PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dferrell
10-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this site for over two years now, but only looking at it to try and learn about the stocks and the market. I just retired from active duty after 3 trips to the sand box, and now this site and my TSP account are one of the most important sites for me. Never understood the fustration with the limited IFT for everyone, but I sure do now! Have seen my TSP falling, and just wonder what everyone thought about going all G or just holding on for a little while longer?

James48843
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Welcome home.

If you are asking should you move to G or stay in stocks- I don't think anyone here will be willing to offer advice to you on where you should put your money- we're still in shock around here this week.

From my perspective, we're already down in a week larger than I have ever seen in my lifetime and then some. So for me, it's already much too late for safety, so I will be riding it out.

Good luck, and welcome home.

Birchtree
10-10-2008, 09:40 AM
If you are in the G fund now is the time to step in front of the train and get something that will appreciate. You are looking at five year lows and the potential at this point is in your favor and golden. The next leg of the mega trend secular bull market has to be around the corner and will take off when least expected.

nnuut
10-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the Message Board dferrell, be careful out there.
Norman:D

Frixxxx
10-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Because everyone is different and their opinions so diversified. My personal opinion is if your in...STAY!

You already bought the shares and they will appreciate over time.

Time is your friend!

Thank you for your service and sacrifice

Welcome to the boards and good luck!:cool:

Fivetears
10-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Stalking us all for two years... hmmm? :D :laugh:

JOVARN
10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
As I see it. The primary question to ask is; will the basic fundamentals of the financial stock market system remain in place when this all washes out.
If you think so, then the age old practice of buying low and selling high remains the mantra for investing.

If you believe the system will be dismantled, then it would be prudent to pull out your cash and burry it in the back yard until the new system is evaluated.

I believe American cooperate greed will force this market to re-bound and the rich will get super rich in the process just as in the past. We can only hope to catch a small piece of that.

I believe this market collapse is the work of the puppet masters. Those of you who have been on this board in years past can explain that.

My last 30% is being moved into the C&I fund today
Good luck

Fivetears
10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Truth.

tsptalk
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome dferrell!!

Gumby
10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome dferrell and good luck investing.

EW_ret
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.