PDA

View Full Version : Got tired of waiting for the Billy Goats Gruff

PessOptimist
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Only been looking at this forum since 29 Sep (wonder why that date?)

Decided to join and not get pegged as a lurker or worse a Norse mythological creature hanging out under a bridge.

I have been contributing the max to the TSP since eligible in the late 90's. Haven't been proactive at all except to stop putting 100% in C fund at some point after 2002. Went to 40 G fund, 30 F fund and 30 C fund.

I believe I am like most members of the TSP and did not pay attention, even after I lost more money than I was putting in for a while. When I decided to get active I found I had lost my PIN and had to request a password by snail mail. Since then I let it ride through 9 and 10 Oct. Now what? Who knows.

I work for a small and neglected agency of one of the departments. Not a GS or WG but a WB. Got 11 years in now and thought I could retire at any time under agency rules, though at a reduced amount. FERS you know. Now I realize I gotta go to 65 or older. So time to get a little more agressive with the investments including, of course, TSP.

James48843
10-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome Aboard.

Glad to have you here. There are a lot of helpful people here, and we all explore different ideas. Each person has their own goals, and approach to investing. I hope you find this a warm and welcoming place, and that you meet your goals.

Again, welcome aboard, and make yourself at home. We left some soda in the fridge, if you'd like to, feel free to help yourself.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Show-me
10-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Welcome and glad to see ya post.

nnuut
10-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Welcome PessOptimist and best of luck.
Norman:D

Frixxxx
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome Pessoptimist

Read the information here and learn what makes you comfortable in the investing world. Don't rely on any ONE person to make your decisions. You must make them on your own, lest you may find yourself at the end of a line to nowhere.:cool:

tsptalk
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Welcome PessOptimist!!

EW_ret
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.