PDA

View Full Version : new guy - grove

grove
08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
hello all,

I'm an 8 year Army veteran who is due to separate next week. I started the TSP when I was a private back in 2000 and kept my contributions going between 5 - 10% ever since. I just found this forum and I look forward to learning more about taking control of my investment. I haven't played much with my funds; for a long time, I was 33% into the C, S, and I funds. Now for the last couple years, I'm in the most aggressive lifecycle fund and I hope to gain some insight into how I can make informed decisions about my fund allocation.

Thanks!

Show-me
08-27-2008, 04:45 PM
grove,
Great job and great discipline. Welcome to the mb and good luck.

ATCJeff
08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Welcome

nnuut
08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Welcome Grove!!
Norman:D

Frixxxx
08-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome and thank you for your service......

Hope you can tuck all retirement pay away until you "really" retire.:cool:

JTH
08-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome, you've come to the right place, there is much to be learned here. :)

Guest2
08-27-2008, 06:30 PM
hello all,

I'm an 8 year Army veteran who is due to separate next week. I started the TSP when I was a private back in 2000 and kept my contributions going between 5 - 10% ever since. I just found this forum and I look forward to learning more about taking control of my investment. I haven't played much with my funds; for a long time, I was 33% into the C, S, and I funds. Now for the last couple years, I'm in the most aggressive lifecycle fund and I hope to gain some insight into how I can make informed decisions about my fund allocation.

Thanks!

Welcome Grove, You found a great source concerning your
TSP questions. Have fun and enjoy it along the way ! ;)

EW_ret
09-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Welcome to our forums. You can join our Automated Tracker once you have 10 posts. Read the Automated Tracker Rules in my signature. Click Members Ranking (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php) to see the current return rankings of our members.

Gumby
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Welcome and good luck! :)

Steadygain
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Grove is a very cool name. :cool:

We're honored to have ya aboard and very appreciative you hung in there for 8 faithful years for all of us. Way to go my friend! I've got my Honorable Discharge within arm's reach.

We're going through "growing pains" with the limited IFTs and many are spooked with what the year has brought and with the uncertainty of what's to come - but it sounds like you've got a winning style so we can equally gain from you.

tsptalk
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome grove! I just saw your intro. Thanks for joining us!