PDA

View Full Version : Transfer 11/29 for 11/30/04

tsptalk
11-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I am going to readjust that 75% I fund "mistake" I made Friday. It seems to be paying off so far this morning however.

I will initiate an interfund transfer this morning before the deadline going 25% G, 25% C, 25% S and 25% I fund. It will take effect Tuesday.

Rod
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Wow Tom, that's an interesting move.:D

Are the indicators really that unclear???

Bear
11-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Tom,

I normally agree with your logic and transfers. This time I am puzzled. Am I missing something? Why the back off now?

Bear

tsptalk
11-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Back off from what? I'm still 25% G fund which is the plan. If we get a pullback I don't know which fund will be effected most so I'm diversifying a little.

In today's comments I say, " I am pretty cloudy on the short term."

Sorry to confuse you. :(

Mike
11-29-2004, 09:19 AM
He screwed up on his last move (in spite of the fact he's benefitting from it) and he's attempting to reduce his exposure to the I fund, I think.

tsptalk
11-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Yes. And which stockfund will do better over the next few days,I just don't know. So I split it up.

smine
11-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Rod, will you still stick with your 100S plan for Tuesday?

Rod
11-29-2004, 09:28 AM
smine wrote:
Rod, will you still stick with your 100S plan for Tuesday?
I'll move this to my account talk thread. Please go there for my answer.

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forum21/369.html (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forum21/369.html)

smedlap
11-29-2004, 09:59 AM
My two cents. I have posted in the I Fund. I personally believe I fund is the best and one does not need to split. When you split, you take a % gain and one will never realize a full gain. Same can be said for losses but that's why you do research. Stocks are going up. S&P fair value for 31 Dec is at 1225 which means a 3 to 4 % gain from current levels. There will be a short term consolidation as I predict around the 14 Dec FOMC meeting that will impact C and S, then a rebound. That's what I see. There is nobody to thank or blame for success of failure then oneself as we make independent decisions. I think Tom is publishing excellent research for one to study, then make independent decisions. I wish he had done this 5 years ago.

good luck!

Timer
11-29-2004, 12:57 PM
tsptalk wrote:
I am going to readjust that 75% I fund "mistake" I made Friday. It seems to be paying off so far this morning however.

Hi Tom,
How do you mean mistake? I followed you into 25G / 75I. We're doing OK - no? :shock:

Timer
11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Timer wrote:
tsptalk wrote:

Hi Tom,
How do you mean mistake? I followed you into 25G / 75I. We're doing OK - no? :shock:

Oops, I should have read your market comments. I just did. Kinda funny but you landed on your feet - yes? :D

Rod
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, y'all did alright in I today.:^

puertorico
11-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Tom give us a smile-ies becouse you allocation result positive
I-FUND was the best 6 pennys up...:DRod u were right,I dont
care is the IFUND LOOK RED BUT PAYS$$$$$$$$ DIVIDENT...:^

ou81200
11-29-2004, 06:48 PM
The Asian market was awsome today. :)

tsptalk
11-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Rod wrote:
Wow Tom, that's an interesting move.:D

Are the indicators really that unclear???

I know. That's not like me. I expect some weakness, which we saw hints of today, and if we get a pullback the C fund really has less to give up. The dollar has got to make a little bounce sooner or later (even a dead cat bounces when dropped from high up enough) and the S has been the hot but could give up the most on a pullback.. :*

So many considerations. I didn't feel comfortable picking one stock fund.

tsptalk
11-29-2004, 10:00 PM
puertorico wrote:
Tom give us a smile-ies becouse you allocation result positive
I-FUND was the best 6 pennys up
:D- I guess we canget lucky once in a while.

11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I tired to make amove from ther S fund to C fund, but evidently it didn't take, and of course my computer locked up..so I missed the opportunity to buy on the dip. I was thinking of moving from my 50% position in the I, but was led to leave it alone.

Currently 10%-C-, 40% -S, 50%- I.

smedlap
11-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Ah, that bad boy GDP came in higher and is driving the stock market up. One down 2 to go! Anyone want to bet on employment report on Friday being other than up!:^

Think it will be a good day!

Rod
11-30-2004, 08:07 AM
smedlap wrote:
Ah, that bad boy GDP came in higher and is driving the stock market up. One down 2 to go! Anyone want to bet on employment report on Friday being other than up!:^

Think it will be a good day!

It had BETTER be a good day!:^

11-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Greetings! I found this site a few months ago and have been gaining great insight. For the most part I have been followingTom allocations, and realizing great gains. Today I am 100% I fund, cuz the dollar seems to be headed down. Will watch closely to jump to C and S when it looks like we will hit bottom.

Let me see the Green! <><

Rod
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Chaplain wrote:
Greetings! I found this site a few months ago and have been gaining great insight. For the most part I have been followingTom allocations, and realizing great gains. Today I am 100% I fund, cuz the dollar seems to be headed down. Will watch closely to jump to C and S when it looks like we will hit bottom.

Let me see the Green! <><

Welcome Chaplain!:)

God Bless:^

pyriel
11-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Hello Wizards of TSP,

When i do an interfund transfers, is there a fee involve?

After doing the interfund transfer, would my monthly contributionfollow my new fund? Or do I have to change my allocationscontributions?

Please tell me if my strategy is sound. If I foresee that a market correction is about to take place (like in 2001), I will do an interfund transfer from C (where I've always been) to F or G, thus, preserving the higher value of shares from the Cfund. Future contributionwill remain inC fund tobuyshares with a lower value, allowingme to purchase more shares. Once the market starts to pickup, i'll then transfer back from F or G to C.

Am I off the wall or thisstrategy sound? I'll most likely not do this often but only with the big market corrections happening.

11-30-2004, 06:41 PM
pyriel wrote:
Hello Wizards of TSP,

When i do an interfund transfers, is there a fee involve?

After doing the interfund transfer, would my monthly contributionfollow my new fund? Or do I have to change my allocationscontributions?

Please tell me if my strategy is sound. If I foresee that a market correction is about to take place (like in 2001), I will do an interfund transfer from C (where I've always been) to F or G, thus, preserving the higher value of shares from the Cfund. Future contributionwill remain inC fund tobuyshares with a lower value, allowingme to purchase more shares. Once the market starts to pickup, i'll then transfer back from F or G to C.

Am I off the wall or thisstrategy sound? I'll most likely not do this often but only with the big market corrections happening.

Heypyriel, I actually suggest youlook back thruwhat has been said at this site before. Just put in a "key word" in the search engine and you'llbe able to find thingsquicker and easier..

Don't worry about shares, ehFrizz?, I'd rather have 10 shares worth$20each than 20 shares worth $1 each. If your getting out of C because it's goingdown, do you really want your "new" money going into it? PR askedpretty much the same thing some time ago. I said at thetime, and I still do, all my "new" money goesautomatically into G where it is "safe". Once I moveback into G, then it comes with me when I leave it again.

Say for instance you contribute $100 every two weeks into your TSP. You put it automatically into the C fund. The C fund is goingdown, that is why you transfered out of it, it drops 10% in a month or whatever. That$100 is now worth $90 as opposed to atleast being $100 if you had put it in G. If you had put your balance...say $1000 into G when the C was dropping, you'dnow have $1100 to transfer back to C when it comes back up as opposed to $1090 if your contributions were going directly into C.

Does that make sense? Basically, if you're gonna move your account balance out of a fund because it's going down, why put your current contributions into it and lose money on that?

Hope this helps..........

Good luck,

M_M

11-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Oh, BTW, your current contributions don't follow you when you make a transfer unless you move into where they are then move 100% out. Your future contributions will continue to go where you specified unless you put in a seperate request.

smine
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
While we are welcoming new people, we should say hello to bear. He apparently joined yesterday then asked a question:shock:. Welcome, bear.

puertorico
11-30-2004, 07:09 PM
:s

smine
11-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Ditto, PR.....I down 10, S lost 2 and C down 5 even F lost one! Glad I moved mostly to S. Buy low; sell high. When I was doing well I dumped most of it. Greed gets smine losses! I'm still better off than Friday's gains by a small amount. The International funds are open and look mixed. Maybe stick with S and I. Will decide tomorrow.

smine
11-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Correction: I fund down .08.

11-30-2004, 07:37 PM
smine wrote:
Ditto, PR.....I down 10, S lost 2 and C down 5 even F lost one! Glad I moved mostly to S. Buy low; sell high. When I was doing well I dumped most of it. Greed gets smine losses! I'm still better off than Friday's gains by a small amount. The International funds are open and look mixed. Maybe stick with S and I. Will decide tomorrow.
Bear? You mean that cub I saw today? He's such a cute little thing isn't he? Oh wait, where's there a cub, there's a momma bear huh? Cool.........

Smine, you're chasing..............

smine
11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Chasing what? Felt empathy for new member who questioned the move to 4 out of 5 funds.

tsptalk
11-30-2004, 09:04 PM
smine wrote:
While we are welcoming new people, we should say hello to bear. He apparently joined yesterday then asked a question:shock:. Welcome, bear.
Yes!

Welcome bear and Chaplain! Thanks for joining in. :D

Tom