PDA

View Full Version : AIG and where your bailout dollars went

James48843
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
You heard by now that AIG's executives threw a party at the exclusive Monica Beach Resort right after the $85 billion dollar tax-payer funded bailout.

Where your taxpayer money went- $440,000 for fun and games, including $23,380 for spa treatments in one spa, and $1,488 for another? PLus, $6939 for golf.

Here is the actual invoice:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1007083aig1.html

Enjoy.

Steadygain
10-08-2008, 11:31 AM
James,
You are one of the best, and I honestly admire you.

THEY live in a world unlike anything we've ever known and that is a lifestyle meant for only the privileged few. This is essentially the end of a long and wonderful road for these guys - so they went out with a bash and totally in a style that only the few could honestly appreciate and enjoy. Where they go and how they spend their remaining fortune is likely far from anything most of us could even dream or imagine.

In the long run who is really better off: Those who live simply and honestly know what it means to hurt for others and to find real love and lasting meaningful relationships...or those who live only for themselves with little to no regard for others.

Silverbird
10-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Like I said on another thread on this, the FBI now has a whole covey to squeeze that have insider information on the lending mess. They have served themselves up on a silver platter (or perhaps a massage table). After all, if the Fed is asked for the paperwork, they will comply with the proper officials. New breed, the AIG bird. Singing at an investigation near you.

Steadygain
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
James,
You are one of the best, and I honestly admire you.

THEY live in a world unlike anything we've ever known and that is a lifestyle meant for only the privileged few. This is essentially the end of a long and wonderful road for these guys - so they went out with a bash and totally in a style that only the few could honestly appreciate and enjoy. Where they go and how they spend their remaining fortune is likely far from anything most of us could even dream or imagine.

In the long run who is really better off: Those who live simply and honestly know what it means to hurt for others and to find real love and lasting meaningful relationships...or those who live only for themselves with little to no regard for others.

If (by some miricle) I could do this without the slightest trace of guilt and be in total abandoment to the amount that's being spent; and know for certain it's totally a free package with no strings...

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE 3 DAY WEEKEND TO LIVE LIKE THIS...MAYBE EVEN ONE WHOLE WEEK

But that's it...then return to 'normal' and simply have that experience to reflect on over the years.