PDA

View Full Version : 50$ Off A Kindle!

XL-entLady
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi gang,

I'm on the road but just had to share the news I just found out, so I wrangled some internet use to post this.

Do you know what a Kindle is? If you're a bookworm, you probably do. I asked Santa for one for Christmas. I've been a very, very good girl! :embarrest: :laugh:

I just found out that Amazon and Oprah have combined to offer a deal that get's you $50 off the $359 price of a Kindle if you order before November 1. When you order it, when checking out use the promotional code OPRAHWINFREY to get $50 off and a free best seller. :cool:

Got to run. Happy reading!

Lady

Rod
10-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanx for the info. But, I could never buy one because I simply love the smell of a new book... old ones too!

Yeah, call me weird.:D

XL-entLady
10-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi gang,

I'm on the road but just had to share the news I just found out, so I wrangled some internet use to post this.

Do you know what a Kindle is? If you're a bookworm, you probably do. I asked Santa for one for Christmas. I've been a very, very good girl! :embarrest: :laugh:

I just found out that Amazon and Oprah have combined to offer a deal that get's you $50 off the $359 price of a Kindle if you order before November 1. When you order it, when checking out use the promotional code OPRAHWINFREY to get $50 off and a free best seller. :cool:

Got to run. Happy reading!

Lady

I posted this last weekend, not sure folks saw it. If you're interested in electronic books and have the cash it might be something to consider. (But don't spend seed corn money on it!)

Mine has been shipped and in enroute. Can't wait to get home from this business trip and get my hands on it! Got to run!

Y'all take care,
Lady

ChemEng
10-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Ive been considering one of these for awhile to consolidate the national newspapers I read into 1 tablet. It may be time for an early birthday/christmas present to myself. :)

ChemEng
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
This thing is amazing. Its incredibly well designed and engineered--like the iPod for books. I didn't think that it was possible for something to let me read more, but this is it.

Problem is now that its caught my wife's eye... :D

XL-entLady
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
This thing is amazing. Its incredibly well designed and engineered--like the iPod for books. I didn't think that it was possible for something to let me read more, but this is it.

Problem is now that its caught my wife's eye... :D
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Mine didn't arrive at my home until after I had already left on my business trip, so I haven't been able to play with it yet. I can hardly wait to get home and get my hands on it! :)

Lady

ChemEng
11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Mine didn't arrive at my home until after I had already left on my business trip, so I haven't been able to play with it yet. I can hardly wait to get home and get my hands on it! :)

LadyI have a feeling that you're going to like it.

The big thing is getting used to the adjustable text size. Reading printed text has always made my eyes tired from the focusing on the small text. Even in good lighting with my contacts in, it would be bothersome after an hour or two. With this, I can just increase the font size and the eye strain never appears.

It works great for books, but I'm still getting used to using it to replace newspapers. The formatting is taking some getting used to. But I still really like the idea that I can carry my 2 national papers and pleasure reading with me in one device that's smaller than any one of them individually.

Amazing stuff.