PDA

View Full Version : U.S. growth will be fastest of G-7: OECD

Silverbird
09-02-2008, 12:19 PM
PARIS (AP) -- The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development on Tuesday lowered its forecast for economic growth in the major European economies and Japan and raised its expectations for the United States, which it predicted will grow at the fastest pace of all G-7 economies...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/02/news/economy/OECD_slowgrowth.ap/index.htm?postversion=2008090209
:confused:

alevin
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Pull the other one.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94652-equity-benchmark-a-climb-too-high?source=yahoo

The thing I remember that relates to the mid-70's economy is where my dad said I had to live at home and go to local commuter college because he couldn't afford college for me otherwise (he changed his mind a year later for unrelated reasons), but lately I'm getting it that the early 70's economy had to have had a lot to do with his beliefs about affordability around that time-even tho he was a GS-14, 15 at the time). The late 70's-early 80's economy would also explain why there were no longterm jobs to be had in my chosen profession during that time frame, I had to wait til mid80's to even have a shot at longterm stable employment opportunities-back then I lived within my means on minimum wage essentially too, going from shortterm job to shortterm job and not worried about the future so I was clueless about the bigger picture. Debt-free and no credit cards, car and rent and utilities and a little extra for fun with friends. Who knew?

Wonder how many 20-somethings today know what's going on any more than I did back then?

Scout333
09-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Pull the other one.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94652-equity-benchmark-a-climb-too-high?source=yahoo

The thing I remember that relates to the mid-70's economy is where my dad said I had to live at home and go to local commuter college because he couldn't afford college for me otherwise (he changed his mind a year later for unrelated reasons), but lately I'm getting it that the early 70's economy had to have had a lot to do with his beliefs about affordability around that time-even tho he was a GS-14, 15 at the time). The late 70's-early 80's economy would also explain why there were no longterm jobs to be had in my chosen profession during that time frame, I had to wait til mid80's to even have a shot at longterm stable employment opportunities-back then I lived within my means on minimum wage essentially too, going from shortterm job to shortterm job and not worried about the future so I was clueless about the bigger picture. Debt-free and no credit cards, car and rent and utilities and a little extra for fun with friends. Who knew?

Wonder how many 20-somethings today know what's going on any more than I did back then?

Sounds very familiar! I remember starting my first real job out of college with a navy sport coat and two pair of pants (one red plaid and one grey). Both polyester!:D I had $ 100 in the bank a $ 500 car and a loan at the credit union for $ 500 to live on till I got my first check. Net worth $ 50!:D Thought I was rich! Lived on my travel checks and banked my paychecks. Thanks for allowing me to reminisce Alevin! Those were the days!:)