PDA

View Full Version : Dchev327

dchev327
12-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Ok I need some information on TSP moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I moved 25% of my money on the 5 Dec to the S fund. On the 8th I moved it back to the G fund (ONE MOVE). I tried to move money to the S fund on the 12th and guess what I couldn't move it because they said I had already had two moves. I check the 11th balance distribution sheet and it showed me having .38% in the C fund and .38% in the S fund on the 12th same sheet it should .44% C and .45% S. I didn't move the money so any ideas. Thanks (douglas.barnes@Thanks)

nnuut
12-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Dchev327 welcome to the Message Board. Appears to me that your move to the "S" on the 5th counted as one move the move back to the "G" on the 8th counted as number 2. Now you are stuck with exception of unlimited moves to the "G". I can't explain why your balance is different than what you think it should be. I always save a copy of each move I make on my computer, that way I have a record. Best of luck with your investments!
Norman:D

Show-me
12-16-2008, 07:06 AM
That was two moves, one to the S and one to the G. Thank you Tracy Ray and Greg Long.

Gumby
12-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Ok I need some information on TSP moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I moved 25% of my money on the 5 Dec to the S fund. On the 8th I moved it back to the G fund (ONE MOVE). I tried to move money to the S fund on the 12th and guess what I couldn't move it because they said I had already had two moves. I check the 11th balance distribution sheet and it showed me having .38% in the C fund and .38% in the S fund on the 12th same sheet it should .44% C and .45% S. I didn't move the money so any ideas. Thanks
Did you have a payroll contribution? into C & S funds after the 12th?
Did you have an email sent to you for the IFT change. Of all the computer systems the TSP has, I don't understand why they cannot have your IFT's stored on line which show what funds were transferred to and when.

Frixxxx
12-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Did you have a payroll contribution? into C & S funds after the 12th?
Did you have an email sent to you for the IFT change. Of all the computer systems the TSP has, I don't understand why they cannot have your IFT's stored on line which show what funds were transferred to and when.
Excellent point Gumby, Maybe they could add a status/transfer count to the site so people actually "SEE" all of their transactions.:cool:

Hey FRTIB board, cause I know you're watching, put that in your meeting minutes!

tsptalk
12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome dchev327! I think they covered it. Welcome to the board, and to the world of interfund transfer limits. Thousands of us fought for you, but unfortunately we lost the IFT battle.