PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Candy Recalls

Rod
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
This one is verified to be true:

From an email:

Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the ingredient in milk product that has caused many infant (and dog) deaths in china. These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores.

Verified Source:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

God Bless:)

Buster
10-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Now..where exactly can you get these candies?....:rolleyes:

Guest2
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
I can remember growing up and Razor Blades were found in Apples.
Tough town ! My parents said they'd rather go to the store and buy
us candy. In todays world, we can't even do that safely. Geeeez !:mad:

Frixxxx
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
We give out Halloween pencils and knick-knacks. The candy thing is just too dangerous. Most of the kids dig the stuff anyway. I think their parents take away most of the candy anyway.

Side note: I hate Halloween on Friday nights!!!!!

Buster: That Pumpkin needs to be on a diet, stay away from the candies!!!!!!

Buster
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Note on my door:

Dear kids..I don't contribute to tooth decay...now get off my porch!

CountryBoy
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Note on my door:

That's why it's called Trick or Treat. :D

CB

ChemEng
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
My wife has meticulously wrapped 30 packages with various candy in small cellophane sacks and tied each off with a decorative ribbon. After that, she realzed we didn't have a serving dish that is appropriate enough to serve such treats and went out to by a Halloween serving plate--which I was surprised to find they make.

Ive never seen someone is so ready to stand outside with her serving dish with our 10 month son in his Yoda costume. But its nice to see her smile about it now that everything is "perfect."

Frixxxx
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
That's why it's called Trick or Treat. :D

CB
SOUNDS LIKE EXTORTION TO ME!!!!!!!:suspicious:

Buster
10-29-2008, 01:50 PM
My wife has meticulously wrapped 30 packages with various candy in small cellophane sacks and tied each off with a decorative ribbon. After that, she realzed we didn't have a serving dish that is appropriate enough to serve such treats and went out to by a Halloween serving plate--which I was surprised to find they make.

Ive never seen someone is so ready to stand outside with her serving dish with our 10 month son in his Yoda costume. But its nice to see her smile about it now that everything is "perfect."
Sounds like she's a wonderful caring woman..but honestly, is 30 kids all you expect?..I bet a 1000 will swarm my house before it's all over..:blink:

CountryBoy
10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
SOUNDS LIKE EXTORTION TO ME!!!!!!!:suspicious:

You mean you never did anything mischevious growing up as a boy? :( I'm sorry maybe you didn't and I'm sorry for bringing it up.

CB

James48843
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Note on my door:

The kids at Buster's house then came back an hour later....

http://minibytes.mondominishows.com/poo/main.asp?affil=email

Frixxxx
10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
You mean you never did anything mischevious growing up as a boy? :( I'm sorry maybe you didn't and I'm sorry for bringing it up.

CB
:laugh: um...yes, and sometimes I'm accused of doing mischevious now:laugh:

BTW, Did I tell you that I'm originally from OHIO???

Guest2
10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
The kids at Buster's house then came back an hour later....

Eggs, soap and toilet paper in hand.! I have fond memories of Halloween
as a child. Its not extortion. Its a community based tradition. Don't be a
Grumpy Old Poop and make a child smile for goodness sakes. Oh yes, Happy Halloween ! :nuts:

Buster
10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
as a child. Its not extortion. Its a community based tradition. Don't be a
Grumpy Old Poop and make a child smile for goodness sakes. Oh yes, Happy Halloween ! :nuts:
Oh hell..I go all out for the little hobgoblins..I bet I spent $100.00 on candy and stuff tonight...Look out..I have a few tricks up my sleeve as well...:laugh::D

Rod
10-29-2008, 10:16 PM
as a child.

And LOTSA corn! Have you ever heard of "corning" someone's yard???

At least that's what we did in Indiana!:D

I stopped TRT'ing in about the 6th grade and became an aspiring entrepreneur by turning our basement into a haunted house. I was pretty good at that kinda thing and kept it going through High School. I made as much as $50 a night, charging .50 admission. I ran it about 3 nights every Halloween. Some folks commented that it was better than the city's haunted house.:cool:

CountryBoy
10-30-2008, 05:24 AM
:laugh: um...yes, and sometimes I'm accused of doing mischevious now:laugh:

BTW, Did I tell you that I'm originally from OHIO???

No you didn't, you sure are a long way from home. Been gone long? :)

CB

Guest2
10-30-2008, 07:39 AM
And LOTSA corn! Have you ever heard of "corning" someone's yard???

At least that's what we did in Indiana!:D

I stopped TRT'ing in about the 6th grade and became an aspiring entrepreneur by turning our basement into a haunted house. I was pretty good at that kinda thing and kept it going through High School. I made as much as $50 a night, charging .50 admission. I ran it about 3 nights every Halloween. Some folks commented that it was better than the city's haunted house.:cool:

Isn't that where they Tip Cows ? Heck, if cows can serve a meal that
well, I guess I'd give'm a good Tip too. At least 15% :nuts:

Haunted Houses are sooooo Cool. But I guess it could become addictive
and expensive over time. Still, its something you never forget as a kid.
Good Stuff ! ;)

Buster
10-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Isn't that where they Tip Cows ?

I use to tip cow pies..looking for magic mushrooms.....oops wrong forum..my bad:rolleyes::cool:

Frixxxx
10-30-2008, 10:45 AM
No you didn't, you sure are a long way from home. Been gone long? :)

CB
Been away since '88, Air Force gig and now Civil servant. Still do the reserves thing.

CountryBoy
10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Been away since '88, Air Force gig and now Civil servant. Still do the reserves thing.

Wow, 20 years I guess makes you pretty much a SoCal boy. And thanks for your service. We can never be appreciative enough for the sacrifices ya'll made for our rights, that we can freely express. :D

CB

Frixxxx
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Wow, 20 years I guess makes you pretty much a SoCal boy. And thanks for your service. We can never be appreciative enough for the sacrifices ya'll made for our rights, that we can freely express. :D

CB
Thanks, I didn't make it to Cali until '99. Trying to position my Civil Service career to get back East. The weather is great out here but it's funny to watch people stand in AWE when it rains.

Miss the snow though. Hopefully I can get back there and knock off this work thing.:nuts:

CountryBoy
10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I didn't make it to Cali until '99. Trying to position my Civil Service career to get back East. The weather is great out here but it's funny to watch people stand in AWE when it rains.

Miss the snow though. Hopefully I can get back there and knock off this work thing.:nuts:

Yeah I do enjoy the change of seasons, standing in awe of the rain reminds of a girl that worked for a Fed Agency in Albuquerque, NM, I met at a seminar in DC and she just kept going on about how green everything was. She was so used to just seeing brown.

GL in getting back to your old stomping grounds. I'll stay around here when I retire, hopefully about Sept 2013, the good Lord willing and the crik don't rise. :D

CB