PDA

View Full Version : New

TradingJoe
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Hello - I have been reading through TSP Talk msg. board from time to time for about a year. I find this site very useful and inspirational, especially during this difficult financial time. Really neat folks on this board and hope to learn more from the experienced ones. I would like to understand more about those P&F charts. BTW, my TSP account has been down about 7% YTD since end of Sept. (did better than C fund). I was in G fund most of September. I jumped in October 1 and 2 thinking we we done with Sept. selling, the upcoming elections, etc. Now getting nailed very badly due to the past 5 horrible trading days of Oct.

These limited IFTs are killing me (burned through 2 already). I know I am not alone. If I jump to G - I could miss the rally or on the flipside I could end up losing even more $ just like in June 2008. These IFT restrictions do more harm in times like this.

I think a rate cut will turn things around for the short term, but it has to be now so that we can take advantage of the rally back to 1160 (its a long way up) before the earnings come out at the end of October - who knows what that will be like. Will Oct. yield a positive return? Good luck everyone. :)

Gumby
10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Will Oct. yield a positive return?

We might have a rally toward the end of the month due to the election.....but I say October will be down.:blink:
I am all in and holding on........:nuts:

Show-me
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Welcome and good luck!

Guest2
10-07-2008, 09:30 PM
4Runner, thanks for coming aboard and Welcome ! ;)

tsptalk
10-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Welcome 4Runner!!

poolman
10-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Welcome 4runner...We are in very unusual times...

Good Luck :)

EW_ret
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.