PDA

View Full Version : Options Week Action

tsptalk
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Here a list of the last several options week's action. We're looking at the Thursday before options Friday, through the Tuesday after...

http://www.tsptalk.com/images/temp/options.gif

poolman
02-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Good Info Tom. Thanks

tsptalk
02-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Looks like a typical Monday morning gap and crap. We know gaps get filled and Monday morning gaps are particularly vulnerable. We had a couple of gap down openings lately and they have yet to be filled. I am watching 825 as a potential upside target before the downside resumes.

I saw this on sentimentrader.com this morning:

"If we look at -2% gap opens, we get 40 occurrences. Every single one - except that one from October 6th of last year - ended up getting filled at some point. On average, it took 5 days to fill the gap. 80% of them were closed within 5 trading sessions, though the average drawdown was -3.3% (meaning the S&P lost an additional 3% or so sometime before the gap was closed)."

Gumby
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like a typical Monday morning gap and crap. We know gaps get filled and Monday morning gaps are particularly vulnerable. We had a couple of gap down openings lately and they have yet to be filled. I am watching 825 as a potential upside target before the downside resumes.

Yes, another Monday pump and dump. Looks like the selling may pick up...hopefully not to much.:worried: I would like to see that 825.

Bullitt
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
GE Calls surge.

Almost 600,000 calls traded Tuesday, as hordes of investors, big and small, bought what one trader described as "multiple upside calls in a beta bellwether."

Translation: GE offers a cost-effective way to mimic the performance of the Standard & Poor's 500 index without spending lots of money.
With the stock at about $16, investors bought October and December calls that will increase in value should GE's stock price exceed $17, $18 or $20.

Options trading suggests the worst is over for GE.
http://online.barrons.com/article/SB125305103715913607.html