PDA

View Full Version : I'm Doing Some Buying in My Personal Account Today

tsptalk
11-19-2004, 11:57 AM
There are a couple of stocks I like at these pullback levels and I am doing some buying here.

Anyone else?

Timer
11-19-2004, 01:07 PM
So, what stocks do you like Tom?

tsptalk
11-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Timer wrote:
So, what stocks do you like Tom?
I hate to mention them since these are only trades and I don't pick them based on fundementals, but rather on short term technical analysis. I could sell them before this post hits the site :). But since I brought it up, I bought GOOG @ 167.65 and BEAS @ 8.29.

Rod
11-19-2004, 02:54 PM
I've been buying WMT & HD. I'm really satisfied with how HD has been performing.

God Bless:^

tsptalk
11-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Rod wrote:
I've been buying WMT
Walmart has been king, but I sure wish I had bought Kmart a year ago. ~ $12 to $119 :shock: Who'da thunk it? I remember when they went bankrupt and were $2.

Rod
11-21-2004, 04:46 AM
tsptalk wrote:
Rod wrote:
I've been buying WMT
Walmart has been king, but I sure wish I had bought Kmart a year ago. ~ $12 to $119 :shock: Who'da thunk it? I remember when they went bankrupt and were $2.
I think Kmart would have been an excellent buy. But like you said, who would have thought it would've made that sort of comeback with everything going on with the bankruptsy &Martha? She made a cool33M off the merger!:D

Makes you wanna keep tabs on companies who may be filing, and see how they may be restructuring.:i I still say HD (Home Depot) is a wise buy. If I'm not mistaken, I bought ina few months ago around $36 a share. It's been hovering around $43.

I did sell around 23 shares of WMT @ appr $53 at the same time. Since then, it's only up around $55. So, HD has been gaining more ground than WMT.

God Bless:^

Rolo
11-21-2004, 07:55 AM
I thought of buying K-mart as a Phoenix stock. I never followed up on it. oops. I thought it would take longer for it to recover. I need less 'thinkin' and more 'watchin'.

I'm still holding SIRI ($5.17)and XMSR ($35.01). I would definitely watch for pullbacks to buy them and to hold them for the next several years. These aren't stocks that you would have "missed"...now is still the time to start accumulating shares.

SIRI was the first stock I ever bought, first lot purchased 2003-07-11, my cost basis is currently $2.41/sh, :}114%. It shot up 35% in the past week on news of former Viacom president becoming Sirius' CEO. It may pull back for a while, or at least stay horizontal. Scoop it up! It's gonna be "Man, I wish I bought Sirius when it was $5 a share!"

I traded in and out of XMSR with some good successes. I decided to leave it alone, barring something going majorly wrong. Last lot purchased 2004-04-16 @ $27.46, :}27.17%.

If you want a day/active-trading stock: TASR ($52.16). It is terribly volatile and sensitive to news, and we're talking 10% swings are the norm. I made some profit quickly going long and short on it. The funny thing is that I wanted it as a long-term holder. Nuh Uh.

I would loooove to have a program that will sit here and watch TASR's ticker (or any ticker) and automatically buy it, sell it, sell it short, based on parameters that I could configure. (Does something like that exist? I can't be the first schmuck to think of this.)

11-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Rolo wrote:

If you want a day/active-trading stock: TASR ($52.16). It is terribly volatile and sensitive to news, and we're talking 10% swings are the norm. I made some profit quickly going long and short on it. The funny thing is that I wanted it as a long-term holder. Nuh Uh.

I would loooove to have a program that will sit here and watch TASR's ticker (or any ticker) and automatically buy it, sell it, sell it short, based on parameters that I could configure. (Does something like that exist? I can't be the first schmuck to think of this.)
Yes it does Rolo, it's called "my new system". :PLet me input the numbers and see what I get. :^

Rolo
11-21-2004, 12:14 PM
mlk_man wrote:
Yes it does Rolo, it's called "my new system". :PLet me input the numbers and see what I get. :^
WhoooOOOooo! Is it NEW and IMPROVED!?

Do tell....

tsptalk
11-22-2004, 09:10 AM
tsptalk wrote:
But since I brought it up, I bought GOOG @ 167.65 and BEAS @ 8.29.
THat worked out well, not. :U Sold them.

Rolo
11-22-2004, 02:22 PM
BEA Systems has an office right here!

hehehehe...I can't believe you bought Google. :dah:

:)

Oil tanker stocks are seriously afloat...I am entertaining the thought of buying them again, namely TNP, VLCCF, or NAT.

tsptalk
11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Rolo wrote:
hehehehe...I can't believe you bought Google. :dah:

I got lucky and boughtGoogle just before they reportedearnings last month, and held most of it untilit started tofall off it's highs just over 200 (sold @ 188 on the way down). I've been trading it from the long and short sideoften (like TASR) since the fall off started, making some money, giving some back, but once it fills the gap around 153 (assuming it does), I'm getting long again.

They are everywhere on the internet now. Seems like every site uses their Adwords and AdSense services. They are making big bucks and I believe they are going to be the leaders for some time. I think their projected earnings for next yearare like $4 a share. Over priced? Maybe. But they are growing faster than anyone out there.

Rolo
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
No doubt, GOOG is awesome. I wanted to miss the feeding frenzy, though.

TASR bounced back up, +5% so far today. It looks like it bounced off of a new support line.

I bought some VLCCF, looks promising. I do not know how long I will hold it...it broke out of a nice W yesterday...I'll sell it when it loses momentum in the run-up (assuming it does run-up, heh).

[line]

I am really having a tough time deciding when to add to my SIRI position. This run-up is insane! It's 50% top shadow has me thinking that it will level off/pull back for a while, but the ungodly volume has me questioning that. Comments from the technical gallery?

[line]

I am only margining a little...I don't need to be fully margined right now...buying a house and that whole capital preservation thing. Darn, I wanted to live on the edge. Ho Ho Ho!

Rolo
11-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Here's what I'm talking about. Should I wait or is now "better late than never"?

tsptalk
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Rolo wrote:
Here's what I'm talking about. Should I wait or is now "better late than never"?

I think there are better choices or there will be a better time to add. You'd be chasing at this point.

No doubt, GOOG is awesome.
GOOG is up almost $10 to 177 in after hours trading, and I'm out. :( Goldman Sachs just gave it a 215 target.

Rolo
11-24-2004, 12:12 AM
tsptalk wrote:
I think there are better choices or there will be a better time to add. You'd be chasing at this point.

How funny: I JUST read another thread here that talked about patience vs. chasing and I thought of my SIRI dilemma. Good advice!

Ima wait til it goes into a flat base (or cup/bowl) and double my position then. I am curious how the January effect will affect it, though; it certainly did last year.

tsptalk wrote:
GOOG is up almost $10 to 177 in after hours trading, and I'm out. :( Goldman Sachs just gave it a 215 target.

You gettin' back in? I may look at that.

tsptalk
11-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Rolo wrote:
You gettin' back in? I may look at that. [GOOG]

You know I hated that the double bottom didn't hold at 165. It's doing a little downtrend thing now. It will at best come back to 168 (the gap from yesterdat. But it may still fill that 153 gap from when earnings were announced last week. Makes me a but nervous rught now. Watching right now.

11-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Rolo wrote:

Today may be your chance Rolo...............

Rolo
11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
This topic is forked. :D

GOOG: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/view_topic.php?id=728&forum_id=32

SIRI: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/forum32/733.html

tsptalk
11-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Rolo wrote:

As you probably saw Rolo, SIRI filled it's gap Wednesday. May start up again. But there is another small gap just under $5 (Nov 18 - Nov 19).