PDA

View Full Version : McBama Debate

fabijo
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
They're both doing pretty bad right now.

Is it me, or does McCain sound like he's losing breath and shaky?

fabijo
10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
And please. Listen to both of them talking about earmarks. Didn't they both vote yes on a bill for Mental Health, which was actually this Emergency Economic Stabilization Act?

turbo23dog
10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I did hear that. Sounded out of breath. It was right at the point he was throwing mud at Obama. I'm getting tired of the mud slinging. Seems like that's all McCain has left.

fabijo
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm getting tired of the mud slinging. Seems like that's all McCain has left.

That's all he's doing. It's pretty crazy.

By the way, did anyone catch when Obama said that we need to coordinate with other countries financially? Sounds like a plan to get closer to a world currency. N.A.U.? ;)

McDuck
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Is it me, or does McCain sound like he's losing breath and shaky?

It's you.

ChemEng
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
It's you.Listen again. He was definitely breathing hard from about 25 minutes onward.

What was with McCain calling Obama "that one"? He did it 2 or 3 times throughout the night. As a plus, Im glad to hear that McCain pronounces Nuclear with 1 "u" instead of using the neocons dialect with 2. Since when did he want to rewrite mortgages based on current values? I can't imagine how much more money that is going to cost...

Obama wasn't on the top of his game at this one either. And if it weren't for the opportunities created to counter the blatant McCain misrepresentations, I don't think that he did nearly as good a job as the previous debate.

I didn't enjoy this format as much as I did the previous debate. The lack of interaction was very artificial given how much they wanted to interact. I really want to see a debate style boxing match between the 2. They both want it. Hopefully next week will bring something close.

ATCJeff
10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
The debate was terrible. I blame Tom Borkaw for his question selection. Out of 80 people in the town-hall, there had to be more interesting questions submitted.

What a waste of time.

fabijo
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
It's you.

:laugh: Thanks.

fabijo
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
The debate was terrible. I blame Tom Borkaw for his question selection. Out of 80 people in the town-hall, there had to be more interesting questions submitted.

What a waste of time.

Yep. How about that question from someone, asking about whether we will respect Pakistan's sovereignty or will we invade their borders like we did with Cambodia during Vietnam. I was certain she didn't come up with that question! Did you see how intently she had to read it? If it was such an important question to her, wouldn't she at least have an idea of what she was asking? Who in the world would ask that kind of question? The purpose of that question was to put in your mind that we've mixed borders before, so it's supposed to normalize it in the public's mind.

Tempest
10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Snoozefest. Well what do you expect only time McCain going to be exciting is when he chases kids off the lawn from one of his 9 homes ("Hey you kids! Yeah you! I'm talking to you....). One of those types of mean old men always looking out the window -angry-while your playing some ball game in the street in front of his house.
Heck the Palin speech yesterday when the audience had a bit too much knock wurst and beer and looked like they were ready to burn some books in a bonfire was more enlightening.
Speaking of.....
... here's a howler-a golden oldie guaranteed to make you crack a smile and wonder what they were thinking. Who needs Tina Fey when thye real thing is 3 times funnier.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nokTjEdaUGg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nokTjEdaUGg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

McDuck
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Snoozefest. Well what do you expect only time McCain going to be exciting is when he chases kids off the lawn from one of his 9 homes ("Hey you kids! Yeah you! I'm talking to you....). One of those types of mean old men always looking out the window -angry-while your playing some ball game in the street in front of his house.

Please post your address and city here.
We'll send 50 screaming, ill-mannered kids to come hang-out in your yard and in the street out front. You might change your opinion.

We'll also pay your next door neighbors to board some non-obedience-trained dogs in their fenced-in backyard so they can bark at all hours of the day and night.

Steadygain
10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Yep. How about that question from someone, asking about whether we will respect Pakistan's sovereignty or will we invade their borders like we did with Cambodia during Vietnam. I was certain she didn't come up with that question! Did you see how intently she had to read it? If it was such an important question to her, wouldn't she at least have an idea of what she was asking? Who in the world would ask that kind of question? The purpose of that question was to put in your mind that we've mixed borders before, so it's supposed to normalize it in the public's mind.

I thought it was an excellent question and 100% meant to reflect reality and the American Mentalitiy.

I took her question to mean: 'Will you blatantly disreguard the property and culture of a population different from our own and seek to destory them (even in total disregard of Internationl Approval - or with clearance from the Security Counsil)

OUR FUTURE PRESIDENT made it clear. We will destoy the one we should have destoyed to begin with (and his organization). We will work in co-operation with Pakistan; but if their government is unwilling (or not able) to end this matter - THEN WE WILL GO IN AND FINISH IT OFF.

Praise to Obama - perhaps the first REAL PRESIDENT who is willing to make the changes we so desperately need.

Tempest
10-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I thought it was an excellent question and 100% meant to reflect reality and the American Mentalitiy.

I took her question to mean: 'Will you blatantly disreguard the property and culture of a population different from our own and seek to destory them (even in total disregard of Internationl Approval - or with clearance from the Security Counsil)

OUR FUTURE PRESIDENT made it clear. We will destoy the one we should have destoyed to begin with (and his organization). We will work in co-operation with Pakistan; but if their government is unwilling (or not able) to end this matter - THEN WE WILL GO IN AND FINISH IT OFF.

Praise to Obama - perhaps the first REAL PRESIDENT who is willing to make the changes we so desperately need.

Go in?

Well unlike Cambodia they (Pakistan) do have Nukes and I'm sure India would have something to say about it being that they may be downwind.
And being that Pakistan is also aligned and gets a great deal of aid from China (you remember them don't you?)....

And the Saudis-who pump a lot of oil for Europe and Japan and see
themselves aligned to a fellow Muslim nation (Pakistan) and are acting as negotiators/brokers between the Taliban and Karzai/US coalition currently (that has been in the news lately covered over by the stock news) I'm sure our friends the Saudi's would just love that move as would all the American military warehouse foreman and air base managers who help maintain our logistics tale based there.

And going into Cambodia was a bright idea cause that solved that problem. Right?

Doesn't anyone think anymore.
:rolleyes:

Steadygain
10-08-2008, 09:55 AM
And going into Cambodia was a bright idea cause that solved that problem. Right?

Doesn't anyone think anymore.
:rolleyes:

THANK YOU for making my day !! :)

It's the first good laugh I've had in a while.

We do think - but we think in a Brain Washed manner - that we are better than them - that we have the right to pick and choose our enemies (especially if they occupy land or resources we want) and then we can use the Media to paint whatever picture we want.

To really think requires us to strip off the molds that shape how society believes and regards one another. To really think means we have to be willing to see in a light that does not confine us to black and white races; to Rep or Dem; to male or female; to short or tall; to Christian or Non Christian; to the hearing impaired or those with perfect pitch...

It is only in this manner that Einstein was able to see what no one else could see. It is only in this manner that we can think and that our thinking can actually conform with reality.

JTH
10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Let the great McBama debate continue. All of this reteric is nothing more then a waste of internet space.

Regardless of who wins, we are screwed for the next 4 years... :mad:

Steadygain
10-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Regardless of who wins, we are screwed for the next 4 years... :mad:

Time will tell...

The general outlook sees the Bush Administration as responsible for conditions that EVERYONE IS FORCED TO ACKNOWLEDGE... (right or wrong it makes no difference other than being a fluke Obama advantage)

My daughter (10th grade) and wife (who never looks at the TSP or other long range Investments) are taking about the "Huge Dives" the Markets have taken. This is very unusual for them and honestly does make me feel "Wow, where am I"???

In this same light - The next year is likely a FOUNDATION BUILDING and the following 3 will likely be extremely good years. In this sense I'd agree "it makes no difference" - whoever is President will likely get the credit and as long as the Economy is growing and strong everyone will be happy.

Silverbird
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Whoever has the next 4 years is in for a hard time. Inaction is not going to be acceptable. It does make a difference this time.

ChemEng
10-08-2008, 11:36 AM
The next year is likely a FOUNDATION BUILDING and the following 3 will likely be extremely good years. If it works for football, then it must work for the economy. :D