PDA

View Full Version : (CFC) combined federal campaign

Callme_CO
11-12-2008, 09:08 AM
My work is offering to let us donate to any campaign in this program. Anybody else do this? can i claim it on my tax's?

Frixxxx
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
My work is offering to let us donate to any campaign in this program. Anybody else do this? can i claim it on my tax's?
Yes you can! All charitable gifts are tax deductible....I think it goes up to 10% of income! Someone way smarter than me can tell you the exact number!:blink:

XL-entLady
11-12-2008, 10:56 AM

Yes you can! All charitable gifts are tax deductible....I think it goes up to 10% of income! Someone way smarter than me can tell you the exact number!:blink:
All charitable gifts are tax deductible up to a percentage of your adjusted gross income if you itemize your deductions, but you'd better have proof for any large amounts. The amount of the deduction depends on what the gift is (cash, vehicles, paintings, etc., etc.), and for money it is 50% of your adjusted gross. I don't work for the IRS, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it goes.

You can donate to any of the programs listed in your CFC campaign literature, or you can write in another charitable cause if it is not in your brochure. If you have not already decided which cause you would like to support, may I suggest that you consider the American Syringomyelia Alliance Project?

Lady

Callme_CO
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
what do they do?

XL-entLady
11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
If you have not already decided which cause you would like to support, may I suggest that you consider the American Syringomyelia Alliance Project?

Lady

what do they do?
American Syringomyelia Alliance Project (ASAP) provides research dollars and patient support for a rare neurological disorder called syringomyelia. The disorder and ASAP can both be googled if you'd like further information. :)

Lady