PDA

View Full Version : World's Healthiest Foods

Show-me
11-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Stumbled of this site. Check out the nutrition on the 4 oz. of calves liver. I don't like liver buuuut will start eating a little every week.

http://www.whfoods.com/

tsptalk
11-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Depressing. I don't eat any of that stuff. I'm glad mlk started this forum. It's an eye opener.

Where's the Devil Dogs?

Show-me
11-23-2004, 12:20 AM
tsptalk wrote:
Depressing. I don't eat any of that stuff. I'm glad mlk started this forum. It's an eye opener.

Where's the Devil Dogs?
I'm slow Tom is that a Marine referance or a food referance? If you try to eat a real Devil Dog they bite back real hard. The real Devil Dogs are doing a tuff job in Iraq. I'm just a old Devil Dog who likes the porch.

Never enough thank for a great site Tom. Now go eat your liver.:P

tsptalk
11-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Drake's Devil Dogs. A little better than liver.Iwonder what came first, the cakes or the Marine reference? :)

11-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Show-me wrote:
Stumbled of this site. Check out the nutrition on the 4 oz. of calves liver. I don't like liver buuuut will start eating a little every week.

http://www.whfoods.com/
Thanks for the site Show-me, very informative. I never really have liked beef liver, but I luvvvvvvvvvvv me some chicken livers. Wonder if they as good for ya...........

Show-me
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
tsptalk wrote:
Drake's Devil Dogs. A little better than liver.Iwonder what came first, the cakes or the Marine reference? :)

Germans in WW I named the Marines "Tufelhunden" in the battle atBelleau Woods because they fought like the dogs of Hell. OoooooRaaaah

StinkyTheGrump
10-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow, thanks for the link. This site has the best list of foods with in-depth nutrition information I have ever seen.

nnuut
10-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I love liver, chicken, pig and duck (pate / foigras) liverwurst, calf liver onions and gravy over rice or here in Boiled Peanut Ga., GRITS, gonna live for ever, but of course I'm nnuuts!:D

grandma
10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I love ) ... calf liver onions and gravy ... :D

This was always a favorite but with fried potatoes -not rice- , as long as the liver & onions were cooked crusty - iron skillet, of course - - - then I discovered the function of the liver while in the body.... Haven't eaten any since !:sick:
What say you, Mike of the Twin Cities??

mailmanusa
10-29-2006, 06:02 AM
Is PBJ sandwich on that list? I eat alot of those. On whole grain of coarse with 1/2 a protien shake to wash it down. Thats my lunch 5/6 days a week. Breakfast is a banana with a multi vitamin and the other 1/2 of the shake. Dinner is whatever is cookin. Im usually pretty hungry by dinner time.