PDA

View Full Version : It has started...

McDuck
01-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Obama-inspired hope fades in Kenya (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-obama-hope31-2008dec31,0,6422632.story)

Tankrat37
01-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Real democracy hasn't started until the 20th.

Silverbird
01-01-2009, 10:08 AM
This challenge is not to the US and Obama. It is to Kenya.
Actually, its refreshing to be held up as an example of what is possible.

PessOptimist
01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Real democracy hasn't started until the 20th.

So what does that mean?

James48843
01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
So what does that mean?

Answer: 18 more days..... http://backwardsbush.com/

McDuck
01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Answer: 18 more days..... http://backwardsbush.com/

I think I still have my Bill Clinton wrist watch. I'm sure it needs a new battery.

PessOptimist
01-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Based on the proposed "civilian national security force", which shirt do you think looks better, brown or black?

Seriously (I hope) the nation will continue to exist as we know it and head in the same direction as it always has and continue to exist with all it's flaws. It is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic.

Dave

XL-entLady
01-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Seriously (I hope) the nation will continue to exist as we know it and head in the same direction as it always has and continue to exist with all it's flaws. It is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic.

And it's a much better place than it was when "all men are created equal" meant all free white male landowners. JMHO. :) And maybe our new President's opinion too. ;)

Lady

James48843
01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Based on the proposed "civilian national security force", which shirt do you think looks better, brown or black?

Dave

Interesting that you should bring up the 'Civilian National Security Force".

Here is a place to read more about it, and an excerpt of the plan:

From "The American Thinker..."

Except of Obama Speech, July 2, 2008 in Colorado Springs:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." (emphasis added)
The immediate context for that amazing statement was a preview of parts of his plan to vastly expand community service opportunities for Americans of nearly all ages. He said,
"People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve."
The range of his community service initiatives was outlined in an earlier American Thinker article (http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/04/barack_obama_the_community_org.html). In his campaign document (http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf) entitled "The Blueprint for Change: Barack Obama's Plan For America," Obama's "Service" section runs a close second to "Education" in complexity. But, with his Colorado Springs' statement, it grabbed first place in its projected costs to taxpayers. Obama did the cost projection himself.

He plans to double the Peace Corps' budget by 2011, and expand AmeriCorps, USA Freedom Corps, VISTA, YouthBuild Program, and the Senior Corps. Plus, he proposes to form a Classroom Corps, Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, Veterans Corps, Homeland Security Corps, Global Energy Corps, and a Green Jobs Corps. Here a corps - there a corps - everywhere a corps corps.

So it made sense in Colorado Springs when he said his call to community service "will be a central cause of my presidency." He couldn't be clearer in signaling his intentions, including a Social Investment Fund Network to link local non-profits with the federal government.

The entire plan is breathtaking in its scope. But it does not, as at least one internet writer (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=69601) has suggested, portend a "giant police force." It would be easier to rebut if it did. As it is, it's silly stuff born of naively fanciful dreams."

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_civilian_national_secur.html

PessOptimist
01-01-2009, 11:40 PM
And it's a much better place than it was when "all men are created equal" meant all free white male landowners. JMHO. :) And maybe our new President's opinion too. ;)

Lady

Oh Lady, are you suggesting that we males start questioning our founding fathers?:)

RunningFool
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM

This will solve all our national problems. Everyone becomes a Federal employee. No unemployment, no health care crisis, and with everyone in TSP the stock market takes off like a rocket. Crank up the printing presses, we are going to need a lot of that green stuff to pay all these folks.:D

Show-me
01-02-2009, 05:42 AM

Lady

I do not agree with the original limitations of white male, but a citizen landowner or broader yet one who pays Federal income tax and does not receive any subsidy or special "gov. loans"/bail out from tax paying citizens. Eliminate that group and now you have a better pool of voters that will do what is right for the Country.

I still have a problem with folk that get to vote while getting the "free money" and influencing the law makers. If they would give me billions of dollars I would throw some major campaign contributions their way. Kind of sounds like money laundering.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

KevinD
01-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Why can I not invent like Edison or create like Michaelangelo? Why can't I slam a basketball like Jordan or hit a golf ball like Woods? Why can't I ride a motorcycle mike Rossi or pick stocks like Buffett?

All men ARE NOT created equal. What a boring world it would be if all were equal...

nnuut
01-02-2009, 07:30 AM

This will solve all our national problems. Everyone becomes a Federal employee. No unemployment, no health care crisis, and with everyone in TSP the stock market takes off like a rocket. Crank up the printing presses, we are going to need a lot of that green stuff to pay all these folks.:D

Shades of John Lennon, imagine that!!:D

alevin
01-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I do not agree with the original limitations of white male, but a citizen landowner or broader yet one who pays Federal income tax and does not receive any subsidy or special "gov. loans"/bail out from tax paying citizens. Eliminate that group and now you have a better pool of voters that will do what is right for the Country.

I still have a problem with folk that get to vote while getting the "free money" and influencing the law makers. If they would give me billions of dollars I would throw some major campaign contributions their way. Kind of sounds like money laundering.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Where do subsidized corporations and other businesses fit into your picture, Show-Me? Should the officers, stockholders and boardmembers be denied the vote too? I kinda like that idea, what's good for the goose and all that. :)

Birchtree
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Lyndon Johnson was the creep that sent me to Vietnam. Who knows what the hell Obama will come up with.

Tankrat37
01-02-2009, 07:03 PM
So what does that mean?

No more big business tyrants running a government for the people. Cutting taxes is great for businesses that make a lot of money, but for me, it doesn't make much difference. The wealthy have to support the country because the common folk can't. Trickle down economics seems to only work with a small percentage of the population at the top. The cream rises to the top, and gets skimmed, but the milk tastes better when it's mixed in. Republican ideals are fast becoming outdated. Don't get me wrong here, I am as much against saying "happy holidays" as the next guy. I would much rather hear "Merry Christmas." I do believe in personal responsibility (Rep ideal), but that responsibility has to be taught by somebody (the states) because parents apparently aren't getting the job done, and nobody goes to Church anymore. Then of course somebody has to finance that, which is where the "share the wealth" comes in. In order for that to work though, America needs a culture change. No more "just 5 more minutes." We are a lazy population. Purpose needs to be re-instilled. The Dems probably aren't the people to do it, but hopefully we can rise back to greatness. I wish I was around for the 50s, because to me, that seemed to be the great times in recent history.

McDuck
01-02-2009, 07:45 PM
nobody goes to Church anymore.

hwQWuQVE6sw

McDuck
01-03-2009, 11:54 AM
OBAMA STIRS FEARS IN ISRAEL... (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01012009/news/columnists/bam_stirs_fears_in_israel_146762.htm)

McDuck
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
MORE OBAMA DRAMA: RICHARDSON PULLS (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28493919/)OUT (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28493919/)

Silverbird
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Much as I think the Department I serve has importance, no one around the world cares about who heads Commerce, so the fall of a candidate for our Secretary doesn't warrant "World Affairs". It's State and USTR who hold the international cards. It will be the USTR that negotiates on trade, not the Commerce Sec.

Trying to keep Census, NOAA, Patent and Trademarks, International Trade, Export Controls, and everything else on this Carrier-like bureaucracy in line keeps the Commerce Sec busy. It was rather a surprise to get a candidate for the Secretarial position that's a known entity - it's an administrative job. They'll find someone, but we can continue without a captain for a while longer than most Departments since our Bureaus more or less are seperate entities that happen to be in the same Department due to our old maritime trade history.

McDuck
01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Gas prices DOWN since Bush took office... (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/06/price-dip-adjusts-bushs-gas-legacy/)

McDuck
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
1/10/2009
Dodd could face serious challenge in re-election bid (http://www.norwichbulletin.com/lifestyles/columnists/x743979580/Dodd-could-face-serious-challenge-in-re-election-bid)
- Norwich Bulletin

Obama's SEC pick to face Madoff grilling (http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/11/news/obama_sec_pick.reut/index.htm?postversion=2009011111)

mick504
01-11-2009, 05:15 PM
I was just thinking over morning coffee: Just when we thought it was safe to get back into the market...and eventually make some money; the Gaza...Israel conflict spreads into Lebanon and eventually Syria and Iran...to really screw things up. Gas prices elevate like one year ago and now we are back into another setback in the economy. Just last year Israel requested to fly over Iraqi air space in order to raid Iran nuclear program....but was denied permission by the U.S. The U.S. was also requested to supply Israel with the specific rockets, and weapons to accomplish their mission. Hopefully the conflict will be resolved without further spreading and involving other countries...especially the U.S.

McDuck
01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
JANUARY 14, 2009
Geithner's Past Tax Problems Throw Wrench in Confirmation

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123187503629378119.html

McDuck
01-13-2009, 09:28 PM
61 ex-Guantanamo inmates return to terrorism... (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE50C5JX20090113?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true)

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Lyndon Johnson was the creep that sent me to Vietnam. Who knows what the hell Obama will come up with.

No idea what this Thread's about...I'm guessing people are grasping for something to tear down Obama about.

Johnson and Nixon were indeed hugely to blame for promoting the war - bringing it to greater intensity - and dragging it on...

Obama has been essentially thrown into hell - with possibly the worse financial crisis since the Great Depression - a Recession just reaching the stage of Contraction - the Iraq BS in full swing; Afganistan needing the Iron Fist; Iran, Israel; Gaza... and last but not least Global Economies/Markets facing worse times.

So far I'm looking at Obama's picks and his plans - and I'm hoping everyone will come together and give him the best support possible. 9/11 brought the country together - let's hope he can spark that kind of reaction.

p3a
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
No idea what this Thread's about...I'm guessing people are grasping for something to tear down Obama about.

Johnson and Nixon were indeed hugely to blame for promoting the war - bringing it to greater intensity - and dragging it on...

Obama has been essentially thrown into hell - with possibly the worse financial crisis since the Great Depression - a Recession just reaching the stage of Contraction - the Iraq BS in full swing; Afganistan needing the Iron Fist; Iran, Israel; Gaza... and last but not least Global Economies/Markets facing worse times.

So far I'm looking at Obama's picks and his plans - and I'm hoping everyone will come together and give him the best support possible. 9/11 brought the country together - let's hope he can spark that kind of reaction.

Ditto Steady.... Better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

Viva_La_Migra
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM

I wish Obama much success...but I have my doubts and concerns.

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I wish Obama much success...but I have my doubts and concerns.

I do too my friend. No matter how good his intentions or how hard he may try...the Federal System is way too large to operate effectively...bickering within Congress seems impossible to avoid...States will do everything possible to have Goverment/Fed cover their debts...he will always be viewed as "a black man"...and he's taking charge with numerous historic negative events that have just fallen on both the U.S. and the Globe. Plus a lot of "new people" coming into huge positions...

All we can do is hope for the best - BUT HE IS HUMAN

8 Republicans say they are trying to round up support for measure that would deny Obama the second half of Treasury's financial stability plan.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/14/news/economy/gop_tarp/index.htm

see what I mean

CountryBoy
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
I do too my friend. No matter how good his intentions or how hard he may try...the Federal System is way too large to operate effectively...bickering within Congress seems impossible to avoid...States will do everything possible to have Goverment/Fed cover their debts...he will always be viewed as "a black man"...and he's taking charge with numerous historic negative events that have just fallen on both the U.S. and the Globe. Plus a lot of "new people" coming into huge positions...

8 Republicans say they are trying to round up support for measure that would deny Obama the second half of Treasury's financial stability plan.

see what I mean

I have my concerns about the TARP funds also, especially if we have Timothy “I forgot to pay my Taxes” Geithner in charge. He said it was an innocent mistak…. WTF is that? A 4 year mistake? Give me a break, this really cause my BS meter to peg. What else is he hiding.

If any of us forgot to pay our taxes, we’d be keel hauled or if this had been someone recommended by a different party, it would be 24/7 news and screaming for his head on a platter..

This will tell me what kind of administration BHO will have. One of high integrity or a thuggish Illinois politically run type ofadministration. At least Richardson has the cojones and manned up and dropped out on his own.

We will see if he's all talk or will walk the walk.

CB

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I have my concerns about the TARP funds also, especially if we have Timothy “I forgot to pay my Taxes” Geithner in charge. He said it was an innocent mistak…. WTF is that? A 4 year mistake? Give me a break, this really cause my BS meter to peg. What else is he hiding.

CB

I guess to me it doesn't make any difference what name you call it (TARP, Bail Out...whatever). The only way to possibly get out of the Recession is giving a whole lot more money. For whatever the reason - corruption, greed, mismanagement.. - it will cost and cost a great deal.

I don't know Timothy Geithner - or anything about him - but it certainly proves my point that the more people you have the more likely some will be exposed to have been involved with major problems. I can't fault Obama for that however.

At this point I am simply open to accepting Obama and Hillary and everyone else for who and what they represent and to fulfilling their service to our country with the highest decication possible.

Viva_La_Migra
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM

see what I mean
I think it's even more interesting that his own party is giving him a hard time about releasing the TARP funds...and he hasn't even taken office yet!

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I think it's even more interesting that his own party is giving him a hard time about releasing the TARP funds...and he hasn't even taken office yet!

Well forgive me for saying this BUT:

Politics is a bunch of bull s***

The more I get into it (or try to) the more flustered I get...

so it's better for me to leave it alone.

GL to all of us - we'll need all we can get

CountryBoy
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I guess to me it doesn't make any difference what name you call it (TARP, Bail Out...whatever). The only way to possibly get out of the Recession is giving a whole lot more money. For whatever the reason - corruption, greed, mismanagement.. - it will cost and cost a great deal.

I don't know Timothy Geithner - or anything about him - but it certainly proves my point that the more people you have the more likely some will be exposed to have been involved with major problems. I can't fault Obama for that however.

At this point I am simply open to accepting Obama and Hillary and everyone else for who and what they represent and to fulfilling their service to our country with the highest decication possible.

Steady,

I don’t fault HBO for what Geither did, but I think it still reflects badly on him if he allows this guy of questionable ethics stay. I really find it to be a big flaw in Geither’s character. This “I forgot or it’s was just an honest mistake” is a bunch of whoie and I just don’t buy it. It ranks right up there with “My dog ate my homework. “ :D

Everybody, unless they are a blithering idiot, knows to pay taxes, and if he is that dumb/forgetful, then we don’t need him in this very important role. I think he just got flat out got caught cheating and would have never fessed up if he hadn’t been promoted from being Paulson’s right hand man to being Paulson Version 2.0. Where was he during all of this mess? He was right there in the middle of it at Paulson's side.

I think BHO could’ve come up with some one much more qualified than someone who help perpetuate this mess. And if he thought Paulson was wrong and didn’t have the backbone to speak up, then I sure don’t think he’s the man to stand up to Congress and tell them the facts of life.

I’ve always said that I hope BHO is successful, although I think our children will have a lesser quality of life, because of the massive burden flooding the market will have on the economy. I just don’t agree with BHO’s politics or view on life, but that’s neither here nor there. As for Hillary, she has bigger Thatchers than Geither has. :laugh:

All we are doing is prolonging the agony with the bailouts. We’ll have to pay the piper big time and I’m just one that prefers pulling that band-aid off fast instead of just slowly pulling it off.

Everyone says that we, the public, are 60 to 70% of our GDP and until we can repair our battered retirement and get out of debt, then the economy will not recover. The publics psyche has been battered and they finally realize that they have spent over there means and now realize how important it is to save. This is going to take longer than a 2 year period. The quicker this occurs the quicker we'll get back on our feet, economy wise. The Government needs to put as much emphasis on spending reductions as it is in throwing money at the problem.

Just one man’s opinion. Sorry for being so wordy Steady, sometimes I tend to run off at the mouth. :laugh:

CB

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
NO it's cool man!

and you are right on. I just don't know who he had to pick from and what this guys qualifications really are for the job.

But I fully agree - if it's ONE TIME Obama would really want to make sure things are up to par...spotless...it's now.

CountryBoy
01-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm with you, I don't know who else is out there, but I just wished he'd taken a little more time, to make this call. Oh well, we'll just keep our fingers crossed. :D

Have a good evening bud,
CB

Steadygain
01-14-2009, 04:15 PM
You too my friend.

Heading home now - before it gets too dark.

chhhhhhh... roger, over and out

McDuck
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Bush declares 'state of emergency' as cost of Obama's swearing-in ceremony soars (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1115942/Bush-declares-state-emergency-cost-Baracks-swearing-ceremony-soars-110m.html)

McDuck
01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Panel delays hearing on Obama's Treasury choice (http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/14/america/transition.php)

McDuck
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Obama to end 'don't ask, don't tell' (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479952,00.html)

McDuck
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
PAGLIA: Obama's early stumbles (http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/01/14/obama/)

McDuck
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
zYzLvcd12FA

amoeba
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Geitner is an idiot; he should withdraw; he won't be confirmed; I sure woudn't confirm him - I pay my taxes. He has no excuse. He was informed at the IMF, everybody else paid their taxes, aand he just didn't do it. This wasn't a mistake. Screw him.

Steadygain
01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Obama to end 'don't ask, don't tell' (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479952,00.html)

I guess my main issue is whether the individual is capable of fully serving the U.S.A. irregardless of their personal beliefs. To me the main thing is being 100% Combat Soldier and nothing less; being able to shelf your religious convictions (or whatever) to be able to kill without hesitation (remorse or baggage) and ultimately to accomplish the Mission (whatever that may be) for the better whole. If you push anything that limits that - YOU CAN'T FIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE A WOMAN - YOU CAN'T FIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY - BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK, WHITE, OR WHATEVER...I think that's wrong. So maybe - just maybe - we're moving in a better direction. It's not an issue I ever had to directly deal with.

Geitner is an idiot; he should withdraw; he won't be confirmed; I sure woudn't confirm him - I pay my taxes. He has no excuse. He was informed at the IMF, everybody else paid their taxes, aand he just didn't do it. This wasn't a mistake. Screw him.

It's like 'NOT PUTTING FRESH OIL ON THE GASKET' prior to putting a new oil filter on. I just don't see how anyone could not pay their taxes...or put a film of oil on. To me some things are so obvious it's absolutely impossible to avoid UNLESS YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

McDuck
01-15-2009, 09:31 AM
It's like 'NOT PUTTING FRESH OIL ON THE GASKET' prior to putting a new oil filter on.

I thought you were suppose to use the old (just drained) oil to do that.

Frixxxx
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
I guess my main issue is whether the individual is capable of fully serving the U.S.A. irregardless of their personal beliefs. To me the main thing is being 100% Combat Soldier and nothing less; being able to shelf your religious convictions (or whatever) to be able to kill without hesitation (remorse or baggage) and ultimately to accomplish the Mission (whatever that may be) for the better whole. If you push anything that limits that - YOU CAN'T FIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE A WOMAN - YOU CAN'T FIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY - BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK, WHITE, OR WHATEVER...I think that's wrong. So maybe - just maybe - we're moving in a better direction. It's not an issue I ever had to directly deal with.

Unfortuantely, it's not the individual, it's the majority. Individuals are evaluated for military duty. If they pass, they're in. If not, hit the highway. The issue is when thrown into the military population. If being gay is not accepted, then the individual WILL be discriminated against. Thus, you are only as strong as your weakest link.

It's like 'NOT PUTTING FRESH OIL ON THE GASKET' prior to putting a new oil filter on. I just don't see how anyone could not pay their taxes...or put a film of oil on. To me some things are so obvious it's absolutely impossible to avoid UNLESS YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
I believe this is the standard: I won't be doing anything wrong until I get caught!

I know why he didn't pay taxes - His level of integrity allowed him!

:cool:

Steadygain
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Unfortuantely, it's not the individual, it's the majority. Individuals are evaluated for military duty. If they pass, they're in. If not, hit the highway. The issue is when thrown into the military population. If being gay is not accepted, then the individual WILL be discriminated against. Thus, you are only as strong as your weakest link.

That's an excellent POINT Frixxxx - thanks man. Actually it's not just 'being gay' as not accepted - because that in itself would not come to play in the kind of unit I was with. Nor would religion or anything else. The ANSWER is making the qualifications to get in a lot harder. Seperate those who are 'true soldiers' with a fully committed and loyal mindset from those joining for a paycheck and 'pushing individuality'. It's only with a 'unit mindset' you can possibly be what the military needs. INTEGRITY is everything; make boot camp a lot different so that my life depends on the gay guy - or muslim - or whatever - until everyone of us knows through and through the only way we survive is being fully committed and fully prepared to do whatever it takes. THIS MINDSET will over ride personal beliefs and allow the individual to become exactly what is needed to accomplish any Mission they could come up with.

I believe this is the standard: I won't be doing anything wrong until I get caught!

I know why he didn't pay taxes - His level of integrity allowed him!

:cool:

I would guarantee you - if he developed the mindset noted above there is no way in hell he'd have that kind of attitude.

You're right Integrity is everything. Excellent points bro.

Silverbird
01-16-2009, 09:23 AM
If gays were truely unacceptable for military duty, they would not get drafted. It would be like flat feet, diabetes, asthma, etc. It has worked fine, the gays only get kicked out during peacetime, it is nearly impossible to get out of the draft simply because you are gay. It works fine for the Israelis, the Brits, and it's worked fine for us during wartime, which is when it's important.

Just like anyone else in the military, no Fraternizing on duty, you can't be in the same unit as your partner, and all those other rules cover a long term relationship. Swinging single stuff is out for hetrosexual relationships in the military, so being overly fraternizing is out no matter your preference, so others in your unit should be safe (plus the lover should NOT be in the same unit, see above so there should not be that bias either).

If it doesn't truely make you undraftable, and the existing rules keep it from turning into Love Boat, I don't care if they are gay or straight as long as they keep their hands off my husband. :toung: (I'm joking, he's not in the military, he HAS flat feet, asthma AND diabetes).

Steadygain
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM

Frixxxx,
The combat unit I was in had no women, and none of us believed a woman would be cut out to think like we thought and do the stuff we did - so if any woman was put in our company - our unit - or anything attached to us she would have been despised and it would have been almost impossible for her to survive.

My last 6 months they sent me to a base for Rest and Relaxation, and I was the Motor Pool Sgt - in charge of all the trucks, jeeps, and equipment involved with transportation. This was the first time women were in my Company. I found women were largely pampered, and they were fine with that and came to expect it. ONE, and only ONE, joined to prove herself. She did not want to be pampered, she wanted to show her commitment and prove she was ready to serve and do whatever it takes to prove her worth. So I trained her and she proved to be THE BEST SOLDIER I EVER KNEW. No one had a better mindset; no one tried harder and no one wanted to be pushed beyond the limits more than her.

If the higer ups told me to get a team for a high level Mission; a covert operation of major importance SHE WOULD BE MY FIRST PICK. So this is a tough one. Had this woman been sent to our Combat Unit it would have been almost impossible for her to show her worth. If she became 'the weak link' it's because we did not allow her to show the strength she had.

Anyway, some situations may not have ONE right answer.

Silverbird, I was writting as you were - so please don't think I over looked or ignored your comments

Frixxxx
01-16-2009, 10:05 AM
If the higer ups told me to get a team for a high level Mission; a covert operation of major importance SHE WOULD BE MY FIRST PICK. So this is a tough one. Had this woman been sent to our Combat Unit it would have been almost impossible for her to show her worth. If she became 'the weak link' it's because we did not allow her to show the strength she had.

Way to be a team player not discriminating against her. I'm still in (AF) and have just one female in my flight. Great kid, determined but just a run of the mill airman. I think she will blossom as she ages and gets more confident in her roles.

My comment on the weak link, for clarification, was to show that the discrimination IS the weak link. It is not the person. I personally do not start rating a person on personal choice, preference or anything except meeting our mission. In the Air force we have core values and this is how I measure my people:

Integrity first
Service before self
Excellence in all we do

If properly adhered to, I should never know or see if someone is gay, straight, black, white, protestant, muslim or anything but an airman ready to accomplish a mission.

Simply stated, If i am true to my commitment to serve and do it excellently then I am the epitome of an airman.:cool:

Silverbird
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Re women: Expectations change, as society changes. We still do not sign up for the draft. This is not true everywhere, Israel drafts women. Expectation and societal changes can affect warfare in unexpected ways. The Israelis had to stop putting women visibly on the front line - unless they wanted the Arabs to fight to the last man. The Israelis found this out the hard way. But this may change again with the current wars, so far I haven't heard any evidence of this happening to female US soldiers. Since I have very bad eyesight, (and my age) I'm not draftable for military duty anyway so I'm not going to stick my neck out and say "yes we should be" or "No way!" on the draft women issue, since for me it's only a theoretical exercise.

[Gays, again are slightly different. Unless you are talking about back in the days of classic Greece, it's not like there are going to be all homosexual fighting units. And your enemy is not going to take the time to ask each soldier.]

2EASY
01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Reference gays in the military....we would have to build gay barracks. I am serious. Why do you think we separate men and women in the barracks? For obvious reasons - so they can't see each other naked in the bathrooms. Why - because one might excite the other. Don't believe me? Okey straight men ..ask yourselves...do you love your wives? Of course we do. Now imiagine yourselves in the "open bay" shower with a bunch of naked military women in the same shower. Of course you wouldn't touch them...for you are a professional military man. BUT - would you get excited? Now apply this reasoning to gay men in a shower with a bunch of straight military men. Do we really want to subject those gay men to this torture? same rules apply to gay women.

Silverbird
01-16-2009, 01:08 PM
If getting excited is a problem we'd have to ban dirty magazines too and even going to some beaches. My motto is, you can't stop them for looking but you CAN stop them from touching. No one's complained about it during wartime as being a problem and it hasn't stopped gays from getting drafted. And when the chips are down, only on Classic Star Trek does the Captain kiss the nearest Yeoman and get himself fooled by lovely women...oh you know what I mean.

Frixxxx
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Reference gays in the military....we would have to build gay barracks. I am serious. Why do you think we separate men and women in the barracks? For obvious reasons - so they can't see each other naked in the bathrooms. Why - because one might excite the other. Don't believe me? Okey straight men ..ask yourselves...do you love your wives? Of course we do. Now imiagine yourselves in the "open bay" shower with a bunch of naked military women in the same shower. Of course you wouldn't touch them...for you are a professional military man. BUT - would you get excited? Now apply this reasoning to gay men in a shower with a bunch of straight military men. Do we really want to subject those gay men to this torture? same rules apply to gay women.
Man, okay, I'll come back to you next week after that trip through my imagination. Open bay showers full of women. :nuts: Buster will be here in two shakes of a lamb's tail! :laugh: Thanks!

2EASY
01-16-2009, 01:58 PM
If getting excited is a problem we'd have to ban dirty magazines too and even going to some beaches. My motto is, you can't stop them for looking but you CAN stop them from touching. No one's complained about it during wartime as being a problem and it hasn't stopped gays from getting drafted. And when the chips are down, only on Classic Star Trek does the Captain kiss the nearest Yeoman and get himself fooled by lovely women...oh you know what I mean.

Yea - but a man can't hide that excitement in the shower without praying a whole lot :embarrest:

Silverbird
01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, that won't last long, though he might pick up a nickname you can't write on a latrine wall, there's nothing like peer pressure.

Steadygain
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
If getting excited is a problem...My motto is, why look when you CAN touch. ;).

Quote may have been modified during transition

Silverbird,
I thought this sounds better...:o:embarrest:

Sometimes I just need to get Feisty once in awhile.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...and memorize the quote as you're leaving :D

McDuck
01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Afghan foreign minister unhappy with Hillary -- Already? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_narco_state_1)

McDuck
01-17-2009, 07:55 PM
[/URL]
[URL="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_spending"]Pricey inauguration party during economic collapse? (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE50F5Q920090118?sp=true)

McDuck
01-17-2009, 08:06 PM
HANSON: Don't waste a crisis? (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/18/dont-waste-a-crisis/)
Washington Times, DC

McDuck
01-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Obama prayer leader from group US linked to Hamas (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gQggHf4xEV0JslGd4x1OFgqEYc6wD95P8IG00)
The Associated Press

McDuck
01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/18/the-answer-is-freedom/

McDuck
01-17-2009, 08:38 PM
A Pardon For Terrorists, A Grave For My Father (http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/commentary/hc-commentaryconnor0118.artjan18,0,7555327.story)

McDuck
01-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Top Text Message at the Inaugural – “No We Can’t” (http://inventorspot.com/articles/top_text_message_inaugural_no_we_cant_22394)
Inventorspot

McDuck
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Inauguration/story?id=6665946&page=1

What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration

Obama's Inauguration Has Been Financed Partially by Bailed-Out Wall Street Executives

McDuck
01-19-2009, 11:11 AM
A Geithner Tax Amnesty

http://online.wsj.com/video/a-geithner-tax-amnesty/08B380E6-C6A1-4F41-AEDE-B5775D8600C7.html

CountryBoy
01-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Same old politics, just a different party.

"The price tag for President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration gala is expected to break records, with some estimates reaching as high as $150 million. Despite the bleak economy, however, Democrats who called on President George W. Bush to be frugal four years ago are issuing no such demands now that an inaugural weekend of rock concerts and star-studded parties has begun.'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_spending

Also CNBC just said that over 50% of the actual dirt throwing jobs produced by the infrastructure plan will be filled by illegal aliens. Most of the people out of work either won't get their hands dirty or they have no idea of which end on the shovel goes into the ground. Plus on all these high tech jobs to be produced, we don't have sufficent enough numbers to fill all these high tech jobs America has been dumbing down for to long. The main receiptant of the Infrastruture money will be pencil pushing political hacks (local, state and Fed).

Oh yeah this inauguration will be the largest porta potty event in history. :D

CB

2EASY
01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
The Presidential Inaugural Committee, which is responsible for the events surrounding the actual ceremony, expects that its budget will run about $45 million, but could edge slightly higher, according to Linda Douglass, spokeswoman for the group.

Among the events sponsored by the committee are Tuesday's inaugural parade and 10 official inaugural balls. It has also paid the Smithsonian Institution $700,000 for its museums to remain open longer and handle the crowds on Inauguration Day.

But the $45 million comes completely from private donations, not the government. The organization is not accepting funds from corporations or lobbyists. In addition to private individual donors, who can give a maximum of $50,000, the committee has been raising money by selling merchandise.
"The President-elect made very clear in the campaign and continued to emphasize that he is committed to ending business as usual and breaking the grip of the special interests," said Douglass.

The ceremony: The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies has a budget of $1.24 million to pay for the actual swearing-in ceremony, according to spokeswoman Carole Florman.

The ceremony happens directly out in front of the U.S. Capitol. The budget, which is $10,000 less than the budget from the 2005 inauguration, is an appropriation, which means it is federal taxpayer money that has been set aside for the event.

There's room for 240,000 people on the Capitol grounds, but the group expects many more people to stand and watch from areas nearby. The budget also pays for an elaborate and traditional luncheon for 220 people, including the new president, that follows the swearing-in ceremony.

Those 240,000 tickets are free, but they are a hot commodity. So incensed by the trafficking in tickets, committee chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., pushed the Senate to pass a bill earlier this week that made it a crime to sell or counterfeit inaugural tickets. The bill provides for a maximum penalty of a $100,000 fine and imprisonment up to a year.

Another $3.5 million was going to cover the actual construction of the platform in front of the Capitol and the rental of the chairs, according to Stephen Ayers, acting Architect of the Capitol.

Furthermore, the U.S. Capitol Police has budgeted $1.5 million to pay for staffing events around the ceremony, according to assistant chief Dan Nichols.

Transportation, security: Once you have the parties and the ceremony, the tab has just started growing. The taxpayers really end up paying for the various law enforcement officials on duty.

The total cost of the inauguration to the federal government is $49 million, according to Abigail Tanner, spokeswoman for the Office of Management and Budget.

That $49 million includes a $15 million appropriation which has already been appropriated to the District of Columbia to help pay for the inauguration expenses. It also includes money to pay for the Secret Service during the inauguration and the military personnel during the parade following the swearing-in ceremony.

Meanwhile, the governors of Virginia and Maryland, and the mayor of Washington sent a letter to the federal government estimating that the inauguration was going to cost them a combined $75 million - $47 million for the District alone - for transportation and law enforcement.

The District may be eligible for more federal money beyond the $15 million appropriated. President Bush announced Tuesday that the District was in a state of emergency, making more funding available for "emergency protective measures that are undertaken to save lives and protect public health and safety."

CountryBoy
01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
The Presidential Inaugural Committee, which is responsible for the events surrounding the actual ceremony, expects that its budget will run about $45 million, but could edge slightly higher, according to Linda Douglass, spokeswoman for the group.

But the $45 million comes completely from private donations, not the government. The organization is not accepting funds from corporations or lobbyists. In addition to private individual donors, who can give a maximum of $50,000, the committee has been raising money by selling merchandise.

All inaugurations, pretty much have all the costs you mentioned and paid for the same folks, just a different party, as spelled out in the link if you took the time to read it. :rolleyes:

My point of view is the hipocrasy of BHO and the DNC not being called on this extravangant spending and being tone deaf with so many folks out of work. What was your point, besides the obvious? Give me a little credit about the funding of these shindigs, I may be just be a good ole country boy, but we do have some horse sense and this hipocrasy just pegged my BS meter. Oh yeah, more job creation in cleaning all those portable outhouse. Thanks for the bolding, I wouldn't want to have over looked the obvious.;)

"The price tag for President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration gala is expected to break records, with some estimates reaching as high as $150 million. Despite the bleak economy, however, Democrats who called on President George W. Bush to be frugal four years ago are issuing no such demands now that an inaugural weekend of rock concerts and star-studded parties has begun.'

It's just politics as usual, just alot more of it and no one likes his ox gored or even admit to it and like the thread title says, " It has started...". lol

CB

McDuck
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Foundation concerns could delay Clinton confirmation (http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE50I4TY20090119?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true)

McDuck
01-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Inauguration Perks Go To Rich; VIP-seating at 'We Are The One' Concert Among Benefits (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6680531&page=1)

McDuck
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Big Botox demand (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-01-18-Obamainauguration-cosmeticprocedures_N.htm)

McDuck
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Witches swept D.C. clean for Obama ( I kid you not)

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11613055

budnipper1
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11613055

Not too surprised that I didn't see Hillary flying around on her broom in that video, but the witch in the purple stocking cap looked a lot like Oprah! :D

McDuck
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM

5eG_8ruw22I

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

McDuck
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Canada denies entry to former US anti-war activist with Obama ties (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/01/19/ayers-canada.html)
CBC.ca, Canada - 1 hour ago

mick504
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090120/bs_nm/us_markets_global
Asian stocks tumble on global banking woes! More countries telling the financial crisis is also hitting them harder than previously mentioned.

McDuck
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Worst Inauguration Day Drop in Dow Industrial History (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aOYw.awwsNSg&refer=worldwide)

McDuck
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Barack Obama's inauguration speech crafted by 27-year-old in Starbucks (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/20/barack-obama-inauguration-us-speech)

budnipper1
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/16/fox-facts-inauguration/

Inauguration 2009
A look behind the scenes of Tuesday's inauguration

"Cadillac One"
A new limousine, dubbed the 2009 Cadillac Presidential Limousine, makes its debut on Inauguration Day.

It has been nicknamed "the Beast."

Obama's new drive is a hulking, snazzed-up upgrade from previous presidential limousines, and will give him a better view of his inaugural parade than his predecessor.

The auto is reportedly tough enough to withstand a rocket-propelled grenade.

GM has exclusively built the presidential limousine since 1983.

Obama will be sworn in under the tightest security ever, shielded by a new, heavily armored Cadillac limousine, bullet-resistant glass, fighter planes overhead and Secret Service SWAT teams toting automatic weapons.
Obama will wear bullet-resistant clothing, speak behind a protective glass shield and ride in the parade in the armored Cadillac limousine, with doors and windows so thick that he probably would survive a bomb blast, law enforcement officials said.
Nondescript boxes that can detect the airborne releases of chemical or biological weapons such as lethal anthrax spores will be scattered among the crowds.
Snipers will be positioned on rooftops and balconies along Pennsylvania Avenue.
58 law-enforcement and other agencies are working on security.
Every one of the 240,000 people attending the actual swearing-in ceremony will be screened by walk-through or hand-held metal detectors.

McDuck
01-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Inauguration 2009
A look behind the scenes of Tuesday's inauguration

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090121/capt.7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546.inauguration _a_nation_gathers_dcck123.jpg?x=400&y=263&q=85&sig=AY._KA2FX3wuJVDMlJF03g--

KevinD
01-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Where'd you get that pic?

Guest2
01-21-2009, 07:13 AM
d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090121/capt.7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546.inauguration _a_nation_gathers_dcck123.jpg?x=400&y=263&q=85&sig=AY._KA2FX3wuJVDMlJF03g (http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090121/capt.7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546.inauguration _a_nation_gathers_dcck123.jpg?x=400&y=263&q=85&sig=AY._KA2FX3wuJVDMlJF03g)-- :nuts:

KevinD
01-21-2009, 07:19 AM
I know how to right click>properties. I want the story behind the pic. It could very well be a photoshop.

The_Technician
01-21-2009, 07:26 AM
All inaugurations, pretty much have all the costs you mentioned and paid for the same folks, just a different party, as spelled out in the link if you took the time to read it. :rolleyes:

My point of view is the hipocrasy of BHO and the DNC not being called on this extravangant spending and being tone deaf with so many folks out of work. What was your point, besides the obvious? Give me a little credit about the funding of these shindigs, I may be just be a good ole country boy, but we do have some horse sense and this hipocrasy just pegged my BS meter. Oh yeah, more job creation in cleaning all those portable outhouse. Thanks for the bolding, I wouldn't want to have over looked the obvious.;)

It's just politics as usual, just alot more of it and no one likes his ox gored or even admit to it and like the thread title says, " It has started...". lol

CB
Its not what one says it what one does....reckless spending -this is a pattern of things to come....irrresponsibility....shows a lack of thought and proper intelligence in future economic effects.

Take Gitmo......its an advantage to the US to have it.....to close it is a disadvantage to the US......just wait for that one attack that you wish your family wasn't there....and you will wonder how irresponsibilty got hold .....

I believe intuitively, closing Git adds money to lawyers pockets...maybe I could be wrong.

Spending money on govt projects doesn't affect how we got here in the first place...we took all our production overseas, lost alot of economic power with it.....we're a "developed" country...its gonna cost you to live here....if you can get to the govt purse, you will survive....

:worried:

McDuck
01-21-2009, 07:30 AM
I know how to right click>properties. I want the story behind the pic. It could very well be a photoshop.

It's the main photo on the Drudge Report. I'm highly doubt it's a photoshop.

McDuck
01-21-2009, 07:33 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20090120/i/r2310073519.jpg?x=400&y=282&q=85&sig=LTV.XQaCBdeGNx5y77SEKA--

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

McDuck
01-21-2009, 07:35 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20090120/i/r1394426085.jpg?x=400&y=280&q=85&sig=Cbpsv5gLSLBst5ppZ3gnNg--

A visitor to Madame Tussauds poses next to the wax figure of US President George Bush, in London January 20, 2009. The waxworks allowed free entry to US citizens on Tuesday, the day of the inauguration of US President Barack Obama.
REUTERS/Stephen Hird (BRITAIN)

McDuck
01-21-2009, 07:43 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090121/capt.7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546.inauguration _a_nation_gathers_dcck123.jpg?x=400&y=263&q=85&sig=AY._KA2FX3wuJVDMlJF03g--

Aloysia Rochon of Oakland, Pa., waits among the trash National Mall after the inauguration of President Barack Obama in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009.
(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Presidential-Inauguration-National-Mall-President-Barack-Obama/ss/events/pl/111008obinauguration/im:/090121/480/7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546/

KevinD
01-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Aloysia Rochon of Oakland, Pa., waits among the trash National Mall after the inauguration of President Barack Obama in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Presidential-Inauguration-National-Mall-President-Barack-Obama/ss/events/pl/111008obinauguration/im:/090121/480/7d249c265a934f498f2a848402460546/

Cool. Thanks.

Frixxxx
01-21-2009, 08:56 AM

Is Anyone else disgusted by this lack of disrespect with throwing trash on the ground? I mean, really, this is the way we treat our capital and our land? 1.8 million people couldn't police the area before they left?

This is a testament to "someone else will take care of it" mindset that seems to be reverberating with this administration. Even though President Obama said "What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility"

Oh well.

Viva_La_Migra
01-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Is Anyone else disgusted by this lack of disrespect with throwing trash on the ground? I mean, really, this is the way we treat our capital and our land? 1.8 million people couldn't police the area before they left?

This is a testament to "someone else will take care of it" mindset that seems to be reverberating with this administration. Even though President Obama said "What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility"

Oh well.
Someone get Buford T. Justice on the phone! What we have here is a total lack of respect for the Capital!

CountryBoy
01-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Oh well.

Yes I was throughly disgusted by the amount of trash left behind. You hit the nail right on the head, a lack of responsibility. Those people are just a bunch of pigs and probably just expect someone else to take care of the mess...like the Government! I mean they expect BHO to pay for their loans, gas food etc, so they don't don't what the wordspersonal responsibilty mean. But this is no suprise of the trash left behind.

I was always taught that you left an area where you've been, whether camping or what, in better shape than we found it. We always policed our areas. :mad:

Lack of responsiblity, was one thing, that got us in this subprime mess.

CB

Thunderhorse
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Oh well.

Thoroughly disgusted.

Where the hell did that pack of witches with their brooms go? The ones sweeping thiings clean in the video a few post back in this thread. (Post #78)

Put 'em to work cleaning up.:D

KevinD
01-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Thoroughly disgusted.

Where the hell did that pack of witches with their brooms go? The ones sweeping thiings clean in the video a few post back in this thread. (Post #78)

Put 'em to work cleaning up.:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

McDuck
01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Obama inauguration got 35X more news coverage than Bush (http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE50K6E320090121)

George Bush Monument Defaced Inauguration Day (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6615053)

Castro 'believes in Obama' (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090121/D95RQGSO0.html)

White House may put hold on offshore drilling (http://in.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idINWBT01046020090121)

PessOptimist
01-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes I was throughly disgusted by the amount of trash left behind. You hit the nail right on the head, a lack of responsibility. Those people are just a bunch of pigs and probably just expect someone else to take care of the mess...
CB

Yeah and it's not just BHO supporters. The entire sociopoliticaleconomic spectrum of this country has been that way for years and expect someone else to pick up after them. But if they need a job, they aren't going to pick up trash! They are "entitled"...

Every public area looks that way after every public gathering.

McDuck
01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090120/capt.c0efc0ea65b9439f8488b608bd6b0fce.inauguration _a_nation_gathers_waet110.jpg?x=400&y=276&q=85&sig=PAEtx0auMkqbFGk82UHeUA--

Raven Whitehead, 18, of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, asks for handouts in downtown Seattle by using a handmade sign referring to newly-inaugurated President Barack Obama, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. Whitehead said she was a backpacker who had lost most of her possessions and was trying to get back home.
(AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)

McDuck
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
A chilly Milli Vanilli: Obama's inauguration music was a recording (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/4-0&fp=497a1eb0070dbe74&ei=SnN6SZ2GFOaPmAfM7uDcCQ&url=http%3A//www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-chilly-milli-vanilli-obamas-inauguration-music-was-a-recording-1514530.html&cid=1296459387&usg=AFQjCNF5TdbpGIK4kW-6i4Q0zMi3LEfjcw)
Independent, UK

Yo-Yo Ma faked it! (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/6-0&fp=497a1eb0070dbe74&ei=SnN6SZ2GFOaPmAfM7uDcCQ&url=http%3A//blogs.creativeloafing.com/tampacalling/2009/01/23/yo-yo-ma-faked-it/&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNHS6Mg0Gv67aS-wjiF_uP7V5D_D7A)
Creative Loafing Sarasota, FL

The Inauguration performance was fake! (http://www.nj.com/entertainment/arts/index.ssf/2009/01/a_round_up_of_items_for_a_busy.html)
The Star-Ledger - NJ

Talk about a do-over: the Yo-Yo Ma-Itzhak Perlman string sync (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/01/talk-about-a-do.html)
Los Angeles Times, CA

McDuck
01-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Due to the mistake in administering the oath of office], if in fact Barack Obama is not the President, who is? Okay, the Constitution says that the President takes office at noon on Inauguration Day, oath or no. So I’m pretty sure that means the Presidency goes to whoever was on-camera at noon. The new President is Yo-Yo Ma! ... It’s still pretty darn historic to have the first Asian-American President and the first Vice President who is a cello.”
— Steven Colbert, Comedy Central , 21-JAN-2009.

James48843
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
By the way- some really outstanding photographs of the Inauguration that you all should see-

Check these photos out:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/the_inauguration_of_president.html

Some incredible ones.

McDuck
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
By the way- some really outstanding photographs of the Inauguration that you all should see-

I liked this 1,474-megapixel photo.
http://dvice.com/archives/2009/01/huge_1474-megap.php (http://dvice.com/archives/2009/01/huge_1474-megap.php)

McDuck
01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Well Good for You Greg, I am proud of you!

I see you are now reading Huffington Post.

I hope you enjoy seeing a different perspective of things.

:-)

I like to read/listen to different sources. You should try it sometime.

Birchtree
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Man I really must admit that 1,474-megapixel photo shows a lot of stank. I'm glad Palin wasn't there.

McDuck
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
CBS News with Dana Tyler interviews Dr. Manning

IQ-BQgottBA

budnipper1
01-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I liked this 1,474-megapixel photo.
http://dvice.com/archives/2009/01/huge_1474-megap.php (http://dvice.com/archives/2009/01/huge_1474-megap.php)

Amazing resolution, especially with zoom. Did anybody else see strange images in the photo?:suspicious:

McDuck
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Amazing resolution, especially with zoom. Did anybody else see strange images in the photo?:suspicious:

That's where 2 pictures got stitched together.

budnipper1
01-23-2009, 11:06 PM
That's where 2 pictures got stitched together.

That's what I had guessed. Just like this one here...
Does anyone know what kind of tree (http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=birch+tree&btnG=Search+Images) this is? :D

James48843
01-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Was it just me- or did Dick Cheney look an awful lot like Dr. Strangelove in that Inauguration photo?

You decide:

George, and Dick Cheney: And Dr. Strangelove:

5515 or........ 5516

Hmmm.....

iesXUFOlWC0

McDuck
01-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Was it just me- or did Dick Cheney look an awful lot like Dr. Strangelove in that Inauguration photo?

5515 or........ 5516

I thought he resembled FDR.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f2/FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg/265px-FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg

McDuck
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM

You decide:

George, and Dick Cheney: And Dr. Strangelove:

5515 or........ 5516

Hmmm.....

Jimbo, While you're making fun of guys in wheelchairs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRV5Y1JCGRI

McDuck
01-23-2009, 11:53 PM
While we're talking about Biden, this is the only time that the Dims got treated by the press like they always treated Bush

TW_wQgWviZ8

McDuck
01-24-2009, 12:00 AM
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2008/12/salazar%20mug-thumb-200x285-30253.jpg (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2008/12/salazar%20mug-30253.html)
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2008/12/gramm%20mug-thumb-200x315-30256.jpg (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/assets_c/2008/12/gramm%20mug-30256.html)
Is it just me, or does Barack Obama's pick for interior secretary (top) look like former Texas senator Phil Graham?

McDuck
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
RDVUPqoowf8

McDuck
01-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Reality Check: Obama's small-donor money not so big after all
5:32 PM Tue, Nov 25, 2008
Wayne Slater

Remember all that talk about how Barack Obama rewrote the book on campaign finance by taking zillions in small-dollar contributions to fuel his race for the White House? Supporters touted the idea that nearly half of Obama's money came from people giving less than $200. Not so much.

Turns out that only about a quarter of Obama's campaign contributions came from small donors, those giving $200 or less. That's about the same as George W. Bush in 2004.

That's because a further study of Obama's donations shows that while he had lots of small donations, many of those donors gave several times. And FEC records show that a sizeable number of these repeat donors gave a cumulative amount totaling much more than $200 -- sometimes $1,000 or more. In fact, nearly half of Obama's money came from donors giving $1,000 or more.

The nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institude did the study. This doesn't mean that Obama didn't raise lots of cash from small donors. But it does mean that he, like his predecessors, was highly dependent on big-donor donors in his presidential bid.

CountryBoy
01-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Reality Check: Obama's small-donor money not so big after all
5:32 PM Tue, Nov 25, 2008
Wayne Slater

Remember all that talk about how Barack Obama rewrote the book on campaign finance by taking zillions in small-dollar contributions to fuel his race for the White House? Supporters touted the idea that nearly half of Obama's money came from people giving less than $200. Not so much.

Turns out that only about a quarter of Obama's campaign contributions came from small donors, those giving $200 or less. That's about the same as George W. Bush in 2004.

That's because a further study of Obama's donations shows that while he had lots of small donations, many of those donors gave several times. And FEC records show that a sizeable number of these repeat donors gave a cumulative amount totaling much more than $200 -- sometimes $1,000 or more. In fact, nearly half of Obama's money came from donors giving $1,000 or more.

The nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institude did the study. This doesn't mean that Obama didn't raise lots of cash from small donors. But it does mean that he, like his predecessors, was highly dependent on big-donor donors in his presidential bid.

Say ir ain't so, Joe...He can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

CB

McDuck
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Obama Targets Real Threats: Rush Limbaugh, Unborn Fetuses! (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/7858)
Canada Free Press, Canada

Obama's plan to end partisanship: agree with him (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/3-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.examiner.com/x-431-SF-Politics-Examiner%7Ey2009m1d24-Obamas-plan-to-end-partisanship--agree-with-him-since-he-won-and-you-lost&cid=1296262886&usg=AFQjCNFRsx5bYhvl9pfCec7UfQkPtXlOvQ)
Examiner.com

America Must Protect Free Speech If She Has Any Chance Of Finding Her Way Back to The Constitution (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/6-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.australia.to/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle% 26id%3D4146%3Aamerica-must-protect-free-speech-if-she-has-any-chance-of-finding-her-way-back-the-constitution-%26catid%3D53%3Ajones-zach%26Itemid%3D122&cid=1296730317&usg=AFQjCNG0SlQU0tuATMLDkuVw1o6c9d1r3g)
Australia.TO, Australia

In a “New Spirit of Bi-Partisanship”, Obama Picks a Fight (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/13-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.cdobs.com/archive/local-media/in-a-new-spirit-of-bi-partisanship-obama-picks-a-fight-with-limbaugh%2C2597&cid=1296262886&usg=AFQjCNFFVHkS0Z6LuvIT8ODaVWTM0s6ZUg)
Chicago Daily Observer, IL

Limbaugh Responds to Obama (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTU5MjE3MmQ0NWU1Zjc1YzYyMDE1NzNmZmM2MzYxMmI=)

CountryBoy
01-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Obama Targets Real Threats: Rush Limbaugh, Unborn Fetuses! (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/7858)
Canada Free Press, Canada

Obama's plan to end partisanship: agree with him (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/3-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.examiner.com/x-431-SF-Politics-Examiner%7Ey2009m1d24-Obamas-plan-to-end-partisanship--agree-with-him-since-he-won-and-you-lost&cid=1296262886&usg=AFQjCNFRsx5bYhvl9pfCec7UfQkPtXlOvQ)
Examiner.com

America Must Protect Free Speech If She Has Any Chance Of Finding Her Way Back to The Constitution (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/6-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.australia.to/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle% 26id%3D4146%3Aamerica-must-protect-free-speech-if-she-has-any-chance-of-finding-her-way-back-the-constitution-%26catid%3D53%3Ajones-zach%26Itemid%3D122&cid=1296730317&usg=AFQjCNG0SlQU0tuATMLDkuVw1o6c9d1r3g)
Australia.TO, Australia

In a “New Spirit of Bi-Partisanship”, Obama Picks a Fight (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/13-0&fp=497b1eb0070dbe74&ei=c617SeCbBdmpmQftmsXkCQ&url=http%3A//www.cdobs.com/archive/local-media/in-a-new-spirit-of-bi-partisanship-obama-picks-a-fight-with-limbaugh%2C2597&cid=1296262886&usg=AFQjCNFFVHkS0Z6LuvIT8ODaVWTM0s6ZUg)
Chicago Daily Observer, IL

Limbaugh Responds to Obama (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTU5MjE3MmQ0NWU1Zjc1YzYyMDE1NzNmZmM2MzYxMmI=)

Yeah agree with him cause he won, where I'm from that's called being a poor winner and normally called for a reaction, hearing it time and time again.

Can't listen to Rush, hmmm no freedom of choice or having a differing opinion, that sounds like the "S" word.

The more I hear what he says and acts, he's just a thuggish socialist trying to reduce our freedom of speech, choice or opinion, sounds like his name sake Saddam.

I accept defeat, but I'll continue to voice my opinion, since this is still the USA and not yet the USSA.

We have a lot of hurt coming down on us and some people just refuse to acknowledge it.;)

CB

McDuck
01-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Tax woes may dog Geithner, even after confirmation (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/5-0&fp=497c1eb0070dbe74&ei=hLR8SeP_AZXFmQeQ4aTwCQ&url=http%3A//www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8322345&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNFhq5xBiCh0TMDWeqpdp2sJy5UoRQ)
guardian.co.uk, UK

Jenkins: Stimulus Plan Full of Pork Barrel Projects (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/25-0&fp=497c1eb0070dbe74&ei=hLR8SeP_AZXFmQeQ4aTwCQ&url=http%3A//www.wibw.com/home/headlines/38297114.html&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNEH0PNqG6pA-VQ957yNwpc7ywn_eA)
WIBW, KS

Obama's pro-abortion executive order creates first clash with Vatican (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/35-0&fp=497c1eb0070dbe74&ei=hLR8SeP_AZXFmQeQ4aTwCQ&url=http%3A//catholicnewsagency.com/new.php%3Fn%3D14884&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNH7R0toeIq8M2DN7groupJXKWw6kw)
Catholic News Agency, CO

Media averts eyes from subpoenas to Obama top staff (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/46-0&fp=497c1eb0070dbe74&ei=hLR8SeP_AZXFmQeQ4aTwCQ&url=http%3A//www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/01/media_averts_eyes_from_subpoen.html&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNGDH2snxXJQAkx6Qd55gXbZbufFaQ)
American Thinker, WA

Federal Defense of Marriage Act (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/68-0&fp=497c1eb0070dbe74&ei=hLR8SeP_AZXFmQeQ4aTwCQ&url=http%3A//americandaily.com/index.php/article/324&cid=0&usg=AFQjCNFrFbmKfIsbsp_GWWJYFmsw6zqIEw)
American Daily, OH

McDuck
01-25-2009, 01:11 PM
OBAMA GETS OPENING APPROVAL RATING; NUMBERS STARTING TO NORMALIZE (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17902.html)

McDuck
02-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Hon. James David Manning preaches about people who praise Barack Hussein Obama, Saul Alinsky, and Satan.

qzxtH15A_D0

McDuck
02-03-2009, 06:23 PM
AP: 'The new president, seen by some as arrogant' (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/ap_on_an/obama_cutting_losses_analysis_1)

McDuck
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Tax problems torpedo two big nominations (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090203/D964CV881.html)

McDuck
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Obama backs down on 'Buy American' after EU trade war threat (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5655115.ece)

budnipper1
02-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Obama backs down on 'Buy American' after EU trade war threat (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5655115.ece)

BHO, the "rookie" texas hold'em player.:laugh:

WHEN YOU'RE BEAT, YOU'RE BEAT!:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazQ63hRKpg

McDuck
02-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Labor Nominee's Hearing Off as Husband's Tax Liens Surface (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/2-2-0&fp=498b15e8c26d8fa7&ei=PN2LSY0XlczwBMHA6a0K&url=http%3A//www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/05/AR2009020503148.html&cid=1300609389&usg=AFQjCNE_TilViNhNN7MdrBDPtfQYKqudzQ)

McDuck
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Bam Bam gets a boo boo.
Obama Bumps Head Getting into Marine OneBKIycGw9GiA

McDuck
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
'Honest Mistakes': Obama defends ethics standards (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9686TUG1&show_article=1)

McDuck
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
GOP sounds alarm over Obama moving census to White House (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/09/gop-sounds-alarm-obama-decision-census-white-house/)

McDuck
02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
$15,000 tax credit won't help low-income home buyers, experts say (http://www.latimes.com/business/investing/la-na-housing-tax-credit9-2009feb09,0,5148799.story)

McDuck
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Has Obama's presidency already failed? (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9ebea1b8-f794-11dd-81f7-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1)

wv-girl
02-11-2009, 08:57 AM
China airport executive sentenced to death
Chinese court rules former airport holding company chief embezzled funds
By MarketWatch
Last update: 12:00 a.m. EST Feb. 11, 2009Comments: 50HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- A Chinese court has sentenced the former chairman of a state-owned holding company overseeing 30 airports, including Beijing International, to death for bribery and embezzlement amounting to more than 100 million yuan ($14.6 million), according to a report late Tuesday by the state-run Xinhua News Agency.
The Jinan Intermediate People's Court found Li Peiying, 59, former chairman and general manager of Capital Airports Holding Co., guilty of seeking or accepting bribes totaling 26.61 million yuan during an eight year period from 1995, the report said.
Li was also found guilty of misappropriating 82.5 million yuan in funds for personal use during a three-year period from 2000.
In handing down its sentence, the court said Li's actions had resulted in large economic losses for that nation and that the amounts involved were extraordinary.
Capital Airports was formed in 2002 and operates airports in nine Chinese provinces.
A subsidiary of the group, Beijing Capital International Airport Co. (HK:694: news , chart , profile ) , is listed in Hong Kong.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/China-airport-executive-sentenced-death/story.aspx?guid=%7B75598367%2D52B9%2D4AC4%2D84F4%2 DA5274DB09937%7D&dist=SecMostRead

And this is the country we are most indebted to...financially

Gumby
02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
China airport executive sentenced to death
Chinese court rules former airport holding company chief embezzled funds
By MarketWatch

What if they did this in the US? Would it make the white collar crooks straighten out their act? Maybe one of the conditions of the bank bailout should be each executive must work one year in China instead of cutting pay to $500,000. I would think the fear of getting a head cut off might do the trick.:D

Silverbird
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
The problem in China is that is the ONLY way to get people's attention on breaking laws is to execute someone. It's far too easy to bribe the right official and get off scott free. Otherwise known as no one will notice if they get enough money. However, breaking laws is getting all too common, look at CCTV burning their own building down with an unsanctioned firework show (how dumb can you get???). And in the melanine in the milk scandal, the only ones to get sentenced, got sentenced to death, and the victims got some little bit of compensation that won't come even close to paying for the permanent damage their kids took (I'm not putting a price on life, I'm talking about the ones who survived and now have to keep getting dialysis).

In the U.S., we should have some hard time jail terms. Anyone want to be in a supermax? It takes too long to get a death sentence through the system, and there has to be something reserved for mass murderers.

Viva_La_Migra
02-12-2009, 05:20 PM
It takes too long to get a death sentence through the system...
Not if we give them noting but salmonella peanut butter sandwiches to eat and melanine milk to drink!:laugh:

KevinD
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Not if we give them noting but salmonella peanut butter sandwiches to eat and melanine milk to drink!:laugh:

[Homer Simpson] Doh! [/Homer Simpson] :laugh:

McDuck
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
6/10/2009
Get Ready for Inflation and Higher Int. Rates (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124458888993599879.html)
- Wall Street Journal

McDuck
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
New GM Chairman declares: 'I don't know anything about cars' (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aQ._YJhEj_Jo)

McDuck
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Voight calls Obama 'good actor'; Hollywood star sees administration as 'slick, relentless' (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/10/voight-obama-is-a-good-hollywood-actor/)

McDuck
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
PAGLIA: Obama's hit -- and big miss (http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/06/10/waterloo/)

McDuck
06-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Administration Reverses Course on Miranda Rights for High Value Gitmo Detainees (http://get.lingospot.com/click/?app=UZSBLTWSAE&context=0&key=2_Btv&ps_id=EGezQw39fH&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.tv%2Fhtml%2F357973. html&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.tv%2F%3Fp%3D358253% 26widget%3D1)
06-10-2009 3:59 pm

McDuck
06-23-2009, 08:28 PM
IN 55 MINUTES, OBAMA DIDN'T MENTION IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, TROOPS, SOLDIERS -- OR WAR! (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24106.html)

McDuck
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Curl: Press rolls over -- again... (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/24/obama-dominates-news-media-with-full-court-press/)

McDuck
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Shocking video of NY Democrat sitting through the Pledge of Allegiance (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12466)

Obama Reinvents The Lightbulb (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12462)

Obama: A Profile in Cowardice (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12455)

Hondouras and Chavez: What you should know, what the centralized media is not telling you (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12454)

Obama Sides With Marxists Over Honduras (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12441)

Democrat Says Gov’t Doesn’t Have to ‘Live Within Our Means’ (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12428)

Frixxxx
06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Mr. McDuck,

I feel like I have a subscription to the Canadian Free Press.

:suspicious:

Handballer
06-30-2009, 11:29 PM
If there is a 4th of July Tea Party here in my town, I'll attend.
http://i44.tinypic.com/30bcsv9.jpg (http://i44.tinypic.com/30bcsv9.jpg)

Viva_La_Migra
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Mr. McDuck,

I feel like I have a subscription to the Canadian Free Press.

:suspicious:
More like the Anti-LA Times.;)

Buster
07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Gotta admit..DUCK is persistent with his Right wing stand..Course now it's almost seems laughable.:D

McDuck
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Gotta admit..DUCK is persistent with his Right wing stand
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill (British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)

McDuck
07-07-2009, 08:18 PM
50% more watched Jackson than inauguration (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/jackson-memorial-web-traffic.html)

Buster
07-07-2009, 11:11 PM
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill (British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)

But if you live your life Moderately..you have inner harmony and balance with the universe.

Buster 2009

KevinD
07-08-2009, 06:41 AM
The Republicrats are a 2 headed snake.

http://www.lp.org/

nnuut
07-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Here's a Democrat!!!:cool: 6535
Who do you think these three are?

McDuck
07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090709/i/r3356552547.jpg?x=400&y=340&q=85&sig=_dbUibuGcHSmlg8QoaQV7A--

SECOND STIMULUS! (http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090709/ids_photos_wl/r3356552547.jpg/)

McDuck
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090709/capt.photo_1247176104286-1-0.jpg?x=400&y=283&q=85&sig=fTGTosTEPKB1RvwZ6R5EGg--

US President Barack Obama (R) and Libyan Leader Moamer Kadhafi shake hands during the Group of Eight (G8) summit in L'Aquila, central Italy. Obama shook hands warmly on Thursday with Kadhafi, long reviled in Washington.
(AFP)

McDuck
07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
AP IMPACT: Dodd, Conrad told deals were sweetened (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_1_0_t&usg=AFQjCNEdLld3b2KwSU7mvCaI1srnNDX3NQ&sig2=yxB3JJQfW7C8R2D1N4OSCQ&cid=1399615271&ei=WG1uSvi8MqHU9QSY0r33Aw&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fhostednews%2Fap% 2Farticle%2FALeqM5j55FCpuuduj27QsPNPsnKtA9PK6AD99N 4AJO3)
The Associated Press - ‎2 hours ago‎

nnuut
07-28-2009, 08:13 AM
AP IMPACT: Dodd, Conrad told deals were sweetened (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_1_0_t&usg=AFQjCNEdLld3b2KwSU7mvCaI1srnNDX3NQ&sig2=yxB3JJQfW7C8R2D1N4OSCQ&cid=1399615271&ei=WG1uSvi8MqHU9QSY0r33Aw&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fhostednews%2Fap% 2Farticle%2FALeqM5j55FCpuuduj27QsPNPsnKtA9PK6AD99N 4AJO3)
The Associated Press - ‎2 hours ago‎

Hey McDuckie! Isn't that what Polititions do, peddle influence for favors?
Par For The Course:cool: