PDA

View Full Version : Help

dferrell
10-08-2008, 05:16 AM
I just retired from the military, and decided to keep the money in my TSP account and not roll it over to my new employers 401K. My question is, since I am currently not contributing any monies to the TSP because I am no longer a government employee, are there limits on inter-fund transfers for me? I want to go 100% G due to the markets volatility, but want the option to get back in the game when things settle down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest2
10-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I just retired from the military, and decided to keep the money in my TSP account and not roll it over to my new employers 401K. My question is, since I am currently not contributing any monies to the TSP because I am no longer a government employee, are there limits on inter-fund transfers for me? I want to go 100% G due to the markets volatility, but want the option to get back in the game when things settle down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to give you a general answer in hopes that someone (x-Mil) will
step in to confirm. THE LIMITS APPLY TO ALL TSP PARTICIPANTS. If you
haven't used any in October yet, you can move two more times. Once
into the (G) and another into the market. Back to the (G) after that.

WELCOME TO OUR HOME !

Frixxxx
10-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm going to give you a general answer in hopes that someone (x-Mil) will
step in to confirm. THE LIMITS APPLY TO ALL TSP PARTICIPANTS. If you
haven't used any in October yet, you can move two more times. Once
into the (G) and another into the market. Back to the (G) after that.

WELCOME TO OUR HOME !
Absolutely correct SB! You win a cigar!:cool:

Guest2
10-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Absolutely correct SB! You win a cigar!:cool:

Puff-Puff-Pass :nuts:

Zebra
10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I want to thank you for your military service and sacrfices!

Jacko
10-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Here is what I understand about TSP contributions. You can contribute to the TSP until 70 1/2 years old OR until you make a withdrawal, whichever comes first. I'm retired civil service and continue to transfer my IRA accounts to the TSP yearly because of the flexibility of the TSP. Once you make a withdrawal you must continue withdrawing at a set amount (however small) determind by you until you reach 70 1/2 years. When you reach 70 1/2 years the TSP will determine your minimum withdrawal amounts determined by your TSP balance and actuary tables. No more deposits are allowed once a withdrawal is made.