PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to All of Us!

Miss_Piggy
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
With all the recent posts and threads re: the Presidential Election, the Debates and the Bailout, we deserve an acknowledgement for our civil discussions. Given all of our strong feelings on the various political issues, I think we have been great in curbing disrespectful, negative and offensive posts.

I’ve been on the board for awhile and have been turned off when the threads get too negative and pejorative as they have frequently in the past.

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you.

TO ALL OF US!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj217/mptsp/smileys/congrats/hifive.gif

PS Do you agree Moderators and Tom?

Steadygain
10-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Miss Piggy,
I started off awkwardly - and completely out of place (when I first began here)

Not only the Election, the Debates, and Bailouts...but the changes of having Ebb n Flow, Trader Fred and unlimited IFTs to paying and getting restricted to the 2 IFTs...with many having to resort to snail mail and a lot of things still come under fire.

With all of this going on during the most difficult year in ages I wondered if many would abandon the site. The Family has changed over the year with many new members taking the forefront but many of the older ones (including Moderators) are still around. I believe it's become a real and meaningful home to many.

I think we've done incredibly well and I've personally noticed the warmness and respect taking a more dominant theme.

Rod
10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Speaking on behalf of all Mods and Tom- yes, we do believe we have a great bunch of civilzed folks.

Thank you for making our jobs much easier, and tolerable.

Show-me
10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I would not be here if it was not for the great people. We have learned a lot from each other and the debates are wonderful.

poolman
10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I would not be here if it was not for the great people. We have learned a lot from each other and the debates are wonderful.

Yes They are Show-me,

You are a valuable piece to the equation...:)

Guest2
10-03-2008, 07:17 PM
MissPiggy, Steady, Poolman, Rod & Show

With so much darkness surrounding the decisions we make with concerns
to our Investments (I've been more wrong then right) and the reality that
life can be shorter then we think (friends and family dropping like flies), your
eliquent words of inspiration light up a room, a thread and our thoughts
which are not often shared. Someone on the MB took note of a change
in the content of posts, when IFT's are released from bondage. I took a
moment to think why such could have been possible. Several meaningful
conclusions came to mind. But one stood out among the obvious. The
group experience on a equal playing field, seeking a sometimes ellusive
goal stood out. As current and former Government Employees, I believe
we want to be included in this effort as that is what we have done for
so many years. We bring our differences, intelligence and strong sense
of togetherness to this Message Board. Some go, some can't let go. I
for one, am greatful to be a part of such a unique experience and wish
to extend my gratitude to those who allow me to participate. :embarrest:

With that said; I must hurry to my update as duty calls, yet again. ;)

Rod
10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
MissPiggy, Steady, Poolman, Rod & Show

With so much darkness surrounding the decisions we make with concerns
to our Investments (I've been more wrong then right) and the reality that
life can be shorter then we think (friends and family dropping like flies), your
eliquent words of inspiration light up a room, a thread and our thoughts
which are not often shared. Someone on the MB took note of a change
in the content of posts, when IFT's are released from bondage. I took a
moment to think why such could have been possible. Several meaningful
conclusions came to mind. But one stood out among the obvious. The
group experience on a equal playing field, seeking a sometimes ellusive
goal stood out. As current and former Government Employees, I believe
we want to be included in this effort as that is what we have done for
so many years. We bring our differences, intelligence and strong sense
of togetherness to this Message Board. Some go, some can't let go. I
for one, am greatful to be a part of such a unique experience and wish
to extend my gratitude to those who allow me to participate. :embarrest:

With that said; I must hurry to my update as duty calls, yet again. ;)

Nicely said.:)

James48843
10-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Call this phone number:

(603) 413-4133.

It's worth it.

tsptalk
10-03-2008, 09:26 PM
PS Do you agree Moderators and Tom?
Absolutely, Miss Piggy! Thanks to everyone for making this board so pleasant and civil!

We knew we were taking a chance with the political threads, but everyone has handled it with courtesy, respect, and some levity at times. It's been great!

CountryBoy
10-04-2008, 06:59 AM
I agree Miss Piggy,

We have a lot of great folks and Mods here and with all that has been going on I think we've done a good job keeping things civil. The only thing that hasn't been civil is the markets. :nuts:

CB

Miss_Piggy
10-04-2008, 09:28 AM
And the Congress Congratulates Themselves

y0_e-1QZOBs

McDuck
10-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Since this thread is titled "Congratulations to All of Us!"

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/APTOPIX_OJ_Simpson.sff_NVJH117_20081004080513.jpg

O.J. Simpson is taken into custody after being found guilty on all 12 charges, including felony kidnapping, armed robbery and conspiracy at the Clark County Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas on Friday, Oct. 3, 2008. The verdict comes thirteen years to the day after he was acquitted of double murder charges.

McDuck
10-04-2008, 11:03 AM

I find you having this sig that is displayed at every time you post to be disrespectful, negative and offensive

Gumby
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Since this thread is titled "Congratulations to All of Us!"

O.J. Simpson is taken into custody after being found guilty on all 12 charges, including felony kidnapping, armed robbery and conspiracy at the Clark County Regional Justice Center in Las Vegas on Friday, Oct. 3, 2008. The verdict comes thirteen years to the day after he was acquitted of double murder charges.

A jury of his Peers?

9 women and 3 men on the jury. They couldn't have sat a better group to hear the case. Do you think the women on the jury made a difference? OJ's attorneys will certainly appeal. Hopefully, it will not matter. OJ is finally going to get what was coming to him.

Steadygain
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
OJ will likely be 'targeted for being black' not because he was a man found to be involved in wrong doing. In his defense his lawyers will likely contend that the system was largely stacked against him; and that many circumstances beyond his control 'literally forced him to act in an irrational manner'...and it will go on and on.

I personally believe this recent trial is mostly based on what he had done (and has done) with his life. That when he wanted to "come clean" his lawyers forbade it - insisted he keep quiet or they would immediately cease to represent him. The evidence supporting his guilt inclued DNA, gloves (that exactly matched his - and were his brand) and shoe prints that matched his... and it goes on and on.

So I would say NO MATTER WHO WE ARE, NO MATTER WHAT RACE OR GENDER, OR RELIGION. IF WE LIVE OUR LIVES IN A MANNER OF TOTAL DISREGARD FOR OTHERS AND BELIEVE WE ARE ABOVE GOD AND THE LAW - IT WILL END IN RUIN.

Guest2
10-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I find you having this sig that is displayed at every time you post to be disrespectful, negative and offensive

I find your reaction to Miss Piggy's signature as;
Distorted, Misguided and down right Humorous. :notrust:

Maybe you meant the content of the link and not
the individual's decision to post it. Then again, this
would be assuming you even bothered to ask her why
she made the decision to do so before putting her out
on "Front Street". If your goal was to let everyone know
how you feel about a certain link, your goal was achieved. :notrust:

The thread is entitled, "Congratulations to us all". She made this
thread to share positive thoughts at a difficult time. You have
every right to post your feelings, however, I would submit to you
that there are other threads more fitting. Hear's an idea, maybe
you could start a new thread entitled; "Bad Signatures", I'm sure
you'll get plenty of visits. At least you won't be tearing down a
fellow members attempt towards something positive. :notrust:

XL-entLady
10-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I find your reaction to Miss Piggy's signature as;
Distorted, Misguided and down right Humorous. :notrust:

Ah, my dear friend Squale, I sit at the feet of the master! Are you sure your name isn't Socrates-bear? :cool::cool:

And, Miss Piggy, my thanks to you for starting this thread to provide positive thoughts we all need in this trying time! :)

Lady

alevin
10-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Miss Piggy, I too just wanted to say thanks for noticing and giving us all the opportunity to give each other positive feedback on how we interact with one another on difficult subjects in a difficult time.

I seldom talk politics in everyday life-my dad was a fed who didn't believe in talking about politics, religion or the other big one, even in the family. which is probably good, since I'm naturally inclined towards indie/dem even tho it took me til my late 20s to vote in a primary, yet my younger bro and especially younger sis became young repubs in high school to my consternation and dismay. Course since our family doesn't talk politics, I managed to restrain myself from comment at the time (and to this day even). :)

Guest2
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Ah, my dear friend Squale, I sit at the feet of the master! Are you sure your name isn't Socrates-bear? Lady

I was pissy last night and may have been a bit heavy handed.
When I read "Socrates" it threw me back to Bill & Ted's Excellant
Adventure when they called him "Soe-Krates" (LoL). Thanks for
always managing to put a smile :) on my face. :)

Guest2
10-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Miss Piggy, I too just wanted to say thanks for noticing and giving us all the opportunity to give each other positive feedback on how we interact with one another on difficult subjects in a difficult time.

I seldom talk politics in everyday life-my dad was a fed who didn't believe in talking about politics, religion or the other big one, even in the family. which is probably good, since I'm naturally inclined towards indie/dem even tho it took me til my late 20s to vote in a primary, yet my younger bro and especially younger sis became young repubs in high school to my consternation and dismay. Course since our family doesn't talk politics, I managed to restrain myself from comment at the time (and to this day even). :)

I share your feeling about political discussions. They can get intense and
sometimes down right ugly. I avoid them at all costs. I also share in your
feelings toward Miss Piggy. We haven't had many opportunities to talk on
our threads, but she certain deserves our thanks and some Rep Points for
such a timely and appreciated thread.

Miss_Piggy
10-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your supportive comments on this thread and others. They meant a lot to me.
I was afraid I was going to be run off like a leper for having so many different points of view and opinions from most of you.

Show-me
10-06-2008, 06:47 AM
LOL, I can do that, but I need the request in writing please.:blink::nuts::D

Guest2
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM
LOL, I can do that, but I need the request in writing please.

In Memorandum form, please. :nuts::laugh::toung: