PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a VBA rep in Houston Area

oncken
01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I am also a VA employee. I need a contact in Houston for what are non intrusive questions. The only number anyone gives me is the 1-800-827-1000. Noone wants to help since I am not the vet or the next of kin. I don't want to put anyone on the spot. Once you talk with me you will see what I mean. Please PM me with a good contact number.:cool:

oncken
06-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Really; not one single reply in 6 months. No wonder the VA gets a bad rap. ABSOLUTELY NO COLABORATION!!!!!!!!!! Way to help out the vets guys.

msymonds
06-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi
You look under Texas Veteran Commission-
It looks like Winward G. - "Win" Bradshaw
PO Box 781
105 Rolling Hills Dr
Crockett, TX. 75835
936-544-3255 ex 252
Courthouse- Mon-Wed. 8-4

Good Luck
Mary

tsptalk
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Really; not one single reply in 6 months. No wonder the VA gets a bad rap. ABSOLUTELY NO COLABORATION!!!!!!!!!! Way to help out the vets guys.
I don't know if it would have mattered, but you may have gotten a better response if you had put this in the Military subforum instead of the Federal Employees subforum. I hope Mary's reply above helped.

oncken
06-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank both of you for replying. Mary thank you, but I need a VA employee not a service organization. They are very helpful, but do not have access to the info I am looking for. I have a DAV, American Legion and Texas Veterans Comission office not 20 yards from my door. All have been helpful and easy to deal with; unfortunately I cannot say the same thing for the VBA office right next to them.

As for the military post, the VA is not affiliated with the DoD. Although veterans are served, there is even less collaboration between these two agencies than there is inside the VA. I do appreciate the suggestion though.