PDA

View Full Version : fed times article

Guest2
08-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Idiots ! I guess it would be too much to ask for (the truth) !
I'm writing them and asking for a Poll to determine whether
the Loans were made out of hardship, or made out of the
fact that the FRTIB took away our abilities decision rights
(IFT's) and fled to accounts that don't. Stupid Idiots !
I thought I saw a Fed. Times employee on this MB not to
long ago. If he/she still exists (not personal) take that back
to your bosses and shove it down their throats ! :mad:

Callme_CO
08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Mamma said there'd be days like this. More and more mindless babble covered in smoke and mirrors.

Guest2
08-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Time for work,,,,see my thread !
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! :mad:

CountryBoy
08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I just called NARFE about the above article and informed them that one of the big reasons that alot of us are sitting in the G fund is becasue of the 2 IFT rule, which she was aware of, and that rule has just as much impact as the bad market for folks sitting in the G. I also advised her of the possible collusion between Barclays losing money in hedge funds and the Board making the 2 IFT rule.

I told her I was a little dissappointed that NARFE hadn't taken more of an interest in something this important to Fed Employees. She seemed concerned and interested and said they will definately look into it. Now she may have been blowing sunshine up my skirt, but it probably wouldn't hurt to contact NARFE and tell them that Losely (sp) is saying NARFE is going to get involved in the matter.

It can't hurt.

1-800-456-8410 NARFE

CB

Guest2
08-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I just called NARFE about the above article and informed them that one of the big reasons that alot of us are sitting in the G fund is becasue of the 2 IFT rule, which she was aware of, and that rule has just as much impact as the bad market for folks sitting in the G. I also advised her of the possible collusion between Barclays losing money in hedge funds and the Board making the 2 IFT rule.

I told her I was a little dissappointed that NARFE hadn't taken more of an interest in something this important to Fed Employees. She seemed concerned and interested and said they will definately look into it. Now she may have been blowing sunshine up my skirt, but it probably wouldn't hurt to contact NARFE and tell them that Losely (sp) is saying NARFE is going to get involved in the matter.

It can't hurt.

1-800-456-8410 NARFE

CB

I think I'll do that ! But on one condition ! Please tell me its a Kilt and
that your a Irish/Scotish cowboy. Otherwise, its going to take me at
least six months to get the picture out of my head ! :nuts:

EEK! 5 YEARS TO GO!
08-28-2008, 10:01 AM
So they're alarmed by the "massive movement of money into the G fund" from other funds are they? Hmmm...seems like a "massive movement of money into the I fund" from the G fund and back again was the reason (false) given for IFT limits. What's next, limiting moves to G fund?:mad:

XL-entLady
08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I think I'll do that ! But on one condition ! Please tell me its a Kilt and that your a Irish/Scotish cowboy. Otherwise, its going to take me at least six months to get the picture out of my head ! :nuts:
With my husband's Celtic heritage and my firsthand knowledge about what the Scots traditionally wear under their kilts, now I have a picture stuck in my head! :laugh::laugh:

Lady

Frixxxx
08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, here ya go. Now that the wonderful civil service world has taken away the retirement and put it into our hands, they've tied them behind our backs limiting our control of our destiny. I remember the SS "fix" that was thrown around called "privitization". If I had full control on that market would they then tell me where an how I could manage it?

This is getting so frustrating. These "experts" are saying that the TSP program is "damned if we trade, damned if we don't." I am getting a little sick and tired of these "experts" and the representation they are receiving in the media.

I think we need to request an investment advocate for TSP investors. The board is lost and are catering to the company responsible for taking care of our money. Most of the people on this MB are professionals. We have been educated and have sought out investment alternatives. I can only imagine what a GS-05 is looking at for retirement.

RANT OVER.:mad:

CountryBoy
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I think I'll do that ! But on one condition ! Please tell me its a Kilt and
that your a Irish/Scotish cowboy. Otherwise, its going to take me at
least six months to get the picture out of my head ! :nuts:

Yeah I'm a Irish/Scottish cowboy, so you'll be able to sleep tonight. :laugh:

CB

Elgallo
08-28-2008, 12:24 PM
All this tells me is that the FRTIB is manned by a bunch of cluless idiots! And THEY have CONTROL of OUR money!

""With my husband's Celtic heritage and my firsthand knowledge about what the Scots traditionally wear under their kilts, now I have a picture stuck in my head! """"

And if he's a McDonald he surly has a 1/2 pounder!!!!!:D

nnuut
08-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Rooster?:confused:

Aviator_Guy
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
[quote=Frixxxx;177514]This is getting so frustrating. These "experts" are saying that the TSP program is "damned if we trade, damned if we don't." I am getting a little sick and tired of these "experts" and the representation they are receiving in the media.

This is the best post I have seen in a long time!!!:cool::cool:

luv2read
08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
With my husband's Celtic heritage and my firsthand knowledge about what the Scots traditionally wear under their kilts, now I have a picture stuck in my head! :laugh::laugh:
Lady

And if he's a McDonald he surly has a 1/2 pounder!!!!!:D

um a half pounder under the kilt

(I think McDonalds have quarter pounders though)

Guest2
08-29-2008, 12:08 AM
:embarrest:
{squalebear timidly backs out of the room, hoping to escape the ladies who will inevitably break out their scales for confirmation}
:embarrest:

alevin
08-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Lost me there Nnuut. ;)

luv2read
08-29-2008, 02:01 AM
NNUT spent too much time in that testosterone filled Men Things thread now he can't pick up on the subtleties of the feminine mind...;)

the only thing he could think of in response to 1/2 pounder was a rooster..

nnuut
08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Lost me there Nnuut. ;)
I was thrown aghast when Elgallo mentioned her husband. All of this time I thought Elgallo was of the masculine gender. Just made sense that someone named THE ROOSTER would be a man!!!:blink:
1/2 pound chicken? Light weight!

XL-entLady
08-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Lost me there Nnuut. ;)
Maybe he was wondering about elgallo's avatar? Maybe not though. Since "el gallo" is "the rooster" it might make perfect sense to him.

BTW, Squale, your reaction to the turn of this conversation was priceless! Too good! :laugh::laugh:

Lady

Guest2
08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Maybe he was wondering about elgallo's avatar? Maybe not though. Since "el gallo" is "the rooster" it might make perfect sense to him.

BTW, Squale, your reaction to the turn of this conversation was priceless! Too good!

Lady

Cocka-Doodle-Doo ! :laugh:

XL-entLady
08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
I was thrown aghast when Elgallo mentioned her husband. All of this time I thought Elgallo was of the masculine gender. Just made sense that someone named THE ROOSTER would be a man!!!:blink:

Ah, there's the confusion then. Elgallo was quoting something I had said earlier about my husband, in order to make his McDonald's joke. :D

Lady

nnuut
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Ah, there's the confusion then. Elgallo was quoting something I had said earlier about my husband, in order to make his McDonald's joke. :D

Lady
Oh!! My Bad Elgallo you have been wronged, sad to say I didn't take notice, that statement was a "QUOTE", it was XLL's husband. :embarrest:Then Ya'll is a MAN!!. So sorry Buddy.:embarrest:

Elgallo
08-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Folks, I'm freaking cracking up right now for sure!!!

Jeezze...I logged in this morning and discoverd that quite possibly, through the marvels of the Internet, that I had been transformed into a lassie! Ya had me real concerned there Nut!

BTW.... I am by birth, a proud member of The Clan Donald! Need I say more.....

luv2read
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh!! My Bad Elgallo you have been wronged, sad to say I didn't take notice, that statement was a "QUOTE", it was XLL's husband. :embarrest:Then Ya'll is a MAN!!. So sorry Buddy.:embarrest:
well i tried to fix it in my post:nuts::cheesy: