PDA

View Full Version : WEDNESDAY INTEREST RATE HIKE

Rod
11-09-2004, 06:07 AM
What fund will you be in this day? I believe I will be100%S. Why? Well, when the Fed raises interest rates, it's a good indicator that the economy is improving.:dah:

Let's look at earnings in the S Fund on the day of the last 3 rate hikes:

Jun 30: earned 10 cents per share

Aug 10: earned earned 20 cents per share

Sep 21: earned 10 cents per share

There was no loss on the news of the rate hike.

Odds are, tomorrow will be a green day for the S Fund.:^

God Bless:)

Rod
11-09-2004, 06:23 AM
One thing I have noticed about the day before a proposed rate hike is the anxiety it seems to create on The Street. I don't know why since we always seem to come out ahead onHike Day.

We'll just have too see how tomorrow plays out. :^

cowboy
11-09-2004, 08:59 AM
I agree with you Rod the markets do go up on the fed raised hike day but you need to watch out the day after, as it drops significantly the next day of the last 2 hike raises and Thursday you wont be able to make a move. The I fund out performed the S the last hike raise. All funds went up on those days. Just a heads up to be careful!

Rod
11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
cowboy wrote:
I agree with you Rod the markets do go up on the fed raised hike day but you need to watch out the day after, as it drops significantly the next day of the last 2 hike raises and Thursday you wont be able to make a move. The I fund out performed the S the last hike raise. All funds went up on those days. Just a heads up to be careful!
Yeah, Thanx! I saw that too.