone experienced such a bad rap in their government position?
Mary

We have been hearing rumors of Staffing cuts and grade reductions in our IT division. What some of them are hearing is there will be pay retention for 2 years.:( Real morale buster. More work, less help, lower pay!:(